I am 6'3" and I figured out that I would need about a 105% scale up in order for it to fit me, but I quickly figured out that some of the templates go over the edge meaning that it would be more difficult to actually complete the build. I just was wanting some tips.

I am 6'3" and am wanting to make this in the next year or so. I figured out that I would need about a 105% scale in order for it to fit me. The problem comes when some of the templates go over the border meaning that I would probably need to hand draw some lines, which I don't really want to do. I came here looking for some tips or suggestions. Any ideas would be great!

I am 6'3" and I figured out that I would need about a 105% scale up in order for it to fit me, but I quickly figured out that some of the templates go over the edge meaning that it would be more difficult to actually complete the build. I just was wanting some tips.
Pull up files on PC.Enlarge to necessary(105%) in your case. Turn PDF file to the orientation that makes this easier,and trace in pencil part of the main part adding on the extra section(make intersecting mark to know where to place.then go over in black Sharpie. Tape to relevant piece,cut and transfer to foam as other joint pieces will be(i.e back plate)

Attachments

• 2023_05_10_17_58_35_752.jpg
    2023_05_10_17_58_35_752.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 86
Pull up files on PC.Enlarge to necessary(105%) in your case. Turn PDF file to the orientation that makes this easier,and trace in pencil part of the main part adding on the extra section(make intersecting mark to know where to place.then go over in black Sharpie. Tape to relevant piece,cut and transfer to foam as other joint pieces will be(i.e back plate)
sorry to bother, but what is PC.Enlarge.

another trick: Adobe reader allows to split a page to multiple real pages after rescale when you chose "poster" as the print option. that way you get the stuff printed but you need to tack the pages together manually

Do you harden the foam or do you just leave it
Once you have glued templates together fill,and sand seams/gluelunes etc. Then coat with PVA modpodge for solid non moving parts.and a flexible painting/spray sealant(plastidip for curved/bending areas. Or I now use hexflex for everything. It is almost good enough to leave as top coat,and you can also buy it transparent,and colour it to your own preference!hope that helps. P.S also lots of YT vids in priming/sealing

I'm 4'11, and I have an "average" body type. What scale factor would I use to downsize the templates?
Appreciate the help!
If you are not going to purchase/use armorsmith. I am 6ft and 100% was ok length but not circumference on many items. I used this to carry on building for my son who is 5'11 but had to redo everything at 90% and still too big. I suggest you print,trace off your PC monitor a section you want at say 70%;cut it out and place on appropriate area. If it fits use to template on foam(write % on paper template). If it doesn't fit lower/higher the percentage and check again-this way only paper template is waste. I would do this for every bit as the shorter you are it may only affect height of piece not the width-so there is no magic %-you can always cut and add sections with taped in pieces of paper before moving onto foam-hope this helps

Hey Ryzer117 I’m 13 and I have a real passion for costumes, however I’m not real tall is there any way you could tell me how I can scale it down and if you are comfortable can you tell me your height so I can know how to scale oh and also what type of foam are you using? I’m around 5,1Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

View attachment 1017443

Here's a video I made explaining each piece:
How do you do the inside bevel cut for the shin point?

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

View attachment 1017443

Here's a video I made explaining each piece:
Hey, I'm making an ARC trooper costume (phase 1.5), and you have everything except the fin and the shins, I was wondering if you have or know someone with a template for those?

awesome love it big fan of your work will make out f cardboard becaue i am almost out of foam and its easier to come by espicallyy when the nearest hobby lobby is an hour drive and you cant drive yet so.. sweet too since my parents wokr at the church they can bring home some pretty big boxes i also do cardboard because its fun seeing peoples faces when i tell them that its cardboard lol

awesome love it big fan of your work will make out f cardboard becaue i am almost out of foam and its easier to come by espicallyy when the nearest hobby lobby is an hour drive and you cant drive yet so.. sweet too since my parents wokr at the church they can bring home some pretty big boxes i also do cardboard because its fun seeing peoples faces when i tell them that its cardboard lol
Do you have a Harbor Freight store nearby? I buy my 8mm foam mats for $10 there

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back