Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

I had the total opposite reaction tonight..

I was left disappointed with the finale, but really enjoyed the season over all

Liked it, although somehow it wasn't sinking with me in that Crosshair wasn't going to be getting on the ship. I thought they'd come to a sort of truce of expediency. But the line of "before the scout ships get here" I guess indicates Crosshair expected to be picked up.

Also, they get in the tube, and all of a sudden it's like they have all the time in the world. I've seen reluctant lazy toddlers walk faster than them! :lol:

I don’t know what’s wrong with me? All the YouTubers I follow loved it, I’m going to re watch it tonight

I feel so strange lol

I don’t know what’s wrong with me? All the YouTubers I follow loved it, I’m going to re watch it tonight

I feel so strange lol

Maybe you are the type who feels that a season finale needs to have a big twist, revelation, and/or cliff hanger.

For me, I am happy with the story moving forward. We know that the Empire is no longer interested in Clone Troopers for their forces but they do still have an interest in cloning. They seem to want to deal with their new cloning interest in-house rather than as an external business arrangement. So now this show may not just be a bridge between Revenge of the Sith and the OT (along with Rogue One and Rebels) but it may also have ties to the sequels and how the Emperor came back and the origins of Snoke. We may also see early versions of Doctor Persing and why he is fascinated with Grogu.

So I continue to look forward to more episodes for many reasons.

Maybe you are the type who feels that a season finale needs to have a big twist, revelation, and/or cliff hanger.

For me, I am happy with the story moving forward. We know that the Empire is no longer interested in Clone Troopers for their forces but they do still have an interest in cloning. They seem to want to deal with their new cloning interest in-house rather than as an external business arrangement. So now this show may not just be a bridge between Revenge of the Sith and the OT (along with Rogue One and Rebels) but it may also have ties to the sequels and how the Emperor came back and the origins of Snoke. We may also see early versions of Doctor Persing and why he is fascinated with Grogu.

So I continue to look forward to more episodes for many reasons.
Honestly my favorite part and the only reason I’d watch it again is for when the imperial woman with the clone badge introduces herself to Nala Se.. that line gave me goose bumps

Laugh out loud with the whole Jack from
Titanic scene.. lol

Anybody else hoping for a family reunion in S2?
FT3Rimb.jpg

Ah, from the red vambraces I see that's ROTJ Boba, aka nu-canon Spar analogue, aka Tem's character in The Mandalorian. The insane clone who thinks he's Jango's actual son and found work with Jabba. Alas, not the actual Boba Fett who we saw in Empire. ;) That's my story and I'm sticking with it. I refuse to believe the real Boba would be as inept as the guy we saw facing off against Luke and Han over the Pit of Carkoon. Especially not after what we saw in the previous episode. :cool:

I just caught up with this show and holy crap did they really just

bring Weyland and Mount Tantiss back into canon?!?!

I just caught up with this show and holy crap did they really just

bring Weyland and Mount Tantiss back into canon?!?!
If the captions on the Concept art on the latest Behind the Scenes stuff on StarWars.Com is to be taken as "Canon," then, yes.

Is it weird that I'm enjoying some of the technical improvements in the animation and direction more than the show itself? I seem to be noticing more use of rack focus/depth of field, prop lights (torches, lamps, other sources) to illuminate dark scenes (rather than things just being 'lit' somehow) compared to previous series.

I guess the characters and story are not engaging me (yet). I'm anticipating there will be some real stakes beyond "some clone rejects making their way in the universe", but it feels like they only put the faintest footprint for those down in S1.

Is it weird that I'm enjoying some of the technical improvements in the animation and direction more than the show itself? I seem to be noticing more use of rack focus/depth of field, prop lights (torches, lamps, other sources) to illuminate dark scenes (rather than things just being 'lit' somehow) compared to previous series.

I guess the characters and story are not engaging me (yet). I'm anticipating there will be some real stakes beyond "some clone rejects making their way in the universe", but it feels like they only put the faintest footprint for those down in S1.
I enjoyed it and we watched it weekly.
I really like this show and Rebels and how they fill in gaps between the PT and OT.
The clone to stormtrooper arc is really interesting to me.
My youngest came to me once and asked if were going to watch "jobs for lizard lady" tonight.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back