Cobra Predator - Custom P2 Closed Mouth - 10/06/2012 Final Decent Camera, Decent Pictures

You have awesome skills... just raw, badass, awesome!

Thanks man, but I wouldn't say they were awesome.

i love the design of that head, i hope everything goes well, i wana see how it looks when you finish it

Thanks fella, still working on the final design. I drew a quick draft before I started this sculpt, but it now looks nothing like the original concept. Have add things in places and removed lol

Pretty freakin gnarly dude. I was waiting patiently for those textures to star making there way in and you didn't disappoint. Can't wait to see more.

Patients is a virtue :cool:

Thanks buddy, hoping to get a lil more work done today and then get somewhere near finishing it lol will add some updates when I get more done

Thanks for the SUUUUUUUUUPER! feedback guys

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1327506576' post='332010']
Looking great dude. Love all the little bits and details that are starting to show.
[/quote]

Thanks bud, did a lil more work on it today. Will get this updated by the morning.

looks awesome

Thanks,

As promised I have a lil update. Cracked on with alot of detailing today. I widened the neck area and have also added in some scars/wrinkles to give it more of a skin texture. The horns on the top of the head have also been detailed and cracked on with the lower mandibles. Started to smooth over the bak area and top row of dreads, still deciding on what details to add to them.

Heres some pictures

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:952]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:953]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:956]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:957]

Some angled shots

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:954]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:955]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:958]

Hopefully will get a lil more time soon, I want to crack on with this - sculpting is fun and very rewarding :D

Let me know what you guys think

Update Time!!!!!

Have been busy working on other bits and bobs since last update i.e. The Cobra V Bio sculpt and my spring loaded gauntlet blades etc so haven't had the chance (errrrrm..... forgot???! o_O ) to carry on with the few bits of smoothing and detailing that this has left.

Anyhoooo.... after putting it off for weeks, I have final smoothed over the back of the head around the dread holes (still gotta do the inside of the dread holes) and started adding in the skin texture details. Also added in the details on the sheath area of the top row of dreads around the head. I kinda wanted to give the impression of hard/rough/armoured skin so will be adding in a few lumps an bumps next time to give a more organic look and feel.

Ok, I'll zip it and here so pictures

DSCF1192.jpg
DSCF1191.jpg
DSCF1190.jpg
DSCF1189.jpg
Nearly at the the end with this now, well for the sculpt anyway. Couple more details to add/complete and tidy up work. Next step is moulding ...... o_O

Thanks for looking guys

This is awesome! I feel bad that I've only now stumbled across it, but I'm glad I did. I really like the twist on the P2 design. Using the glass eyes looks cool, too - and it really gives the sculpt an "alive" feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome! I feel bad that I've only now stumbled across it, but I'm glad I did. I really like the twist on the P2 design. Using the glass eyes looks cool, too - and it really gives the sculpt an "alive" feeling.

Thanks man, don't feel bad just glad that you found it and posted lol

I like the layered look of the crown ridges. Looks great J!

Thanks J, still gotta add some more detailing into the upper layer on the top row dreads to make it look rough / aged.

Yeah, I agree with the layers of the crown. Makes it look pretty sharp. Keep it up. (y)

Thanks bud, still got a lil way to go but can final see the light at the end of the sculpting tunnel then on to the molding tunnel so to speak lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i really have no excuse for TOTALLY missing this thread till now but H@!^$#!T dude that's AWESOME!! love the technique and the overall approach, the design of the ridges and facial structure are very unique but still very "pred-ish" nice job buddy :D

of course you know you must make an awesome bio to go with it ;) (sorry if you already mentioned doing so, just kinda caught up in the pics)

i really have no excuse for TOTALLY missing this thread till now but H@!^$#!T dude that's AWESOME!! love the technique and the overall approach, the design of the ridges and facial structure are very unique but still very "pred-ish" nice job buddy :D

of course you know you must make an awesome bio to go with it ;) (sorry if you already mentioned doing so, just kinda caught up in the pics)

Wow thanks for the fantastic feedback man.

As for the bio, I already have that in tow. Still under construction and in need of serious work but its only in the early days though you can get a basic idea from it http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/27410-cobra-v-bio-version-10-from-design-to-clay-update-08022012/page__pid__332433

The nearly complete update!!!!

OK, at the stage where this is 99% complete sculpting wise and you just have to stop yourself before you go and over do it / over complicate things lol So on that, I wanted to try and make the upper layer on the dreads look more hard skin, rough etc so i incorporated a method that Gene taught me to use for 'roughing up and damaging' a bio. I used the bottom of various sized paint brushes and hammered it in random places. Then went over again with a different size and so on building up layers. I then took a piece of wire and 'wiped' it (surprisingly enough) over the area which gave it a pretty awesome effect.

DSCF1195.jpg
DSCF1194.jpg
I then went on and smoothed over in the inside of the dread holes and finished off the detailing on the rest of the back of the head.

DSCF1197.jpg
I then decided to give him some inside teeth, I was thinking of making one to cracked or broken but wasn't sure so left them whole.

DSCF1196.jpg
Here are some angled shots

DSCF1198.jpg
DSCF1199.jpg
Still gotta do the final smooth overs and tidy up but almost there.

Thanks for looking guys and gals and thanks for the great feedback thus far....

Been a month since your last update Jason. Anyone would think you were revamping armour, making a bio, sculpting feet and had a life? Lol.
We need to see the finished pull.
Can't hold my breath much longer. T

Lol yes indeed, but life has got in the way and caused money to get tied up.... I have had it all in one month I can tell you. Haven't had much time to make this 100% complete though I have added quill holes and started sculpting a new set of teeth lol I have the moulding materials but then I have had issues ever since ..... long story and won't go there with it lol. I am hoping to have the rest of the moulding bits by mid - april, fingers crossed, providing that nothing else goes wrong....

Thanks for waiting guys (*cough* Tony *cough* lol) but I am gonna have to make you wait a lil longer lol

I'm loving the sculpt along with those glass eyes this is going to be sweet once painted as well I'm sure you shoudl get those eyes as contact lenses from 9mmsfx.com they have them. (y)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back