I built the classic "Han Solo Blaster" and the version Luke pulled on Yoda. At the time, Luke's was very hard to research. Lots of repeated misinformation and inaccurate replicas were presented for reference. This thread is a fantastic resource. I don't have any useful material to add other than thanks!

This thread is so very useful. If we’ve learned anything it’s that prtsofsw knew what we needed, guides like this.

Weather consciously or not, Parts of Star Wars was inspirational to me in making this guide, it was a formative part of my early days in the hobby.
lonepigeon and Mr_Sparkle are two of the giants of the RPF, on whose shoulders we stand to see farther.
We all owe Messrs. Trevas & Reiff a debt.

Last edited:
I think I got this from v312. With regards to the Bespin Hero blasters (live fires). I know it’s a little controversial as some are adiment that Solos (full light port) did not have a greeblie what so ever on the left side. But this picture IMHO anyways shows infact there is a greeblie on each. Thoughts?
IMG_6391.png

This pic is the first one I saw that showed something was there..
IMG_6827.jpeg

Oh there’s definitely something there, I’ve never seen it full on. There are shots out there of messy glue residue on the cut-port one and they clearly have distributor ring footprints!

I know for the Luke variant (3/4 light port) there are photos showing that left side. The Solo one though is more of a mystery but it certainly looks like there is something there as well. I like teecrooz conviction and tend to agree.

scarf man not sure if you’ve seen this or are aware of these posts but I was thinking about the Hoth blaster and these specific posts have helped me quite a bit back in the day, It’s first hand, up close inspections of this Hoth blaster while it was on display in Japan by mortifactor from a long time ago.. in our very own galaxy. Very helpful and I definitely think it should be included within this thread somewhere..

Post in thread 'DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208'
DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

scarf man not sure if you’ve seen this or are aware of these posts but I was thinking about the Hoth blaster and these specific posts have helped me quite a bit back in the day, It’s first hand, up close inspections of this Hoth blaster while it was on display in Japan by mortifactor from a long time ago.. in our very own galaxy. Very helpful and I definitely think it should be included within this thread somewhere..

Covered back on page 7.

Aluminum FH

The mount spacer, from screencaps on the Today show with Al Roker is obviously solid metal with crap all over it. The hex nuts on the other side don't line up, meaning they hold the mount to the gun, and the 3 screws are a separate attachment entirely.

edit - at least we know for sure the hex nuts don't line up, and hold the spacer on. Maybe we didn't confirm it's solid, but I don't see how it couldn't be with those hex nuts lol

Thanks thd9791 for bringing that to my attention, I must have missed it the first time around.
mortifactor thanks for your write up on what you observed at the exhibit, it was illuminating.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back