The Bad Batch animation props

AxeKando

Most people do props from the Star Wars movies because they are made from found parts. There’s a thrill and enjoyment in figuring out what was used to make these props. In the animated series, the props are just designed from scratch, but they do it in a way that stays true to the Star Wars universe. I like identifying unique props in the animation shows, that look like they could be in live action. I then try to 3D model them as accurately as possible. Here are two examples:

1. First example is the Imperial Chain Code cards from Season 1, that the empire requires for traveling. It was pretty simple once I could get some decent screen shots.

IMG_3206.jpeg

I used Fusion 360 to do the modeling. I modeled it thinking in the different ways people may want to print them. Both with a resin printer and with a filament printer, with little to no supports.

Image 5-27-23 at 18.24.jpeg

I only have access to a filament printer, and didn’t really bother to do much sanding. Just painted and weathered. Here is the STL file if you wish to make one: Imperial Chain Code Card

IMG_3211.jpeg

IMG_3209.jpeg

2. The next one I attempted was the Imperial land mines from Season 2, Episode 12.

IMG_2831.jpeg

IMG_2830.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg

I modeled these in two parts so as to avoid supports as much as possible. Also because it can give the person making these the option of adding a spring and sound option if they want.

Image 3-30-23 at 13.34.jpeg

I really love how this came out. Here is the STL file: Imperial Land Mine

IMG_2986.jpeg

I was so happy with the final result I even made a blueprint to go with it. :D I also plan to make a transport case for it too.

IMG_9422.jpeg

If anyone decides to make any of these, please share them on here.

Last edited:
REALLY nice work, thank you for sharing! The other items in your Thingiverse profile are also really well done.

Will post pics when I print. Thanks again!

Nice work! I appreciate this. I'm currently working on a replica of the Thermal Detonator liquor bottle from Cid's parlor. Will post pics & the process when completed.

TD1.jpg
TD2.jpg

REALLY nice work, thank you for sharing! The other items in your Thingiverse profile are also really well done.

Will post pics when I print. Thanks again!
Thanks so much. I love making these. Definitely share your prints when you do one. Especially if you then paint and weather it. :)

That’s why I started making them. You don’t see many of the animation props being made.

Wholeheartedly agree. I just started a another thread to see what animation-inspired props other folks have. I figure there's more room for interpretation in some of these!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back