Bigturc's Tie Bomber thread

Thanks Marvin!
FINALLY!!! I got the M3 Lee for the fenders!!!

medium.jpg

If you're still having a hard time finding the Flak 38, try looking for a Tamiya Horch. Some of them have a Flak 38 hitched on the back.

My Flak 38 seat finally made it this morning!!! I'm happy to report that I'm part complete!!!

Beside the M3 LEE fender
medium.jpg

More progress soon ...

Which is, of course, also discontinued! :)

Julien, thanks for the info .. someone else told me about this although I had never read about it anywhere before. I'll make sure to update my first post to update this information!

Any word on the fenders from the M3 Grant anyone? I swear I'm going crazy trying to find pics or scans of a version of the Grant with the same "claw" fenders from the Lee. :confused

I could'a sworn they were Lee specific fenders that were transplanted onto Grants during the war.

the fenders are A19 & A20 in the Lee set...Grant's A-tree is different. Lot of Grant and Lee are the same, and assuming Julien remembered that and just was trying to help.

the fenders are A19 & A20 in the Lee set...Grant's A-tree is different. Lot of Grant and Lee are the same, and assuming Julien remembered that and just was trying to help.

Thanks, Q. I hear ya, I was only obsessed with figuring out whether or not I had gotten a different Grant tooling. :lol

Joe

I'm sure either Lee or Julien know something about it as they both told/confirmed this to me at some point .. I couldn't find them either to confirm it and I don't have the Grant in hands.

I'm such a newb .. have no idea what the heck I was thinking but I melted one of my only 2 88mm parts under the hair dryer. No spare around.

I thought I could warm it up to get a better fit around the tube .. I stopped looking for 1 sec and it just shrunk and is quite unusable! Lesson learned!
Where is that noob icon now!

medium.jpg

Last edited:
Live and learn about the hair dryer! I've done much worse with heat guns and laptop chassis at work!

Your buildup has been really informative. I model in 3D, never tried my hand at studio scale modeling. The amount of knowledge passed around here is incredible. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the concept of ID'ing 40 year old model kits. It looks like you've done a great job so far. :)

Thanks .. but I'm really just a build monkey taking the information here and there on how to build this little beauty!! Hopefully, some of my build pics will help people!

Does anyone have a good picture of the center box back plate?

The only reference I have is from Julien's build's back shot here and the pdf file and both are not trimmed the same way. I'd be inclined to go Julien .. but I'd really like to see it on the actual Bomber.

The Fischer serie doesn't have the back plate .. and I'm a little lost as to where I could find it .. anyone? I do know parts are from the Flak 36/37 and the Flakvierling38 though ...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back