Dark Rey's Ep IX lightsaber [maybe SPOILERS inside]

ldbpjowafsi31.jpg XsUneUx.png IvTS5tV.png Yn4QdRMDPfc.jpg

I want to call it «Horseshoe» :D

Last edited:
Is this the thing with lightsabers now? All crackly and anything but traditional looking?

I know there are exceptions, but it seems that lately lightsabers are radically different solely for the sake of pissing on a particular tree to mark some territory.

Is this the thing with lightsabers now? All crackly and anything but traditional looking?

I know there are exceptions, but it seems that lately lightsabers are radically different solely for the sake of pissing on a particular tree to mark some territory.

I mean, we've seen two lightsabers that are "different" in the ST. Kylo's, and this one inspired by Kylo's - which is likely from a vision sequence. Why not add some variety?

I hope there's more new hilts than this in TROS though, I want to see some more ST designs.

I mean, we've seen two lightsabers that are "different" in the ST. Kylo's, and this one inspired by Kylo's - which is likely from a vision sequence. Why not add some variety?

I hope there's more new hilts than this in TROS though, I want to see some more ST designs.
And almost every Sith saber in Rebels plus Ezra's blaster saber (sigh). But yes, crackly red fire spittin' sabers.

At least Rey's patched saber doesn't appear to be this crackly silliness.

I like it. Seems to me to be part of a future vision rather. I'm holding off on judgement until i've seen the film and seen how the sequences play out

Apparently it folds out like the Jedi Temple Guard's sabers. Disney is desperate to bring fans to the theater for IX. My excitement level is non existent for it, unfortunately.

Rey turning bad is something I pondered with the last movie, especially as I wondered what good could come out of that mess. That idea that Disney have the guts to do it may actually be the one thing they've shown so far that makes it interesting.

On a little bit less exciting note, 3PO got red eyes. He could have turned too...

"I am fluent in over 6 million forms of communication, and I'm gonna force you to listen to me recite from EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!"

In fairness, no one said it was definitely be bad, but that based on what's been done so far there wasn't much reason to hope it'd be good.

I don't like TLJ, but i didn't like ESB either until all was said and done. As a 9 year old, it was just 2 hours of my heroes getting their butts kicked :)
So i allow for the possibility that IX could change my mind on things.

Interesting saber-staff there. Kinda funky. Now if only YouTube's compression was halfway decent so we could see what it really looks like. Sometimes I really hate YouTube.

I'm not a fan of the saber, it looks kind of goofy. I never liked Maul's either. I did think they did a great job with Kylo's making it look more cobbled together and dirty than the PT ones (which I also never liked any of).

However, if they really do have the balls to turn Rey heel and have the rise of Skywalker be Ben turning good to defeat/save her, I'm 100% down with that. I didn't HATE TLJ like a lot of people did, but I didn't like it either. I just thought Rian Johnson was too busy trying to undo everything set up by the first movie to make a coherent middle story of a trilogy. It ends too finitely. I'm going into this one with low expectations, but this trailer did still get me pretty excited.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back