*** Christmas Gift Swap UPDATE 12/21 List is CLOSED ***

Well I thought this was a good idea, but some folks did not send their gift out ;(

I have pm'd Pitbull ans Sporak to send me their address again so I can pick up the slack.

Those of you who did not send out a gift.......BAD FORM>

thomas;(

I haven't received anything yet either. I pm'd my swap partner to see if he sent anything when he said he was going to, and several days later, he has not answered my message.

I PM'd you Lois. I am going to handle all of you who did not get gifts. It was my idea, too bad some had to ruin it. Send me your address as I have deleted everything already.

thomas

Thomas,
It was a good idea and it IS a good idea.
It's not YOUR fault.

What we did on another board was to have a specific day that the items would be shipped on..I think we did it on Dec 15...and everyone who wanted to participate had a couple weeks to get it together or do their builds or whatever...

Also we were all mixed up so no one knew (except the host) who was sending to who..meaning we weren't paired up but rather drawn from a "hat".

There doesn't have to be an even number that way and if anyone wants to back out (prior to being assigned a member) they can and the rest can go on.

I agree with Sporak's suggestion of how to do this. However, it doesn't necessarily prevent people from receiving a gift and then backing out. The only way to really assure that is to have everyone send their gifts to the organizer, who would then distribute them to all who had contributed. And that seems like it would be more expense and trouble than it would be worth.

I have to admit I was very late with sending out my present, but I wanted to get something I kenw my trade partner would really like and it took a while to get that. But it has been sent out and my trade partner should have it by now

I have to admit I was very late with sending out my present, but I wanted to get something I kenw my trade partner would really like and it took a while to get that. But it has been sent out and my trade partner should have it by now

Meule, if you haven't already done so, make sure you pm your partner and let him know that. Mine posted that he was sending something the next day, but it never arrived. I pmed him to ask about it, and he hasn't even responded, although I've seen him logged on a few times. A pm in return would have gone a long way.

Meule, if you haven't already done so, make sure you pm your partner and let him know that. Mine posted that he was sending something the next day, but it never arrived. I pmed him to ask about it, and he hasn't even responded, although I've seen him logged on a few times. A pm in return would have gone a long way.

I agree with Sporak's suggestion of how to do this. However, it doesn't necessarily prevent people from receiving a gift and then backing out. The only way to really assure that is to have everyone send their gifts to the organizer, who would then distribute them to all who had contributed. And that seems like it would be more expense and trouble than it would be worth.

Oh, I kept him updated on a regular base and I just got an email that he has received my present. And from his reaction I don't think he minded having to wait a little longer

Today i got a package from my gift partner :)
It a two badges from Diskworld and one from district 9
dsc00865k.jpg

Im sorry that i doubted you.

Thanks

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back