Tech Bad Batch Cosplay and Reference Images (Season 1 + 2)

NuggetMeister48

Hey,
I'm new to the RPF and this is my first post.
Since his first appearance in TCW s7, I was a big fan of Tech. I plan on making a Tech cosplay for an upcoming con (and future ones) and am putting together images and 3d models for it so i figured I'd share the process. I haven't yet decided whether I'm going to do the season 1 or season 2 look.
e71ae76e6d595d98d6498662da56311d.jpg

View attachment 1785632
Both versions have their own challenges, the season 1 has decals for the skulls on the helmet and armor pieces but the season 2 look has a unique 'flak jacket' which could be difficult to make.
54e968182f5a42d966d97c1027c1e1b7.jpg

As of now, I plan on using the Galactic Armory 3d models for his armor, found here:
Bad Batch Tech Armor - 3D Print Files – Galactic Armory
But, the glasses/goggles included, are not accurate to their appearance in the show
tech helmet.png

tech goggles.png

They have a longer flashlight mounted on the side (I plan on including a red led so I may need more space to fit a battery) and in the show have a band that goes around the head instead of the arms that Galactic Armory's models have. the model is most likely this way to make it easier to remove them and the helmet but for accuracy, I will be using LilSinKillerO's model from thingiverse along with some elastic:
Tech Goggles - Bad Batch by LilSinKillerO - Thingiverse
I will continue to post more on this thread as I plan and make this cosplay.

For the dual DC-17's that he has, I'll be using the Galactic Armory models. I was thinking of a way to store both of the blaster pistols, in some scenes in season 1 he has a holster on his left side (it's permanent in season 2) so I'll be adding it to my cosplay.
tech holster.png

But for the other one i was thinking of a way to maybe store it in the backpack or something but then I noticed that i season 2 episode 4, Tech has a DC-17 mounted/floating on the back of his belt but this is probably the one that's normally on his left as it's missing from the holster. I just thought that this would be an interesting way to store dual DC-17's, I might also just make one DC-17.
tech dc17.png

Also, if I have the time, I would like to make Tech's datapad. An interesting build i found for it is by the.rebel.agent here on the RPF:
The Bad Batch Tech's Datapad Functional Replica | RPF Costume and Prop Maker Community
52021940189_a9d31a5002_o.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back