Limited Run DaveP's Obi Static Parts Run 2022/23 (Sign-Up Closed)

Wow, really excited for this! I am 100% still in for a full hilt! I also need to think some more about what extra parts I might want. Also, depending on price, I might be interested in a full commission from you.

This has put a huge smile on my face, thanks so much for your hard work here Dave. :)

I’m still in for the whole saber with the note I’d prefer the emitter unassembled for weathering.
Thanks so much Jackson! Much appreciated (y)
This looks amazing! I unfortunately am going to have to drop out as it's just out of my budget. :(
Can't wait to see your guys' photos of the completed hilt. It looks like it's going to be epic!
I'm sorry to hear that. I totally understand though, and thank you for letting me know. Much appreciated.
A Fantastic work for a beautiful result. many thanks for making this run Dave.
Thanks Clement! Means a lot! (y)
Wow, really excited for this! I am 100% still in for a full hilt! I also need to think some more about what extra parts I might want. Also, depending on price, I might be interested in a full commission from you.
Thanks Drew! Great to hear! All the best!
I'm in for a full saber too, nicely done!
That's awesome! Thanks Wesley! Much appreciated. (y)

Off to bed now, but I think I've sent a link to the update to anyone on the list who isn't on the RPF.

I'll respond to any further comments as soon as I can over the weekend.

Thanks for all your support everyone. Really glad to hear that everything is looking good to everyone. :)

Night from the UK.

I'll make a proper start on confirming orders over the course of next week.

All the best,

Dave

DaveP I'm most definitely getting one, but I'm concerned about the inability to order certain parts. I understand that clamp cost more than the competition, but what kind of discrepancy are we talking? If you think that your clamp is superior then I'm sure your target demographic is the type to want extra clamps for other sabers and are willing to pay. I'd like to hear what others that are staying in the run think about this. I know I'm interested in one complete saber + 1 extra clamp + 2 extra rings without extra grenades. This is likely my preferred order.

Selling my old Obi ANH was a really, really good idea after all. :)

I have a ton of questions about weathering & assembly (especially about the balance pipe) but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :)

DaveP I'm most definitely getting one, but I'm concerned about the inability to order certain parts. I understand that clamp cost more than the competition, but what kind of discrepancy are we talking? If you think that your clamp is superior then I'm sure your target demographic is the type to want extra clamps for other sabers and are willing to pay. I'd like to hear what others that are staying in the run think about this. I know I'm interested in one complete saber + 1 extra clamp + 2 extra rings without extra grenades. This is likely my preferred order.
Hi There. I understand your concern. The difference between the actual cost price for the clamp and the cost of using a pre-existing one is more than I'm happy with though and quite a bit higher than the stated "target" price. If I'd have managed to get it somewhere closer to that, I'd have been happy to sell it separately, but as it is I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep it off the table. I'm sorry for any disappointment. :(

The reason for the rebalancing, and for keeping the cost price under wraps, is that I was concerned that people might object to it being included, in favour of using a cheaper option. After the work that went in to drawing it up along with the other parts, it didn't feel right to exclude it from the hilt, and I felt that the overall hilt price was around the area that I had in mind (considering it includes the Inconel emitter). I'm really keen on including a Folmer replica too, with the bright plating, plated pin and domed rivet. As I'm sure most people on the run are too.

As it is, the additional cost has been evenly spread across the other parts (so hasn't had a huge affect on other individual prices).

Needless to say, I’m in! Great stuff mate.
I'm really excited about this run! I'm in :-D

Dave C
Brilliant!
So tempting. I may be in for at least an emitter.
Definitely count me in, DaveP!
Selling my old Obi ANH was a really, really good idea after all. :)

I have a ton of questions about weathering & assembly (especially about the balance pipe) but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :)
Looking good. I think you did a really good job on the price to be honest. Put me down for a complete hilt.
Awesome work as always. And thank you! Pls put me down for a full saber.
Thanks so much everyone! Much appreciated!
I'm sorry but I'm out. Amazing project anyway.
I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know. And thanks so much for following the run. Much appreciated!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'm just trying to juggle weekend/family with keeping up with messages, so please bare with me if you've sent a DM and I haven't had chance to respond straight away. I think I'm up to date with everything for now...

I just finished writing up a confirmation message which I'll be sending out to everyone over the course of next week. Please excuse the fact that it's copy/pasted text. It's just asking for your details for invoicing/shipping, as well as your order (if you've decided). I've moved the interest list over to Excel, where I'll be plugging in all of this next week.

I'll send out the confirmation message to everyone, regardless of whether we're already chatting elsewhere. Just to keep it separate and organised.

Hope this is ok.

I'll start sending these out tomorrow (y)

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Thanks again everyone!

All the best,

Dave

I would like to increase my order to two sabers, one for me and one for a friend who is a huge Obiwan fan but is a technological nincompoop and can't seem to be able to join the RPF :)). Thanks Dave- I will say it again: UH-MAY-ZING!!!

Here's a question regarding the coach-bolt assembly method. If I'm looking at just an emitter, will that include the threaded connector, and what is that threading?

Wow. Incredible work and effort must have gone into this. Interested in an emitter (unassembled), spacer and booster.

Curious what the original method of assembly was/is?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back