Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

I'm not too hot on it. It feels gimmicky, like they were told to put in a unique non-firearm looking weapon for the kid to package into a toy. I'd really have just preferred she used a blaster like the rest of the Batch, but Disney is probably adamant about kids not being shown using firearms.
Except for that part in the first episode (i think it was the first) where she picked up a gun an shot a guy.

I found it so cool that Omega was a near unaltered clone of Jango. She's basically Boba's sister at this point. Additionally, it was so cool seeing what looks to be the Kaminoans original facility. It looks like those vatted beings were in fact Kaminoans themselves! I'm curious what this means. I really hope we eventually get a clone uprising on Kamino like in legends.

love to know how you blurred out that spoiler... im gonna try like hell to do that on mine

I am curious if the emperor steals their technology and still cant get it right.. I also feel the same as you where it looked like a Kamino body that fell on her

snoke is wicked tall, i bet the amp's engineers just cant dial it in right..

also think Emp either blows up their planet. or does what he did to the bugs and gets rid of all the kaminoans, with the success of omega, sounds like to me they are now trying to clone a jedi army..

I’m still hoping Filoni brings an adapted Starkiller (Galen Marek) into one of these properties, a cloned Force user would be the perfect way to do so.

Halliwax, it's in the dropdown menu to the right of the text font and color buttons along the top of the response window. The three dots. Not the ones all the way to the right. There's a little domino mask icon for "inline spoiler". Or, if you, like I, prefer typing the BBcode on the fly, it's "ispoiler" in the [ ] brackets. :)

Even if it's a spoiler, let me just say YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this story has been in the making since both previous shows.

Anyone else getting bored with the overuse of "small world syndrome" to milk nostalgia? It's a staple of Star Wars, but Bad Batch seems to be overdoing it instead of letting the show find its own footing.
That’s exactly it!

Rebels has not been gone long enough to get nostalgic over!

The only exception was that I was really hoping it would have been Ezra that came for Grogu instead of Luke.

Last edited:
  1. Young Caleb Dume
  2. Farmer deserter
  3. Saul Gerrerra
  4. Fennec Shand
  5. Jabba's rancor
  6. The two sisters Ahsoka befriended in the tacked-on Clone Wars season
  7. Rex on the Bracca shipbreaking yard (from the Fallen Order video game)
  8. Cad Bane
  9. Fennec again
  10. <for once, something somewhat fresh>
  11. And now, the current episode that would require spoilers,

Well, this story has been in the making since both previous shows.

Anyone else getting bored with the overuse of "small world syndrome" to milk nostalgia? It's a staple of Star Wars, but Bad Batch seems to be overdoing it instead of letting the show find its own footing.
I know what you're saying, but the first 20 minutes of STAR WARS was nothing but 'small world syndrome', & it was done without trying to establish nostalgia.

I mean you have Vader attacking a ship containing his daughter that he didn't know he had, the droid he built, which is now with the droid his wife gave him, that he fought an entire war with, over the planet he grew up on, where his former best friend & master is in hiding, & it happens directly over the farm of his stepbrother's moisture farm, where his son that he didn't know he had has been placed in hiding.

It's not 'small world syndrome', it's just the will of the Force.

Lol

Connectivity has its merits but so do degrees of separation. Telling stories in exactly the same way with the same characters constantly popping up makes them predictable and boring. There's limited excitement in that. I loved the OT but I don't want to rehash it every time I read a SW novel, watch a show or a film. The same goes with characters.

... which doesn't mean it has to be done every single time.
Connectivity has its merits but so do degrees of separation. Telling stories in exactly the same way with the same characters constantly popping up makes them predictable and boring. There's limited excitement in that. I loved the OT but I don't want to rehash it every time I read a SW novel, watch a show or a film. The same goes with characters.
Hey... I'm right there with ya.

Don't tell me, tell the Force.

I know what you're saying, but the first 20 minutes of STAR WARS was nothing but 'small world syndrome', & it was done without trying to establish nostalgia.

I mean you have Vader attacking a ship containing his daughter that he didn't know he had, the droid he built, which is now with the droid his wife gave him, that he fought an entire war with, over the planet he grew up on, where his former best friend & master is in hiding, & it happens directly over the farm of his stepbrother's moisture farm, where his son that he didn't know he had has been placed in hiding.
Well, most of those things were retconned in 6-22 years later...

Well, most of those things were retconned in 6-22 years later...
That's right, but if we're looking at it the way a lot on here seem to, the 'It's only canon if it happened on-screen in a movie' attitude, then that's what we were presented with, & without the benefit/curse of BTS knowledge, that was the story all along.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back