Destiny Hand Cannons for 3d print, Last Word, now Hawkmoon (pic heavy)

Not my intention either. Just trying, in some way, to encourage builders to try it the old fashioned way before they go straight for a 3D printer. Maybe learn a few transferable skills, etc.
As I said earlier, these are great models. Really love the Hawkmoon especially! Nice work on all of the details.

Are you planning on painting up your own copies at a later date?

Re: Destiny Last Word Hand Cannon for 3d print (pic heavy)

So this is gonna be a stupid question, but what's the Junkyard?? I am very interested in getting one of these.

Re: Destiny Last Word Hand Cannon for 3d print (pic heavy)

Not my intention either. Just trying, in some way, to encourage builders to try it the old fashioned way before they go straight for a 3D printer. Maybe learn a few transferable skills, etc.
As I said earlier, these are great models. Really love the Hawkmoon especially! Nice work on all of the details.

Are you planning on painting up your own copies at a later date?

Thanks! Definitely going to finish up my own as well, and might to do some finished ones. I try to engineer the design so that it will assemble easily and have moving parts, but also be very finishable. All the detailing seems a waste of time to me if the pieces can't be finished properly. Funny thing is though, I'd probably get my own painted by one of the more capable members here; gotta admit, I was pretty sick of the Last Word by the time I had it ready for printing :lol having said that, I want to see one done up, I put the time into the hardware, fasteners and just the finish overall so it could be finished to look really sharp.

So this is gonna be a stupid question, but what's the Junkyard?? I am very interested in getting one of these.

Junkyard and such is under the classified section of this site. Mike and I have listed the Last Word kit under the Classifieds>Project Runs section of the RPF. Sorry, can't post a direct link here per RPF rules, but a quick search and you can find it :)

Hoping to have a prototype of the Hawkmoon in the next few days, if I ever get through this swing arm geometry :wacko Thanks for looking!

very nice work I'm wondering if you have any plans on doing a fatebringer? if so I'd be interested ^___^

That is a nice cannon, if I did one it would have to light up. Don't know if that one will get done, but I'm up for most anything.

Plugging away on the feathering template.... :wacko

Hawkmoon wrapped up this evening..... The feathers came out nice, just a lot of leg work. I can't wait to see how they look printed. :thumbsup

Thanks for looking!

Can you post a download for this model once you finish it. I actually modeled a Hawkmoon for 3D printing, but it was ripped from the game so it is very blocky.

Can you post a download for this model once you finish it. I actually modeled a Hawkmoon for 3D printing, but it was ripped from the game so it is very blocky.

Nope, not offering these to the public at this time.

Hawkmoon split up for printing, lots of parts, but the finish makes it worth it.

Love the progress here, dude. :thumbsup I've yet to play the game (still rockin' the old Xbox 360), but as a firearm enthusiast I gotta say............these are some bad ass lookin' magnums!!!

Love the progress here, dude. :thumbsup I've yet to play the game (still rockin' the old Xbox 360), but as a firearm enthusiast I gotta say............these are some bad ass lookin' magnums!!!

Thanks! If it makes you feel better, I'm still a PS3 guy, and I don't even own Destiny. :lol Reminds me of modeling the Iron Patriot cannon, I spent hours and hours researching to get that thing accurate before the movie was released, but then didn't actually see Iron Man 3 until 6 months later :lol:lol:lol

I am a noob at 3D modeling so hopefuly I will get better.

Oh heck yeah, we've all got to start somewhere. Be sure to get someone to post pictures and give you feedback when they print your files out; you'll learn a lot from that, and what needs adjusting. Even after I spend hours on a model for 3d print, I'm never positive everything will work and fit until that first print :)

When are you going to print your hawkmoon?

Very soon! I just told someone that I'd have a pair (one each of the Last Word and the Hawkmoon) ready to go out within the week, so Mike is fast-tracking the Hawkmoon to work out any tweaks that the parts may need. I'll post pics as pieces come up, and a size comparison of the two guns before they ship... I'm anxious to see them together myself!

Initial comparison render:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back