Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

I think you are going to be alone on this one.

TCW was always established to be various stories of the Clone Wars. Over all, it all melded into one story... how we got from Ep 2 to Ep 3.

BB is going to be more like Rebels. It follows one group. These stories may seem disconnected right now but they are (IMHO) the base for the main story. They are setting up characters and information that will come into play later. For example, this recent story about the sisters was reminiscent to the second episode of Rebels in which they met R2-D2 and C-3PO. One the surface that episode might seem like it only served to bring in viewers for the cameo, but the episode was a major story point. Because the droids were able to gather information and knowledge of the Ghost crew, they were able to relay that information to Bail Organa which led to Fulcrum (Ahsoka) making contact with Hera, which ultimately led to The ghost group joining the larger rebellion and making a major impact in the Rebel Alliance.

In short, don't dismiss the importance of these early stories.

There are a number of articles about how they are not thew same, I cut out this little bit from one of those:

Well, this story seems aimless because, at this point, they are aimless. It's literally been about, what? 2? maybe 3 weeks since they lost the only world/life they ever knew? As well as one of their own? They knew what happened was wrong and they didn't want to be a part of it. How exactly should they be on a dedicated clear path at this point? They have to find a reliable place to live, a way to get food, money, fuel for the ship etc. People in their situation are going to have a lot to figure out.

I wonder if they'll get wise to how Cy is scamming them, what with charging them for the expenses incurred for going on HER missions, etc. It's like one of those work camps where they pay you 25 cents an hour but charge you $10/day for housing, keeping you stuck there forever.

I wonder if they'll get wise to how Cy is scamming them, what with charging them for the expenses incurred for going on HER missions, etc. It's like one of those work camps where they pay you 25 cents an hour but charge you $10/day for housing, keeping you stuck there forever.
Yup. Wrecker and Omega need to learn that you never EVER buy from the "company store"...

Well, this story seems aimless because, at this point, they are aimless. It's literally been about, what? 2? maybe 3 weeks since they lost the only world/life they ever knew? As well as one of their own? They knew what happened was wrong and they didn't want to be a part of it. How exactly should they be on a dedicated clear path at this point? They have to find a reliable place to live, a way to get food, money, fuel for the ship etc. People in their situation are going to have a lot to figure out.
You are confusing charters with plot. The characters are indeed trying to get their footing in this new Empire. But the stories themselves have a point taking them to a larger arc.

You are confusing charters with plot. The characters are indeed trying to get their footing in this new Empire. But the stories themselves have a point taking them to a larger arc.
Which we don't have yet, so what we seem is them trying to find their place which can lead people to think they don't have a plan.

I like it so far. I'm assuming they use this as the basis for giving us the creation of the rebellion.

I really like Omega's bow. That is a very cool design.
I'm not too hot on it. It feels gimmicky, like they were told to put in a unique non-firearm looking weapon for the kid to package into a toy. I'd really have just preferred she used a blaster like the rest of the Batch, but Disney is probably adamant about kids not being shown using firearms.

I really liked this episode! I didn’t watch on release day last week and ended up watching on Sunday or Monday so it made the wait that much shorter for this week. I dig seeing the scrappers guild at the ship breaking yards.

I liked how the new troopers seem to be given “ES” call signs instead of the “CT” that the clones were given during the war. I assume it stands for Enlisted Soldier

There was fun little easter egg in today's episode. Hunter's helmet HUD is exactly the same as the HUD used in Republic Commando.
maxresdefault.jpg

Cool to start talking about this?
I found it so cool that Omega was a near unaltered clone of Jango. She's basically Boba's sister at this point. Additionally, it was so cool seeing what looks to be the Kaminoans original facility. It looks like those vatted beings were in fact Kaminoans themselves! I'm curious what this means. I really hope we eventually get a clone uprising on Kamino like in legends.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back