Cobra Predator - Custom P2 Closed Mouth - 10/06/2012 Final Decent Camera, Decent Pictures

Update time, but just a small one for now.

Received my eyes in the post today, so I through them into the sculpt so now I can really 'see' what I am doing and where the sculpt is going ;) For now though, I have only added major details to the left eye. Will work on the right side, hopefully tonight.

I took Lee's advice one the eyebrow and teeth spacing and applied it to the sculpt - still not keen on the brow line but its ok for a base for now lol the teeth spacing I am happy with.

DSCF1025.jpg
DSCF1028.jpg
DSCF1026.jpg
DSCF1030.jpg
Hopefully, I can get some more done later on tonight. Looking to get the right eye finished(ish) and shape the back and side of the head under the dreads. If I have time, I will also try and start on the mandibles :)

Thanks for looking guys

I think the brow looks alot better, it needs some shaping done, but the angle looks better, just remember its very rough at the moment, and when you shape it and make it more organic it will look better, and not so sharp.

baby steps dude, but its coming along real well.

That IS shaping up quite nicely man......are you going to sculpt in some eye lids or leave the eyes round?

I think the brow looks alot better, it needs some shaping done, but the angle looks better, just remember its very rough at the moment, and when you shape it and make it more organic it will look better, and not so sharp.

baby steps dude, but its coming along real well.

Thanks for the feedback man, will be working on the eyebrows a lil more later I hope.

That IS shaping up quite nicely man......are you going to sculpt in some eye lids or leave the eyes round?

Thanks man. I was thinking of sculpting some in, but wasn't sure of the best method to do it.

Thanks for the fantastic feedback guys.

Just a quick update,

Finished the detail work around the eyes, added in some eye lids and assorted details (wrinkles etc) and also started shaping the eyebrows to make them look more organic. Also, started on the mandible placement and threw in some teeth for the hell of it . I decided to go with a closed mouth. That way (hopefully) 99.9% of bios will fit easily atleast thats the plan.

Had an extra half hour earlier so start on the dread holes.

DSCF1039.jpg
DSCF1036.jpg
DSCF1035.jpg
Will try and get the mandibles 'thickened' out a lil more and the rest of the lower face complete in the next couple of days before continuing with the dread holes. Got my dreads on order so I want to wait and see there diameter before I continue with the rest of the holes.

Thanks for looking guys

Looking good, I like the crest especially. He's a scary bugger though!

One thing, from the side view it seems as if his mandibles are a bit anorexic, I thought they were meant to be thicker and wider? Not sure if that's just the angle or my eyesight. Either way, me gusta. Lady approves and kind of wishes she knew the first thing about sculpting.

Looking good, I like the crest especially. He's a scary bugger though!

One thing, from the side view it seems as if his mandibles are a bit anorexic, I thought they were meant to be thicker and wider? Not sure if that's just the angle or my eyesight. Either way, me gusta. Lady approves and kind of wishes she knew the first thing about sculpting.

Thanks for the feedback ma' Lady

Yeah, the mandibles are a lil anorexic at the mo, they were just mapped out for now so I know where they are. Will be working on 'thickening' and 'widening' them up in the next couple of days.

Edit: Open question - I was thinking of adding a scar/scratch line(s) down and over the left eye to give it a more unique and 'rugged' look - what do you guys think????

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome at first I thought the forhead was a little too high but then you added more detail and it started to look reallygood.

He's looking fierce buddy. I'm digging the crest, he's a horny *******.
I'm excited to see the top of the head once you've got some more textures added. But good on you for not jumping the gun. I'm just impatient.
I agree the mandibles could be bulked out a bit, but you already know that. The forms are off to a good start though. Keep on keepin on.

Where did you find the eyes you're using?

I noticed that there is a bio mask in the background of every picture and I was wondering, are you going to make a custom bio mask to go with it.

Damn fine work so far man. Keep it up!

Your question: I would wait till I finished all of the detailing before I would make a decision on a scar or no. + he already looks pretty tough.

Coming on strong buddy. My 2p worth, scar for def. just the 1or maybe the Freddie Kruger victim look? Had had a similar idea for my bio. Great minds, eh?
Tony

Still thinking of what texture am going to use for the crest so will have to make you wait a lil longer :p

I bought the eyes from ebay for about £12 I think, I just searched for glass eyes or something along those lines but there are tons on there to choose from.

Thanks for the feedback man.

[quote name='Bo'Skarr' timestamp='1325913462' post='329669']
I noticed that there is a bio mask in the background of every picture and I was wondering, are you going to make a custom bio mask to go with it.

Yeah, there are a couple in the background lol they are my inspiration and measuring tools :) I was thinking of doing a custom bio along the same lines as my pred head sculpt - http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/26753-cobra-bio-design-see-page-2-more-images-added-for-v2-17112011/

ps. some of the images are missing, not sure why that is but I am working on getting them restored.

[quote name='quakevirus' timestamp='1325917316' post='329679']
Damn fine work so far man. Keep it up!

Your question: I would wait till I finished all of the detailing before I would make a decision on a scar or no. + he already looks pretty tough.
[/quote]

Thanks man, I was thinking of doing it after all other detail work was done otherwise I would have to work around the 'scar/damage' but as you say, once all details are done he may or may not need it :)

[quote name='the eldest' timestamp='1325927115' post='329682']
Coming on strong buddy. My 2p worth, scar for def. just the 1or maybe the Freddie Kruger victim look? Had had a similar idea for my bio. Great minds, eh?
Tony
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Tony,

I was thinking one long one, angled down through the middle of the eye from the brow line to top mandible and the maybe a second, smaller one next to it or on both sides but at different heights. But I fear that this may be going to far ......

Nothing wrong with being unique, man. Movie accurate is one thing, and power to the guys that go that route, but at the end of the day it's what makes you happy.
But, I think polka dot paint up would be a step to fat. Lol

I have to say I'm in agreement with quakevirus. Put in all the detailing and see what you think. If you whacked a scar on him, you might want to consider if that has any impact on his bio (if you are going custom). But as with all things custom, it's your vision and run with what you think is best. If you are happy that's the end result.

looks great ;) i've decided to make the whole mask as well now, instead of just half of it, it will look better, + it will be much easier to attach the dreads!
keep the pictures coming!

Thanks for all your feedback guys. Decided not to add the scar in until after the detail work has been added. Not only will I not have to do the detail work around it, I will then also be able to see if it needs to be added at all.

Small update for now,

I did a lil more work on the mandibles and got the left side practically done but needs a little more adjusting but the majority of it has been complete. I have also noticed that the top dread holes on the side of the head (pictured) are too low so they will be raised up closer to the horns so there is only about a thumbs width the whole way around. This will also bring it more level with the eye line and hopefully look better with a bio on.

Unfortunetly, only had enough time for the left side so the right side only got a new basic outline which is larger and more shaped than before.

DSCF1042.jpg
DSCF1041.jpg
Hope to get more in the next day or so,

Thanks for looking guys

Ok, so after a sizing up and various conversations with a few members on the lair, I decided to completely re-sculpt and reposition everything on and around the forehead area. I have brought the horns in towards the centre of the forehead to make the crest into a more 'oval' shape. I also pulled the top row of dreads up and started to shape them/ build them up. Also increased on the brow line but more detailing will need to be add for you to see it better but the basic idea is there.

Not pictured, but I have also started to round off and even up the back of the head area but that is in the early days. Anyhooo.... onto the pictures

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1047.jpg

I have noticed that the dread holes around the size are too low in places and not evenly spaced but they were just add for quickness as a reference/ marker for me. Still got a long way to go but I'm learning from my mistakes and advice given to me by the master sculpters on the lair. Thanks very much guys.

Edit: Forgot to add, received my dreads from Bambooie today.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back