Cobra Predator - Custom P2 Closed Mouth - 10/06/2012 Final Decent Camera, Decent Pictures

I'm really liking this custom job. The crest looks amazing! One thing though. Maybe it's me or how the armature is, but it looks like your pred is tilting his head up quite a bit. If this is going to be cast as a mask, it might be a problem when you wear it. Might be me, though...

I'm really liking this custom job. The crest looks amazing! One thing though. Maybe it's me or how the armature is, but it looks like your pred is tilting his head up quite a bit. If this is going to be cast as a mask, it might be a problem when you wear it. Might be me, though...

Thanks man. Nah, the sculpt is not tilting its just the camera angle (I thought that myself once after taking the pictures but check the sculpt and everything was A-OK lol Thanks for your heads up and feedback man.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1326411239' post='330206']
Looking better with every update!
[/quote]

Thanks Tom, its slowly getting there.

Thanks for the great feedback guys.

It's time for an update :)

I got a couple of hours on this today and cracked on with building up on the other side (right side of the sculpt) to even it up. Also re-sculpted the center line of the crest as it seemed to go up and the off center. The details around the mandibles where also added. To finish off, I also finished off the top row of dread hole and then added in ALL the other dread holes around the head. Anyway, here's some pictures....

DSCF1070.jpg
DSCF1072.jpg
DSCF1074.jpg
DSCF1075.jpg
With mandible teeth and lower mandibles add

DSCF1076.jpg
DSCF1078.jpg
DSCF1081.jpg
DSCF1084.jpg
DSCF1083.jpg
Last picture..... the mug shot

DSCF1085.jpg
A few more pieces to add in and then it on to the detailing.

Thanks for looking guys

Looks fantastic bud! Only thing I can see some of the dread sockets are un even.. Other than that..Can't wait for the detailing!

Blue dots VS red dots

Capturedred.jpg

The red ones look abit high. maybe?

Thanks Jon,

For now the dread holes were only placed to see how many there will be. Am going back in on them and evening them up more when I next get time lol thanks for the diagram that will be a great help (y)

Thanks Jon,

For now the dread holes were only placed to see how many there will be. Am going back in on them and evening them up more when I next get time lol thanks for the diagram that will be a great help (y)

Not a prob man! Just lookin out for ya. :) I'd hate for you to overlook it. Glad to see your on top of it bud! (y) No prob on the diagram. It was a quick 3 minute setup.

Update time!!!! yay!

Ok, so took Quakevirus' advice and diagram (thanks again) and evened up the rear dread lock holes so they are now even. I have now added in the skin texture to the crest area of the forehead and started giving the sculpt it own 'pop' so to speak, taking it away from the 'P2' look and towards the custom feel I am going for lol Still needs a lil more smoothing over in places and as always the detailing work is still yet to come. Anyway, I 'll shut up now and get to the pics....

Ah, almost forgot, the pictures below have been posted as development pics (got more done than what I thought I would between updates lol) and sorry for the big size and vast amount lol OK i think I'm done .....

Skin texture

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1095.jpg

Extra work on the top row dread thins.....

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

Finally, this was more accident as we had a power cut while I was taking pictures, which then made me think about taking pictures in different lights and light angles...... (sorry for the bad pic quality done on camera with out flash.

DSCF1115.jpg

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1114.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

And finally....

DSCF1111.jpg

Thanks for looking guys and gals

At first i didnt think that cobra eyes would work with a predator, as i was gunna use my cobra eye contacts under my own mask but DUDE!! you've made me think otherwise!! nice concept and sculpt man!

At first i didnt think that cobra eyes would work with a predator, as i was gunna use my cobra eye contacts under my own mask but DUDE!! you've made me think otherwise!! nice concept and sculpt man!

Thanks, the cobra eyes are great to work with. They give the extra added feel of evil, in my opinion. I was thinking of using the same design as contacts for my predator. Great minds.

Nice,
very interesting :D

greetings Michael

Thanks for the feedback fella.

DOOOOOOOOD.......thats come on in leaps and fekin bounds man.....great job so far.
For your first head this is really impressive stuff......bet your feeling well proud.
Did you have any previous experience sculpting at all?

DOOOOOOOOD.......thats come on in leaps and fekin bounds man.....great job so far.
For your first head this is really impressive stuff......bet your feeling well proud.
Did you have any previous experience sculpting at all?

Thanks man really appreciate it.

Nah, never really trying to sculpt anything but when I was in school, if there was a ball of bluetak on the desk you can just about guarantee that I would start moulding it into something like a face, hand etc what ever I fancied at the time lol I took Art at GCSE and got high grades from it but sculpting never really played a BIG part in it lol

Thanks again for the great feedback bud

Pretty freakin gnarly dude. I was waiting patiently for those textures to star making there way in and you didn't disappoint. Can't wait to see more.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back