Blue Beetle DCEU Film

Looks like another CW show. last I knew Blue Beetle was a scientist who made all his gadgets. When did he become a high school kid? I think the biggest obstacle for this is how many people know, or care about Blue Beetle.
He's been a kid since 2006, but the other Beetle, Ted Kord still has a part to play. You can see his older suit in the trailer.

Probably about at many folks know about Blue Beetle as knew about the Guardians of the Galaxy before that film came out.

My only exposure to Blue Beetle was his appearance in the death of Superman series in the 90's, so I only know characters like him and Booster Gold from that limited bit. I was much more of a Marvel guy, so they've got kind of an uphill climb with me on 2nd string DC characters like this.

I may catch it eventually, but mostly I just can't summon the will to care about DC movies currently.

Edit: I finally had a chance to watch the trailer. Big MCU spider-man vibes. Looks fun. Will see. Eventually.

Last edited:
Looks like Guyver meets Green Lantern.

DC superhero game had a module that highlighted Blue Beetle. Get Blue Beetle and Booster Gold in a room, if they have chemistry, they will have a small, but devoted fan base.

Looks like someone just shamelessly ripped off the storyboards for the Iron Man first flight sequence.

deploying "wings"

bb wings.jpg

jet trail launch.

bb trail.jpg

ascent shot.

bb up.jpg

approaching stratosphere.

bb atmos.jpg

thrust failure + freefall + panic

bb fall.jpg

skydive arch + suit comes through

bb stop.jpg

Last edited:
The second they pulled "Batman is a fascist" I was out.
You lasted that long? I was out when I heard rap music. That's an indicator the movie was made by a marketing team.

Too bad. It's nice to see the lesser known DC characters getting some spotlight.
Looks like Guyver meets Green Lantern.

DC superhero game had a module that highlighted Blue Beetle. Get Blue Beetle and Booster Gold in a room, if they have chemistry, they will have a small, but devoted fan base.
That's funny. I caught a Guyver vibe too.

You lasted that long? I was out when I heard rap music. That's an indicator the movie was made by a marketing team.

Too bad. It's nice to see the lesser known DC characters getting some spotlight.
I'm fine with that, although I like the Ted Kord version over the Jaime Reyes side, but I was willing to give it a chance, right up until the end. Now, there's no chance in hell that they get any of my money, especially since the director and cast have doubled down on it. It's too bad because I like at least some of the actors. This thing is going to crash and burn.

Looks good, I really like the suit, it reminds me a lot of the suit design from Young Justice.

As for the rap, it's just trailer music. It's more than likely not going to be in the final movie, the actual soundtrack is probably still being composed and/or recorded right now. Trailers seldomly, if ever, use actual music from the movie in them, they're just there for the trailer and that's it.

And as for the Batman is a fascist remark, that's just one character saying that, it's hardly an indicator of the movie being woke or anything. I'd also argue that the comment fits the universe, Remember, in universe, Batman isn't exactly a universally loved figure, there have been any number of comics and animated series, and movies where various characters have expressed a certain disdain and dislike for Batman. Some random person living in suburbia where there's not a lot of rampant crime calling Batman a fascist comes across as very believable and realistic to me. Just look at how many people these days, and in the relatively recent past say similar things about our troops and cops.

I'm fine with that, although I like the Ted Kord version over the Jaime Reyes side, but I was willing to give it a chance, right up until the end. Now, there's no chance in hell that they get any of my money, especially since the director and cast have doubled down on it.
Because the hero's dad delivered a line about Batman being a fascist?

Like, clearly intended to be comedic?

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Okay, more like Guyver meets Iron Man.

And the plight of illegals.

George Lopez in compression hose.

EDIT : ***SPOILER***

Did I forget to mention the grammas with stained glass miniguns?

Last edited:
Looks like someone just shamelessly ripped off the storyboards for the Iron Man first flight sequence.

deploying "wings"

View attachment 1687690

jet trail launch.

View attachment 1687605

ascent shot.

View attachment 1687606

approaching stratosphere.

View attachment 1687602

thrust failure + freefall + panic

View attachment 1687603

skydive arch + suit comes through

View attachment 1687604

But... Iron Man's test flight occurs at NIGHT, but BB's occurs during the DAY. Totally different!

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

What if Peter Parker was bitten by a spider that turned him into Iron Man?
My. Goodness.

So, the trailer seems to show every story beat.
It's the Shazam story line, with the Spiderman origin, with the Iron Man tech.
Literally a cut & paste super hero movie with a Latino approach.
It's great to have minority representation, and the Spider-verse films did this amazingly well, but BB just looks and feels... lazy??

"Your love for your family makes you weak."
"No, my family makes me STRONG."

I thought this was a direct to streaming film but it's actually a theatrical release!
I don't wish badness for any film, but can this succeed at the box office?

Last edited:
Agreed!...Yeah, it's in a bad spot.

With Gunn rebooting the DCEU anyway, this is probably gonna get lost in the shuffle.

I think this could've been a cool opportunity for DC to do something unique and different here, but instead they opted to just be safe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back