Dark Rey's Ep IX lightsaber [maybe SPOILERS inside]

Whatttttttt that is so coooool. I didn’t like the design from what I could see from the trailer but this is RIDICULOUS. I love it

Upon closer inspection, it seems like EFX did not get this 100% accurate.
In fact, there are some noticeable differences between the EFX prototype and the screen used version

Upon closer inspection, it seems like EFX did not get this 100% accurate.
In fact, there are some noticeable differences between the EFX prototype and the screen used version
Care to elaborate? I personally think it’s too hard to see everything clearly from the special look footage.

Doing a quick comparison, for example looks like the red "booster" part on the movie version is actually larger in diameter than the metal parts above or below, but the eFX version has them at the same diameter, but could be mistaken the footage is not that clear.

Doing a quick comparison, for example looks like the red "booster" part on the movie version is actually larger in diameter than the metal parts above or below, but the eFX version has them at the same diameter, but could be mistaken the footage is not that clear.
Good point, I think I see that too.

Also, the EFX one is missing couple set-screws in the grip section, the black shroud piece sits too high, some black "dots" are missing, and a few areas are just machined incorrectly.

rey test1.JPG
rey test2.JPG

We've got a new found part for this saber!
Photos are up at The Parts of Star Wars Facebook page...

The folding mechanism is an XLR Industries push button folding rifle stock adaptor (first generation).
The first version is much different than the second generation adaptor currently offered on the XLR Industries website.
From the EFX website description it sounds like they're using the real parts for their replicas. Since the part is no longer in production it's bound to become scarce.

I thought it was the Hera version. Looks pretty similar
Agreed looks like the Hera version to me just based on the length of the section right underneath the threaded part, that part is longer on the XLR version but other than that they're very similar. Do you see any other differences?

Late to the party here but i like this hilt having seen it better. Very much like the DV6 emitters going on too.

Same, I'd be very interested to see someone do an accurate run of these.
But, please model it after the screen-used hilt; EFX is a good reference but not 100% accurate

I thought it was the Hera version. Looks pretty similar

Interesting. I didn't see the Hera. They do look nearly identical. The only difference I see is the two screws on the end (inside) - which we can't see in the EFX video to confirm one way or the other. They might even be the same piece sold under different names like other gun parts. The Hera branding is only a sticker. I will note both on the Facebook page.

Same, I'd be very interested to see someone do an accurate run of these.
But, please model it after the screen-used hilt; EFX is a good reference but not 100% accurate

You do understand there are several versions of any prop made right? And that they do vary in details right? Like a stunt, hero, working, etc.. There may be a half dozen different versions of the same saber and they could all vary A LOT in details. And while EFX states they were given a screen used prop as reference, for all intensive purposes it is 100% correct to the version they were given.

You do understand there are several versions of any prop made right? And that they do vary in details right? Like a stunt, hero, working, etc.. There may be a half dozen different versions of the same saber and they could all vary A LOT in details. And while EFX states they were given a screen used prop as reference, for all intensive purposes it is 100% correct to the version they were given.

I know. You don't need to state the obvious, buddy.
Supposedly,
This saber has a very short screen time (around 1 min or less) according to the leaks)

So, however many versions they made of this saber, I'm only interested in what was used on screen.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back