Dark Rey's Ep IX lightsaber [maybe SPOILERS inside]

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.


SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Do the reddish parts look like boosters to anyone else?

I thought the same thing. It looks like some Saberforge/Ultrasaber nonsense with boosters and a hinge.

I kinda also see an MPP-ish bulb release thingy just down from the emitters too. Maybe even a cut off Heiland shroud type piece with it.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
Not sure... but your profile pic color change now makes you like like dark side teecrooz.

Hey teecrooz ! Say it ain't so bro!

Darth Teecrooz Avatar by Ridire Firean - 001.jpg
 

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
While I'm at it... I see your avatar SethS like this...

SethS Joker Avatar - by Ridire Firean - 001.jpg


p.s. These are both done in good fun, and you're all welcome to tease my "R" avatar in return. ;) One of these days I'll think of a proper avatar and y'all can edit it for fun then!
 

Ridire Firean

Sr Member
Oooh, I like that! You are better at MS Paint than I am! Saved for future use...
Thanks buddy! It's kinda quick but 95% accurate and the other 5% doesn't show up at this size. I did it with "Paths" in Photoshop.

I currently have Photoshop, Illustrator, and ImageReady open, running different projects on each. Though I don't think I'm going to finish the ImageReady file, I saved somebody's Butterfly Knife GIF with hopes of doing a quick Butterfly Lightsaber overlay, but the frakkin' thing is 275 frames! I just had to take a break from my Illustrator file (my lightsaber chassis design) and popped open PS to have a bit of fun.

I'm glad you like it! Back to the ol' design board for me now. I still can't believe I have to redraw all of this in Fusion360 yet! YUCK! Oh well, it'll be worth it in the end.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ARKM

Sr Member
Here's mine.
 

Attachments

  • Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-01.jpg
    Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-01.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-02.jpg
    Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-02.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-03.jpg
    Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-03.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 109
  • Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-04.jpg
    Reys_new_double-bladed_lightsaber-04.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 111

SethS

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
darkrey.jpg


Comparing what I see to a custom I made awhile back. Cut-off Heiland shroud, MPP bulb assembly. Not saything that's what it is, just looks kinda like it. That said, it also looks like the New Graflex not-clamp.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

nickytea

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Attachments

  • SW9_D23_Expo-Speciallook_1920x804_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater[(002556)2019-08-26-21-04-11].png
    SW9_D23_Expo-Speciallook_1920x804_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater[(002556)2019-08-26-21-04-11].png
    3.2 MB · Views: 206
  • SW9_D23_Expo-Speciallook_1920x804_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater[(002564)2019-08-26-21-04-43].png
    SW9_D23_Expo-Speciallook_1920x804_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater[(002564)2019-08-26-21-04-43].png
    3.5 MB · Views: 219
  • SW9_D23_Expo-Speciallook_1920x804_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater[(002580)2019-08-26-21-05-26].png
    SW9_D23_Expo-Speciallook_1920x804_DTS-HD_MA_51-thedigitaltheater[(002580)2019-08-26-21-05-26].png
    3.5 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

AnubisGuard

Sr Member
View attachment 1052756

Comparing what I see to a custom I made awhile back. Cut-off Heiland shroud, MPP bulb assembly. Not saything that's what it is, just looks kinda like it. That said, it also looks like the New Graflex not-clamp.

They're stealing your ideas! Sue!

(I agree – it's a bulb release plus a cut-down shroud.)

I think this shot is a fake-out. There is something about her face that looks superimposed.

Even if it is Daisy in that shot, there's no way they'd reveal it in the trailer if she really turns. They're faking us out regardless.
 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Top