BTTF Futaba Delorean Remote Project

I've got most of the switches now, so I'm going to paint my black unibox enclosures, and pick up some more parts from Radio Shack tomorrow. I have a Molex and a toggle switch temporarily attached to the left side using some 3M double sided exterior mounting tape.

Hi Daniel, I checked my tape order, which should have been here by now. The seller is stating it should be here by the 29th. Is that going to be too late for you or anyone else to wait for some tape? Remembering I have to forward the tape onto you from Aust, it might be a couple more weeks.

if that's still ok, great, otherwise it may be worth sourcing tape elsewhere. I don't want to hold up peoples projects.

Why are you painting the unibox? Didn't you get the correct grey color?

I've got most of the switches now, so I'm going to paint my black unibox enclosures, and pick up some more parts from Radio Shack tomorrow. I have a Molex and a toggle switch temporarily attached to the left side using some 3M double sided exterior mounting tape.

Good stuff bro the drilling was a ***** for the big on off switch I'm happy that's over lol I was afraid I was gonna ruin the unibox.

So my plans for the sound effects are gonna go like this.When I flip the switch under the molex all lights will turn on at the same time along with my sound module activating to make the accurate sound of the switch theat you hear in the movie turn on.I will also have another sound module hooked up to my black push button on the side and that will activate with the segment 88mph display.I'm looking to have the segment displays climb up to 88mph not just stay on 88 then turn it off ala bruces remote.There's alot of ideas going on in my head but I pretty much have everything in order for right now.Once my sound modules come in I will post a little video of what I'm talking about.

-Mike

Why are you painting the unibox? Didn't you get the correct grey color?

When I contacted Unibox about buying these, they asked me if I wanted boxes with a "Recessed label area" or a "smoother finish for printing". I chose the smooth finish option because I thought it would be a better match for the one in the movie, but they only had that type available in black, and I didn't want to buy a dozen. It's ok though. It should look fine after I paint it.

Last edited:
Good stuff bro the drilling was a ***** for the big on off switch I'm happy that's over lol I was afraid I was gonna ruin the unibox.

So my plans for the sound effects are gonna go like this.When I flip the switch under the molex all lights will turn on at the same time along with my sound module activating to make the accurate sound of the switch theat you hear in the movie turn on.I will also have another sound module hooked up to my black push button on the side and that will activate with the segment 88mph display.I'm looking to have the segment displays climb up to 88mph not just stay on 88 then turn it off ala bruces remote.There's alot of ideas going on in my head but I pretty much have everything in order for right now.Once my sound modules come in I will post a little video of what I'm talking about.

-Mike

I want to try to include some of the other remote sounds. I have also thought about remaking the sound effect for the display counter. I could probably have it done in a few days (maybe a week) if anyone else wants to use it.

Hi Daniel, I checked my tape order, which should have been here by now. The seller is stating it should be here by the 29th. Is that going to be too late for you or anyone else to wait for some tape? Remembering I have to forward the tape onto you from Aust, it might be a couple more weeks.

if that's still ok, great, otherwise it may be worth sourcing tape elsewhere. I don't want to hold up peoples projects.

It's ok. I know the shipping takes a while.

very cool I want to check that out.I think I'm gonna try to stick with the sound to match the movie IDK to me I feel it would really put you in the moment like we were there :cool.Even if my remote ain't 100% complete at least I'll feel comfortable knowing all I need is the stanley displays and the segment leds along with the wires.

I want to try to include some of the other remote sounds. I have also thought about remaking the sound effect for the display counter. I could probably have it done in a few days (maybe a week) if anyone else wants to use it.

I got this in the mail today:

0f90348c.jpg

I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure out how to put this together correctly. The board is too big to fit inside the unibox. It's made to go in the remote.

PM sent.

I got the kit from the same eBay seller as the remotes. It was the only one he had available. This board will not fit inside the Unibox enclosure. It has to be installed in the remote itself.

I may not use it. I don't know anything at all about electronics or how to read schematics, and I don't want to ruin the board. I have seen a simpler board design for the remote posted before, that fits in the Unibox.

Well I heard from damien and no luck :cry.He don't sell the boards anymore :unsure.I really feel god will never let me finish this remote.Your lucky DB enjoy your segment display please post pics when you complete it.

Well I heard from damien and no luck :cry.He don't sell the boards anymore :unsure.I really feel god will never let me finish this remote.Your lucky DB enjoy your segment display please post pics when you complete it.

I have a scan of the board and a list of all the parts. It may be possible for someone to make new boards since Damien doesn't offer them anymore.

I'm going to wait until I can get the display parts from Gary before I finish the display and all the wiring, because I want the parts to be as accurate as I can get them. I may use the board and the LED display on my second remote.

I'll try to post a breakdown of what I can help with later today. Spent the whole weekend working on Fusion parts for a project which has now been relegated to the back burner...

-Gary

Sounds great gary your my only hope at this point.

@Db is there anyone who can replicate the circuit board?

-Mike

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back