DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

I wore mine out on Saturday afternoon in Birmingham and got asked about it by a cool guy in Selfridges. I was pretty happy someone recognized it!

Has anyone tried the ebay cheap versions of the jacket yet? There are some on amazon too. I saw a video review of the amazon one and it looks pretty awful. White satin, single tone scorpion in orange, etc

Anyone have any experience with any others?

Just bought one off eBay for $100 last week, arrived second day. Way better than what I expected. Im gonna take some pictures and share them here.

Hi Guys,

So I had always want my copy of the Gosling jacket but Indy's jacket was just little too much for my wallet. Screening through eBay listings last week and this one popped into my eyes. Unlike most of other shady dealers this one has some real product pictures and they looked not bad (at least not that orange scorpion on back of snow white thing). Asked the seller some questions and got replied fast, finally wanna give this guy a try.

The jacket was shipped from N. Hollywood and it arrived next day. I ordered a size S and it fits very well. Like the fabric and craftsmanship, wway better than I expected. Here are some pictures I just took. The first pictures were eBay pictures I borrowed.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/spinningelbow81/my%20drive%20jacket/111.jpg[/IM]

from front
[IMG]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/spinningelbow81/my%20drive%20jacket/IMG_0984_526F672C.jpg

from back
IMG_1001_526F672C.jpg

the scorpion (note the tail is same as the original one from 1964 movice Scorpion Rising)
IMG_0999_526F672C.jpg

the embroidery
IMG_0996_526F672C.jpg

Collar
IMG_0992_526F672C.jpg

Cuff detail
IMG_0987_526F672C.jpg

only one chest pocket though
IMG_1009_526F672C.jpg

the stitches looks pretty solid IMO
IMG_1014_526F672C.jpg

Not a bad deal for 100 bucks.

Last edited:
I would've loved to snag those H&M jeans from a few pages ago, but H&M doesn't even deliver to my area of the U.S. Still no luck being able to find someone who will stitch an LA hat for me, either. They want bulk or nothing. :/

@ SpinningElbow81, good find! There are a few dissimilarities but nothing near some of those other ebay jackets, good find!

I wore my driver costume the other night minus the levi's jacket and shades. I got a few compliments but most people didn't know who I was, which means its still pretty much a cult film which I'm happy about. Then I heard some people say they thought the costume was awesome but the movie was horrible... It never even crossed my mind that people could find the movie bad, just never thought about it.

Anyways, my Stacy Adams Madison boots came today that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I bought the steel grey ones as I thought the white ones were too dressy. Overall the boots are really cool, they look and feel great!
However I could already see a few scuff marks on them, very minor ones, but still there even before I wore them, so obviously these are gonna look well-used in a few weeks. As you can see in one of the pictures, the sole is 100% leather besides the heel being capped with rubber. This would equal death if I wore them in winter. I live in Winnipeg which is infamous for its brutal winters, and even wearing them indoors I can feel the lack of grip. These are mainly summer/dry season-type dress boots, so I shall treat them as such.

ElijahMan I know exactly what you mean, I have been wearing my boots fairly regularly because they look so good and are very comfortable but even in rain I'm finding my boots slipping on pavement, God knows how slippy they'd be in snow :S

Wore the jacket out to a bar the other night and everyone wanted to touch it. Had some lovely ladies caressing the jacket. Also a couple fellas. It's all good.

Can anyone say if there are any differences, major or minor, between the Steady jacket and SpinningElbow81's jacket on page 94? I'm working on a limited budget, and would like to save money where possible, though I'd hate to get something noticeably inferior just because I wasn't willing to spend a few extra bucks.

First of all the fabric has tiny 'stripes' to make it shiny and isn't as 'ivory' as the steady jacket - it's a tad more white. But in some lights, it will look ivory and isn't too bad at all.

The collar has a button hole which isnt on the steady version (the steady version has a popper also which isnt even on the movie jacket which is blank)

The overall jacket is close enough but it just isn't as shiny or ivory looking as the steady jacket.

That said... there are some stores on ebay that do a very close match. 'British Boutique' do one that is almost 100% and the right colour - the scorpion however leaves a little to be desired. What I would do is order one of those jackets without the scorpion and order a seperate closer scorpion from the ebay link posted a few pages back and sew it on/iron on myself. I could do the stitching over the scorpion like on the movie jacket if i was careful enough.

Thanks Shane, looking into that, though my inner perfectionist will probably convince me to get the Steady in the end.

I've also found a lead on a nice pair of white Stacy Adams; close enough, given how rare the taupe ones are. Does Ryan wear the ankle "boot" version or the regular dress shoe variant? It's hard to tell from those pictures a few pages back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back