Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I was wondering since we are all eyewear enthusiasts here. If anyone uses a ultra sonic cleaning machine to keep thier frames and lenses sparkling clean.
I been using cloths and lens cleaning spray, but that's a great idea man!
Prices for these cleaners seem totally reasonable, so I'm sold!
It makes perfect sense for caring for your collection.

has anyone with the pradas been able to get the logo off of the factory lens?
gotmeth366:
Got a bit bored and decided to get the red Prada logo off the VPS 53e left lens.
20190721_085612.jpg

I used Autoglym super resin polish that I had lying around.
I recommend removing the lens, so you don't get any polish on the matt frame.
There are 3 small screws that hold the "top bar rubber section" to the lower frame. It's much easier to remove the lens with this taken off. Be very careful to not mark the frame with the screwdriver as the top section looks like it is only "coated" in rubber.
If you didn't want to strip down the glasses, you could I suppose, use masking tape to protect the frame.
If you use the polish with a white cloth, you will see the red slowly coming off. It takes a little while, but it will all come off with approx. 10-15 mins. of rubbing.
Only thing is, there still is an ever so slight miniscule "clear shadow" of the logo, almost melted into the lens, which could possibly be from a heat stamping process when the logo is initially put on. It's really not noticeable at all though, so much so, I couldn't quite get a pic showing it!
20190721_102624.jpg
It will certainly suffice until I decide on changing the lenses.
It might seem a little bit daunting, but 15 mins. work and I got to wear them all day!!

Last edited:
gotmeth366:
Got a bit bored and decided to get the red Prada logo off the VPS 53e left lens.
View attachment 1040512
I used Autoglym super resin polish that I had lying around.
I recommend removing the lens, so you don't get any polish on the matt frame.
There are 3 small screws that hold the "top bar rubber section" to the lower frame. It's much easier to remove the lens with this taken off. Be very careful to not mark the frame with the screwdriver as the top section looks like it is only "coated" in rubber.
If you didn't want to strip down the glasses, you could I suppose, use masking tape to protect the frame.
If you use the polish with a white cloth, you will see the red slowly coming off. It takes a little while, but it will all come off with approx. 10-15 mins. of rubbing.
Only thing is, there still is an ever so slight miniscule "clear shadow" of the logo, almost melted into the lens, which could possibly be from a heat stamping process when the logo is initially put on. It's really not noticeable at all though, so much so, I couldn't quite get a pic showing it!
View attachment 1040513
It will certainly suffice until I decide on changing the lenses.
It might seem a little bit daunting, but 15 mins. work and I got to wear them all day!!

Are you considering grey transitions?

Thanks everyone for such a great thread.
I know I’m many movies behind, but can anyone point me in the right direction for a good replica of the Initium All-ins from the Senate hearing in IM2?
Not sure I’m ready to grab the real deal without finding out whether I look ridiculous in them.
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for such a great thread.
I know I’m many movies behind, but can anyone point me in the right direction for a good replica of the Initium All-ins from the Senate hearing in IM2?
Not sure I’m ready to grab the real deal without finding out whether I look ridiculous in them.
Thanks!
I don't think you'll find a good replica of those.

I paid $150 on eBay. They're actually pretty heavy. I really like them. They're clear. They look yellow when you put them on. But more or less, clear.

Thanks for the mini review!n
I really like the design. We're the ones you bought used? the retail for these was over 300$. They, like most on here, are so hard to find!

Thanks for the mini review!n
I really like the design. We're the ones you bought used? the retail for these was over 300$. They, like most on here, are so hard to find!
They might've been used. They were in really good condition. Tight hinges, not a scratch on the lenses. If I had to rate them, 9.5 /10

Soooo i noticed a lot of discussions about the spiderman ffh glasses and I still dont understand if you guys are talking about purchasing the real one from DITA or someone is doing replicas, i read about this Jason guy but i dont understand if he can make them for you or he just does the lenses. Can someone clarify this whole giant discussion pls? A little recap would be amazing. Im looking for a good replica of the dita flight 006 but i just find replicas that are too big. Thanksss :))

Soooo i noticed a lot of discussions about the spiderman ffh glasses and I still dont understand if you guys are talking about purchasing the real one from DITA or someone is doing replicas, i read about this Jason guy but i dont understand if he can make them for you or he just does the lenses. Can someone clarify this whole giant discussion pls? A little recap would be amazing. Im looking for a good replica of the dita flight 006 but i just find replicas that are too big. Thanksss :))

Jason provided the custom lenses for those who already had the Dita 006 frame

Jason provided the custom lenses for those who already had the Dita 006 frame
Ooooh okay thank you, now its clear. Anyway i first have to find the frame and i actually dont have +300$ to spend on them, for this reason i was looking for a good deal or replica, but so far just found wrong size replicas dammit lol

Ooooh okay thank you, now its clear. Anyway i first have to find the frame and i actually dont have +300$ to spend on them, for this reason i was looking for a good deal or replica, but so far just found wrong size replicas dammit lol
Hi, I suggest you to wait, the Ditas were featured in Infinity War, but really got some importance in Spider-Man, and it has been out for only a month. People will want to have cheaper and decent replicas, and supply will come. I suggest you to contact or follow companies specialized in cosplay or replica (I think of Magnoli Clothier for exemple) because they’ll be, I guess the first ones, to come up with good replicas. Don’t bother trying to buy $5 ebay’s chunks of plastic. So, yes, I think you should wait for a few months

Last edited:
I think for $5 it's worth buying the replica on Ebay. If another company makes a replica, they might take a while. I bought the $5 replicas and for the money, I'm happy with it.

I think for $5 it's worth buying the replica on Ebay. If another company makes a replica, they might take a while. I bought the $5 replicas and for the money, I'm happy with it.

Since i wear glasses my idea was to buy at an affordable price those glasses and then swap its lenses with prescription lenses so i can use this pair of glasses everyday. The 5$ glasses are crappy and too big to wear with prescription lenses. ive found some on aliexpress at 30$ but idk if the size is correct. i sent a msg to the vendor and im waiting for a reply.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back