Bigturc's Tie Bomber thread

the flak38 aren't hard to get a hold of...
you can usually find in multiples on BINs...
buy several and save on shipping. think i bought 4 of them and ended paying $7 each due to combined shipping.

That's what I meant too .. the 1/35 Tamiya German 20mm Flak 38 Mit Sd.Ah51.

I had no difficulty at all finding the Flakvierling .. they're everywhere for a few bucks!

sorry for the tease..
i had to get a handful of these...but couldn't remember if it was for the bomber, the probot pods, or something else.

If I knew how to cast, I'd throw some rubber on it and sell the cast for 1 million dollars!!!

NOTE that I'd also cast the Shinano and Yamato parts and I'd give them for free with the above!

Last edited:
That was good! :lol I was already assembling a relief package for you! Damn, I need to look at the calendar every once in a while!

Well, the good thing is now my wife knows she better not ever take a hammer to my models or....

homer.jpg

Joe

P.S. I'll try casting that seat for ya.

Nice work mate, I forgot to scribe mine before I fitted em....Doh! that wan't fun, nor was making them in the first place. Yours are looking damn neat.

More progress on the wings ... Wow .. that box took me some time!!! And it's not perfect .. I'll live with it. Not sure if people bondoed the joint between the box and the rings .. I'll see!

I still don't know what is the round part that is supposed to go on the Karl triangular parts under the Hanomag piston ...

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

I also had to repair my second wing .. when it got broken from the sprue, the wing plastic edge came off with it. So I had to use stome styrene to patch it .. I'll know after primer if I did this right or not.

medium.jpg

Same thing with the second sprue attach point. This one really got messy!!!

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Nice lookin wing box mate, not the easiest of parts to make, but yours looks great!.
Man, your wings did suffer some damage didn't they, but your fix will do the job.

I don't know what others used on their builds for the small round parts that sit on top of the triangular Karl parts, but I found some pretty good looking parts from the Airfix RAF emergency set or possibly they may have come from the refueling set, sorry I can't remember which I used, but they seemed to match ok.

Really nice build Turc. Great to see your progress in progress so to speak. You've really turned me on to the bomber. I think I'll start my own as a side project, since I have a lot of the kits needed already.

Anyways, looking forward to your next steps, it's coming together fabulously.

Marvin

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back