Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

I don't like the look of the newer animation styles from rebels and resistance.

I would love to see them go with something akin to the Vader and storm troopers we see at the end of clone wars.

I'm glad the show will be set following the clone wars.

I would really doubt video game.. Doesn't EA still have full rights to star wars games? This is not the sort of subject matter they can make a game about it all. And the TV show would also be additional content for Disney+, which I assumed Disney would be way More interested in generating, rather than some long development half-ass game

If they do this, it opens up many possibilities for more side stories

Fett
Anakin
Obi wan
The kyber crystal episode

I’ll watch because it’s SW but I’m not overly excited. Clone trooper episodes and Clone trooper story arcs are my least favorite stuff from the Clone Wars show. I want all Jedi, all the time, also with some Clone troopers but not without Jedi. Obi/Anakin/Dooku/Grevious/Maul/Ventress are the reason I watched Clone Wars, I suffered through the Clone trooper heavy episodes.

I’ll watch because it’s SW but I’m not overly excited. Clone trooper episodes and Clone trooper story arcs are my least favorite stuff from the Clone Wars show. I want all Jedi, all the time, also with some Clone troopers but not without Jedi. Obi/Anakin/Dooku/Grevious/Maul/Ventress are the reason I watched Clone Wars, I suffered through the Clone trooper heavy episodes.

See, I’m the opposite. After the Prequels and Clone Wars, I was ready for a break from Jedi. I thought I would have that in Rebels but they managed to throw some in their too. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed those shows and movies. After all, we knew very little about the Jedi from the original trilog so I welcomed the Jedi focused prequel era. I just think there are other aspects of Star Wars to enjoy that don’t have to deal with Jedi.

With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t see Jedi involved one way or the other. Still some Jedi left at that time and they might even have Ahsoka pop in to tell some of her story for this time period.

Man, for my money the clone-oriented episodes were some of the most heartrending.

I don't understand how someone can't be moved by poor, defective 99's loving sacrifice of himself to save his able-bodied brothers when the Separatists invaded Kamino. Or by Waxer and Boil's forming a connection with a half-starved Twi'lek girl who helped them navigate war-torn Ryloth. A connection that is continued into Rebels as Numa becomes a freedom fighter in her own right and honors her "brothers" by having their names on her armor pauldron.

There's a metric ******* of good stuff in those clone-heavy episodes from a character standpoint.

There are some stinkers, sure... but I'll take a good clone-heavy episode over whatever that was with the Father, Sister and Brother avatars of the Force, for example.

Man, for my money the clone-oriented episodes were some of the most heartrending.

I don't understand how someone can't be moved by poor, defective 99's loving sacrifice of himself to save his able-bodied brothers when the Separatists invaded Kamino. Or by Waxer and Boil's forming a connection with a half-starved Twi'lek girl who helped them navigate war-torn Ryloth. A connection that is continued into Rebels as Numa becomes a freedom fighter in her own right and honors her "brothers" by having their names on her armor pauldron.

There's a metric ******* of good stuff in those clone-heavy episodes from a character standpoint.

There are some stinkers, sure... but I'll take a good clone-heavy episode over whatever that was with the Father, Sister and Brother avatars of the Force, for example.
Agreed, the Clone-centric episodes definitely tackled some of the most complex issues of the show. The Battle of Umbara arc, I still can't believe they got away with airing that stuff on Cartoon Network.

Agreed, the Clone-centric episodes definitely tackled some of the most complex issues of the show. The Battle of Umbara arc, I still can't believe they got away with airing that stuff on Cartoon Network.

Oh, my god! Just THINKING about that ******* Pong Krell makes my blood boil! I did a rewatch of the series recently and I just had to skip those episodes. I just couldn't watch him so cavalierly throw lives away...

I have to agree with you. If it wasn’t for the character development with rex, I didn’t care on watching any other clones or stories of it wasn’t based around him, and I think I only liked him because he was close with Anakin and Obiwan so we saw main characters most of the time along side him

With her popularity moving into the mainstream through The Mandalorian, and Katee seemingly being super into playing her, it would be dumb not to keep active in the shows.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back