Hi, I am looking to make this armor. What glue did you use to connect the parts?
What country are you based in depends on brand but it is Contact Cement(EvoStik in UK,Barge in USA.) And also use CA glue(superglue) don't recommend really cheap runny ones as it goes everywhere. Watch YouTube videos on making this armour, using this glue as it needs to be left to dry before sticking parts together. Good luck with your build

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_185225.jpg
    IMG_20230925_185225.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 151
Used this clone armor to recreate parts of the Gerneral Kenobi. They're in rough shape since I didnt have time to sand it before Halloween. Plan on wearing it to Megacon. Going to add the thigh pieces and bicepts, sand, and repaint.

Attachments

• PXL_20231101_144250104.jpg
    PXL_20231101_144250104.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20231101_144259893.jpg
    PXL_20231101_144259893.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20231101_144319200.jpg
    PXL_20231101_144319200.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20231101_144325883.jpg
    PXL_20231101_144325883.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 47
Just a quick question, what would you recommend scaling-wise for a 5'6" 110-lb guy?
I take it you have a printer? Each body/suit part really needs to be measured to the person. My Son is 6ft as I am but his was 90% but I am 120% in some areas. I cut my suit down for him as he wanted the armour I started.
1-Start with Biceps(easiest part by far) at 90%,cut the piece out and fit around your arm. If it is way too big for you measure your arm #with undersuit on# and put up against the printout for comparison and reduce by % until it is the correct size. This way only wastes some paper(which can turned over and printed on again)/ink and not both your paper/ink & expensive foam. This way builds the suit to you and do not require excessive padding,and will stop parts being too long and clashing(especially chest/arms and legs can do this)

Also, any recommendations on where to buy foam cheaply anyone?

I'm attempting to make Bacara

View attachment 1765210
Floor/gym mats are cheapest option but if you can buy cosplay foam(look for offers) as you can use either side without tread patterns off the mats;it comes in various thickness 5/8/10mm are the most used sizes. I buy from PolyProps. I used both types for my Son's Umbra ArcTrooper costume

Floor/gym mats are cheapest option but if you can buy cosplay foam(look for offers) as you can use either side without tread patterns off the mats;it comes in various thickness 5/8/10mm are the most used sizes. I buy from PolyProps. I used both types for my Son's Umbra ArcTrooper costume
yeah, I usually use gym mats, but I'm running on a tight budget, so I was looking for cheaper options.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

View attachment 1017443

Here's a video I made explaining each piece:

ALL ARMOR TEMPLATE LINKS:

REALISTIC STYLE CLONE:

Clone Trooper (Live Action) EVA Foam Armor Free Templates

ANIMATED STYLE CLONE:
Clone Trooper Foam Full Armor (With Free Files)

CLONE COMMANDO:
Clone Commando EVA Foam Armor FREE TEMPLATES

MANDALORIAN:
Mandalorian Armor Custom FREE FOAM FILES
I'm actually working on a cardboard made armor with your files, not the helmet, i already finished the arms and the legs, the arms are pretyy bad but the legs looks cool. I'll send shots if someone want them.

Is there any chance that somebody could send me screenshots of the files by chance? All the computers I have tried to open this file on have labeled it as a defective, unsupported, or malfunctioning file type, even when I try to change the file type itself. I’ve been dying to find a set of patterns for the CW series and your work looks absolutely incredible! I’m new to this page and foam crafting alike but am still an avid model builder and Star Wars enthusiast, if anyone could help me it would be immensely appreciated!

Thank you so much for making these files and having them available for free download. I have never made anything like this before but I used this template to make armour in 1 week in time for armageddon, a convention in NZ.
ccbd88594ae6457fe243a1620c8de4a9.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back