Correcting the Lunar Models 41" Excelsior

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Vidar 710

Here is the Superstructure master fully primed. The scratch made Impulse Crystal trench from a DQ Blizzard top and the 3D modeled dome are in place, along with the scratch-built bridge dome. The paper templates for the raised surface detail are also in place.

1623730857139.png

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Vidar 710

The Superstructure is pretty much finished except for the two fins, and the impulse engine exhaust ports.

Here, I used Tamiya's 1mm x 1mm grid tape to fasion the raised and recessed details around the Impulse Crystal assembly.
1624080842913.png

A paper template is used to make the raised plating under the bridge and the spine that extends aft behine it in 2.5mm thick sheet styrene.
1624080939010.png

Cutting way the styrene from the part.
1624080981294.png

All the raised plating details in place on the Superstructure's Buck.
1624081059383.png

More to come, maybe on the Warp Nacelle pylons finally.

Tracy

Jamesfett

Sr Member
If I've said it before, I will say it again: At what point does it stop being the Lunar kit? Has all of it been redone at this point?

I loved my Lunar Excelsior until now. Now it just looks wrong.

Cough,...kit, cough,...kit!!!!!!!!!!!!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

I think such a talented individual must share his talent with the world, and make a bunch of money in the process.(y)(y)(y)(y):love::love::love::p:p:p

No moderators we are not discussing run. Just me dreams.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.