Blue Beetle DCEU Film

I was there on Thursday

Plenty of open seats

It really is a cut and paste superhero movie.

***SPOILERS***

Death scene talking to father...got it

No! Father did not get a constellation.

Evil corp trampling the hard working little guy, taking advantage of illegals.

Weapons company where one boss doesnt want to make weapons but the other does

A special power/weapon chose THE HERO.

Family trying to dingnout every racial stereotype worse than Ms. Marvel...woke check.

Whacky, conspiracy theorist uncle who was right, and whose quirky gadgets (sorta) work in a pinch.

Evil boss who relies on minorities and theft for her major accomplishments, and to do her bidding.

...as an added bonus, she refers to one with a generic, incorrect last name.

Hero teaches restraint to an intelligent weapon only for weapon to restrain the hero later...it learned. They complete each other. Awww

Quiet little gramma, who unlike Yoda, can actually hit a target

As mentioned before, family...weakness or strength?

I was there on Thursday

Plenty of open seats

It really is a cut and paste superhero movie.

***SPOILERS***

Death scene talking to father...got it

No! Father did not get a constellation.

Evil corp trampling the hard working little guy, taking advantage of illegals.

Weapons company where one boss doesnt want to make weapons but the other does

A special power/weapon chose THE HERO.

Family trying to dingnout every racial stereotype worse than Ms. Marvel...woke check.

Whacky, conspiracy theorist uncle who was right, and whose quirky gadgets (sorta) work in a pinch.

Evil boss who relies on minorities and theft for her major accomplishments, and to do her bidding.

...as an added bonus, she refers to one with a generic, incorrect last name.

Hero teaches restraint to an intelligent weapon only for weapon to restrain the hero later...it learned. They complete each other. Awww

Quiet little gramma, who unlike Yoda, can actually hit a target

As mentioned before, family...weakness or strength?
Disappointing, but par for what I was expecting.

My. Goodness.

So, the trailer seems to show every story beat.
It's the Shazam story line, with the Spiderman origin, with the Iron Man tech.
Literally a cut & paste super hero movie with a Latino approach.
It's great to have minority representation, and the Spider-verse films did this amazingly well, but BB just looks and feels... lazy??

"Your love for your family makes you weak."
"No, my family makes me STRONG."

I thought this was a direct to streaming film but it's actually a theatrical release!
I don't wish badness for any film, but can this succeed at the box office?
Blue Beetle being Hispanic and a kid isn't something new and done just for this movie. He was a Hispanic kid as far back as at least the Young Justice animated series which started aired before the whole diversity and inclusivity thing started happening.

Blue Beetle being Hispanic and a kid isn't something new and done just for this movie. He was a Hispanic kid as far back as at least the Young Justice animated series which started aired before the whole diversity and inclusivity thing started happening.

The race isn't the issue, it is the checkbox of stereotypical cliche's and a political message. They stick to positive stereotypes only, so it becomes political.

HOllywood loves lecturing us on this crap until it conveniently fits their narative. Just like actors who star in violent movies with lotsa guns lecturing us about guns and violence.

JoyRide was absolutely non-stop torturing an asian girl raised by white people. People wondered, " why was she so self-conscious about it?" And then they'd pretty much answer, "must be a white thing," and proceed to badger her about it some more.

The peolple with the hangups lecturing everyone else that they must have some kind of hang up.

I'd rather see Thor at a Waffle House demanding another coffee.

...or the Avengers having Shwarma.

Thumbs Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Is this possibly one of the last COVID-19 pandemic era film productions? Maybe that would explain the cut and paste look to it, the simplification of the storyline.

I only know Blue Beetle from one of the old cartoons. He was pretty cool. But I'm not in a hurry to see the movie.

I don't see the point to these remaining DC movies. Nor do I see the point in a soft reboot of the DC movies by keeping some actors. One of the best things about comics when I got into them was knowing that they were all in the same Universe whether Marvel or DC. Even if I couldn't afford to get every comic.

At this point, DC might as well release Batgirl. I was most interested in that one. I'm surprised it hasn't leaked in whatever form yet. I try not to listen to the marketing bs out there. But they were talking about the damage Batgirl would do to DC. But surely all these financial flops and creative mistakes are doing just as much harm. Saying Blue Beetle is in the new DC movies. But now, seeing the Box Office will he really carry over?

The only reason Aquaman 2 might do ok financially is because of the actor and director. But also it has that Amber Heard factor so we'll see what happens with that.

I saw it over the weekend. It was "okay" at best. Like many have said, there are no surprises here, folks. They have clearly run out of ideas for new superhero movies. It's the same old stuff. I fell asleep during it. It's pretty bad, but in my opinion, Barbie was FAR worse!

Even if this is great, it's not going to do well financially just because DCEU movies have lost all credibility at this point.

Well DC has a big break as I think they have zero movies next year. It's beyond me why they would officially start their new Universe with a cartoon, even though I like cartoons. And a TV show with the other Universe actors. That doesn't get me excited.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back