Buiding 1/4 Scale Argo Nauts T-800 Endo

Not a single comment? I really thought this relic from the past was interesting on its own alone. Do people not like it because it isn't chrome? I get that. If anyone has critiques, I'm down to hear it art school and 3D artist for a living I have and get plenty of critique, I wont break!

Just saw this and I dont post much, but I think its worthy.

I built a 1/5th scale vinyl version a number of years ago and that was daunting enough, I have seen these on the occasion but have never been lucky enough to pick one up. Still looking!

Excellent work, and kudos for sticking with it for so long.

Ozzy

Just saw this and I dont post much, but I think its worthy.

I built a 1/5th scale vinyl version a number of years ago and that was daunting enough, I have seen these on the occasion but have never been lucky enough to pick one up. Still looking!

Excellent work, and kudos for sticking with it for so long.

Ozzy
Thank you! If you are interested in one, the seller I got mine from on evilbay periodically puts up the resin and chromed vinyl version. search ArgoNauts t-800 also someone on Resin Illuminati has one for sale in the classifieds. They are pricey but it is an impressive display.

Another Step to completion. Still working on the base, got a switch for his eyes finally. His teeth still need work and I havent decided on the rught arm position, but I sort like the "relaxed" pose. Its one of my complaints about the statues of t-800s that they seem oddly posed, or just standing there.
BackAgain.jpg

That's looking really cool. I always preferred the more relaxed poses too. The "action" poses always seems to betray how they were in the first movie and in part the second one, except they had already started that "too cool" thing with the character, which they didn't do in the first one. Felt more real and threatening.

So I picked up some Molotow and after spraying an endoskull with great results I decided to hit my Argo Endo. I have never been happy with the paint, so unhappy that I have never finished the model,which I did a great deal of work to. I will now though because it looks a thousand times better. Picture isn’t great but gets the message across.
A65060D4-4E07-48F5-8037-F8B3D728E9C8.jpeg

Just came across this thread. Reading through the build I was thinking this looks pretty good. But Wow, this new paint job really makes a huge difference.

I don't think I've ever seen an ArgoNauts kit done up in real looking chrome. I've seen people do it to their Neca figures, which sculpt links back to the ArgoNauts kit. This looks great. Now... onto the weathering to really dirty it up, after shooting it with some clear coat to make the metal look like polished steel like the originals.

Thanks for the comments fellas. While I will be doing a pin wash and some weathering, if I clear coat it will jus turn silver/gray. So chrome it shall stay. I have heard that the ink can’t stand up to handling so I am going to need to get a cover made for it so no one touches it. I have painted up the base and will post pics of it finished soon. It’s only been 5 years or so since I started it.lol

Didn't someone on here try the Alclad clear coat on the Molotow chrome? Didn't that turn out great?
I will have another look around but the weathering is bringing it down a bit and it’s far from a perfect finish. I think in the end it will be fine. I have painted the ground and skulls and that has actually helped as well. The weathering goes slowly as I only get one shot. This model has been an experienice….

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back