Cyberpunk city diorama

Yes Katsu-san; you're on the right track(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Everything has to be dirty and not too clean "Japanese Style":p Eager to see your next update!

Outstanding work! It is really coming together nicely and the lighting is fantastic!

Thank you, James-san! That lighting work took a long time. So, I'm happy to hear that!

Just found this thread, and everything on here was amazing to look at/read! I really loved the way you made the textures in the stairs, I would've never thought of doing it that way. Can't wait to see what's next!

Thank you for stopping by, veneziaworks-san. I hope you enjoy it with us.

Amazing as always. Love the lighting.

Thank you, Tom-san!

Lighting is perfect for this scale. Really creates a nice ambience

Very impressive

Thank you, Analyzer-san. I was careful not to be too bright or too dark.
Your words reward my work.
Yes Katsu-san; you're on the right track(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Everything has to be dirty and not too clean "Japanese Style":p Eager to see your next update!

:D Thanks, joberg-san! Yes, it may need it for this street of punks. I will print out many dirty posters and put them along with some graffiti. As always, balance is the key.

Finished the upper facade and started to give it some weathering.

b1FBs8S.jpg

3spu85G.jpg

FiUxNjz.jpg

AOQiEn1.jpg

lLllsjf.jpg

Added a brick pattern on the wall.

cqb64ny.jpg

lLllsjf.jpg

X1TK5FC.jpg

6sufMVy.jpg

Weathering work is a dangerous game.
Just like a detailing work, it's so fun to do and you often give it too much.
I've seen many good works spoiled by that. Of course, if you make it for filming, you have to rather overdo it.
I should remind myself.

katsu

You should see his other builds. Some really crazy awesome stuff here.
Thank you, Michael-san.
I'll definitely check them out!

Those models are made of my crazy enthusiasm and a bunch of kind support from my great friend modeler here.
Some are rough and some are technically immature but please enjoy.

Love the brick effect, and the grime streaks on the concrete pillars. The concreate looks very realistic as well

Thank you so much. Analyzer-san!!
I've thought about the brick pattern this and that but finally, I made a couple of stamps for this.

Q5GRv5Zm.jpg

It was so difficult to make that wooden pillars look like made of concrete.

That Lady Penelope's car is bringing so many memories Katsu-san (y) (y) Great idea that brick work:notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you, joberg-san! I thought that the metallic pink color goes well with the building.
I want to go make some vehicles but it will be a bit later.

Love the ground floor and the weathering. I'm always amazed at your process.

Thank you so much, Snow builder-san!

Now I got to go work on the inside of apartment rooms.
Maybe 15 to 18 rooms. Oh, the next room of the coffee shop is still empty...Huum :unsure: o_O

Attachments

• Q5GRv5Z.jpg
    Q5GRv5Z.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 49
Like a Wizard with a magic hat, he pulls out one 'trick' after another...
Katsu-san, you are the best. Thank you for this adventure. It's so cool to see this unfold...and then to be absolutely blown away by another feature that no-one ever saw coming. I'm 'glued' to the screen for more !

Like a Wizard with a magic hat, he pulls out one 'trick' after another...
Katsu-san, you are the best. Thank you for this adventure. It's so cool to see this unfold...and then to be absolutely blown away by another feature that no-one ever saw coming. I'm 'glued' to the screen for more !
Thank you, George-san! 'glued to the screen'!? Watch out when you peel off! In fact, I don't want you to look closer or you gonna find many rough parts. ;)
Don't forget to give your apartment tenants a way to enter and leave! :D

:devil:Ha ha! Because of the high rate of crimes, all those conventional prisons have been punctured, so, this apartment is rented by the government to lock up the minor criminals. There is no way out!.........
In fact, it looks imbalanced. I may have to put the extra landing. I happened to have an extra stairway.:unsure:

Great idea and very useful!

A lot easier and quicker than masking things off and airbrushing or spray painting
Thank you, Analyzer-san. Japan is the nation of stamps, not about the postal stamp but about the - Hanko. Here's an interesting story. All the Japanese people have their own imprint stamps -Hanko. I mean all of them. We stamp those Hanko on every official document or company document, anything relative documents. Just like you sign those. A few years ago, our government tried to abolish our Hanko and introduce a 'sign' just like you do. Because the government thought it's not contemporary that we still use those Hanko.
Finally, the government gave up that idea. Everyone wants to use Hanko as it was. You know, still, we have to check many many paper documents, and if we sign all those papers, our hands will be fatigued. Instead, Hanko, 'pong, pong, pong' it's so easy and quick. And also each Hanko is made very distinctively. Most of us have two types of Hanko. One is for very official documents. It's made by expert craftsmen and rather expensive. Another one is for usual use in the office or receiving home delivery or something like that. It is so cheap. A dollar to five. The official one is almost impossible to imitate.
I heard that the president of the united states once had an automatic sign machine. Is it some kind of an urban legend?

I had a problem once. Most of us Japanese don't have our own sign. However, I was working at the airline. So, most of the documents need to be signed. So I had to make up my own. But if I make it in the alphabet, it's gonna be a long letter. So I make it up with Japanese Kanji. The left side is my family name in Kanji, Fujihira. The meaning of kanji is 'Wisteria blooming plain'. The middle one is in cursive script. The right one is my sign. By the way, how do you make up your own sign?

1655515004061.png

1655512581893.png
Typical Hanko for official use.

1655512744040.png
Typical Japanese approval documents.(In office)

1655514366865.png
These are unofficial use. We call it as' San mon ban' (Three dollar stamp - some like that)
You can buy it at any one coin shop. You can find your name almost in 99 percent.

'Shachihata' is one of the major companies of Hanko.
You can order your own design of Hanko by mail. Anything is OK. It's so reasonable price. Those stamps often do not even need any stamp ink pad. You can stamp it more than thousands of times.

1655513292827.png
1655513322085.png
1655513679536.png

That's why I came up with a brick stamp.:p

Today, I’m gonna take my time to draw many sketches.
So the next post will be a bit later.

Thank you, my friends!

katsu

Last edited:
Fascinating. I have a signature stamp at work, not nearly as pretty as those.

Thomas Jefferson had a device called a polygraph (nowdays, a polygraph is a fancy term for a lie detector) which would let him write or sign two documents at one time:
Oh, I'm surprised. You do have a stamp. And thank you for the info about the president's sign machine. That was true...
I just added the above post about my sign. Please take a look :D

Hanko is so much cooler and prettier than signatures

Very fascinating

over here we have simpler rubber stamps, but they are more often than not used for things like this
DK_IWWSemmgQ-BH_6ivzj4GN6MzDcTnR4AAY_LaSk&usqp=CAU.jpg

as someone tells you to get out of line and yells "next" :lol:

Although of course there are official seals for agencies, and notary

View attachment 1587843

View attachment 1587844

View attachment 1587845

View attachment 1587846

View attachment 1587847

View attachment 1587848

View attachment 1587849

View attachment 1587850

View attachment 1587851

I've seen many good works spoiled by that. Of course, if you make it for filming, you have to rather overdo it.
I should remind myself.

katsu
Excellent comment from a master modeler that demonstrates significant experience. Nothing in excess, nothing in deficiency.

View attachment 1587843

View attachment 1587844

View attachment 1587845

View attachment 1587846

View attachment 1587847

View attachment 1587848

View attachment 1587849

View attachment 1587850

View attachment 1587851

I should remind myself.

katsu
Just saw your caution on weathering & detail. This is a Master Modeler’s lesson learned from many years of experience:

Nothing in excess, nothing in deficiency. Also a life observation by a wise man.

Excellent comment from a master modeler that demonstrates significant experience. Nothing in excess, nothing in deficiency.

Just saw your caution on weathering & detail. This is a Master Modeler’s lesson learned from many years of experience:

Nothing in excess, nothing in deficiency. Also a life observation by a wise man.

Hi, hello, Searun-san. Thank you for your kind comment.

I believe maybe there is no wise man. Maybe there are only people who have made many mistakes and somehow, have become able to acquire the desired result.

Oh, here is a good tip! 'Better not post up something you failed!' :p(y)

Thank you again for your support.:notworthy::notworthy:
katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back