Defining the OWK tunisia saber. Is it even possible?

Looks a bit like a resin cast to me too.

The dark contrast of the area, and the matching shapes inside a sink knob have always suggested negative space to me too. First I've seen of a letter there, im glad you brought it up, its always worth challenging a little

I read through this thread again and I don't think we ever got there, when it comes to this prop. Resin and Rubber stunts were brought up, but only in the sense that they existed.

View attachment 1054084
In this photo from Scott Juarez I see:
1) 8-9 scratches in the grenade, showing resin beneath
2) A thick, solid transition between Grenade and Balance Pipe
3) Solid Windvane

Clamp, Knob appear to be real, and I can't tell about the booster. As to why do it in parts... maybe they wanted to use a real graflex clamp, and knew it had to be "put together" because of the windvane, Balance Pipe and Booster (too wide).

It could be that the cast produced such bad Grenade Frag that Chaim's story happened, filling in the grooves and changing the grip sections, inspiring the stunts. They even cast the grenade upside down by accident. Conjecture though.

If you play with the colors and brightness on this photo, I believe you can make out the windvane fins. Here is an adjusted one I saved, but take the original one page back and just mess with it. It seemed easier to see while I was sliding the brightness and color variables around.

9F8CB6C0-BF7F-4A82-B9E7-55B1063AB390.jpeg

Can anyone talk me through what's going on where the emitter and neck meet?

Hey thd9791 ! I think what your seeing was pointed out by Anakin Starkiller ! way back on Page 1, and that it's at least in part one of the flat ended Hale's Grenades...

grenade-hales-no3-mk1-straight-end-variant-01-8bit-1988-jpg.686296

grenade-hales-no3-mk1-straight-end-variant-02-8bit-1988-jpg.686314

I'll postulate that the little dark spot inside the windvane in this photo...

obitunisiascottjua-jpg.jpg

...is actually the cotterpin stuck in place where the retaining bolt holes are.

As for why it looks so nasty... two part epoxy to hold it on covered in black paint? Or easier yet, nasty old Cosmoline? Burnt jet fuel?

I wasn't talking about the grenade's shoulder, the condition of the frag cubes, the weight, or anything like that, I was mostly talking about the grenade neck's attachment to the emitter, and a little of the windvane/body scratches

For some reason I feel like the wrong things have caught people's attention, and we haven't touched on the big parts of the photo I was looking to discuss. I'm sorry if I've been confusing We don't have to, I can tap out here.

No confusion buddy, I get what you're seeing.

I consider the neck to be the entire windvane brass section that runs between the Balance Pipe/Emitter and the Grenade Frag Body/Grip. I was including the photos of the Flat Sided Hale's to show that the "neck" of it, especially the long bevel on the wider/pommel side of the windvane and skinny section that goes towards the grenade body, looks just like the "neck" in the Tunisia photos in agreement to what Anakin Starkiller thought about it.

You had said that it looked like the Grenade was inverted with the neck jammed in it, but we know that you can invert and screw either end of most Hale's Grenades onto the "neck" section. We also have here in the Flat Sided Hale's a grenade that readily fits the bill and explains why that part looks different to you. And where, I think that you think you're seeing perhaps a one-piece cast section that includes the BP/Neck/ and maybe the Grenade, that I'm seeing a real BP epoxied or otherwise gooped onto the Neck, and that some of that goop got onto the outide of the Windvane Ring, and that the "neck" is that of a Flat Sided Hale's screwed into a real Hale's Grenade (Flat Sided or Beveled but inverted) that has either some cleaner/less rusty/more reflective/polished cube faces or some chunks out of those cubes that are catching the bright Tunisian sunshine and presenting us with a flare of reflected sunlight just like what we see coming off of the BP, the GRAFLEX Clamp, the Booster edges/dings, and the bright and shiny AS Handwheel.

The reason I included the weight as a major factor in proving this thing isn't a resin casting is that a resin cast would be incapable of pulling his belt down so quickly as to be the way it's shown drooping in 99% of all the movie footage and production stills.

I want you to continue to discuss and postulate what you think the goop is in the BP where it meets the Flat Sided Hale's neck. I'm hoping you'll start to mix epoxies and rubbers and tar and cosmolilne and goop of all sorts to try and mimic whatever they used on it to secure the BP onto the neck of the Tunisian Obi-Wan.

I also want, and hope that I've presented the case sufficiently to you, to convince you that this is an ALL REAL PARTS OBI-WAN LIGHTSABER, and I certainly don't want you to "tap out" before I, or anyone else, have been able to do so.

So is it shadow, or is it goop?

If you play with the colors and brightness on this photo, I believe you can make out the windvane fins. Here is an adjusted one I saved, but take the original one page back and just mess with it. It seemed easier to see while I was sliding the brightness and color variables around.

View attachment 1054740

agree'd, you can also see that its light reflection on the frag section now.. possibly from the reflect tape on the clamp, or if no tape the clamp itself

we had this light problem with the holiday special saber

you can see the light reflection is generally all in the same area

frag 1.jpg

Had a real close up look at that photo & the whole front end looks normal found parts to me. It's very blurry pic to be sure. If I zoom in real close to the grenade top even that looks beveled but it is lying right next to a fold in his rob which is also a similar tone & shade thus disguising it.

I found it in empire of dreams! Very blurry on my laptop but it is a HEAVY prop. They bring his belt to him all put together.
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.54.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.55.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.56.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.59.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-27 at 1.59.30 PM.png
hits him in the balls and he stops walking immediately

As opposed to the Death Star hilt - a bit more shiny
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 2.03.03 PM.png

I found it in empire of dreams! Very blurry on my laptop but it is a HEAVY prop. They bring his belt to him all put together.
View attachment 1362543View attachment 1362545View attachment 1362546

View attachment 1362547View attachment 1362548
hits him in the balls and he stops walking immediately

As opposed to the Death Star hilt - a bit more shiny
View attachment 1362549

Tom this is from Disney plus? If so do you have the time stamps? See if I can capture it in 4k I don’t ever remember seeing this at all

It is! I'm on the wrong laptop now, give me an hour or two and I should deliver. Thank you so much!

Also, ball banger certainly fits. I was mortified to see how fast Alec stopped. Could totally have been stage direction, but amusedly I prefer this explanation... it does swing wildly

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back