Bigturc's Tie Bomber thread

A, actually I think I copied someone else work for that part (I think it was Allan's TIE Bomber ?).

I just checked my ref and I have only two very bad pics of it with the rear cover plate (never noticed I had them before). The 88 mm part (the very top one) is right, all the other parts are wrong (or inexistant on the studio model).

There's a kind of large rectangle, I dont know what it is... and another part between the rectangle and the 88mm part.

That's weird!! Those are the KG_ set pictures .. although I've never seen them .. I thought I had them all .. mmm

The Shinano parts are missing from the box top too .. which, unless there's more than 1 SS Bomber is even weirder ..

And the stuka part inside the Leo chassis yells scratch built to me.

Are you sure these are not someone's build?

Edit: The more I look at it .. it just IS a fan build. The Saturn part on the back of the tubes are just trimmed way too large for the tube .. it sells it. It's still pretty clean though. .. whoever built it!

Last edited:
Small update from last night ..

Julien, your setup looked cool. You've just been stolen. I'll put the royalty check in the mail monday morning! :love

medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Hey Al, the pic of the rear in the 'Chronicles' shows the plate quite clearly as the type every Bomber builder has used.
I agree, those pics were of a Fan-build so not very accurate & yeah especially the bad fit of the 'Saturn' rings to the body tubes.

Your wings look great mate & the wing connector parts look damn fine, hey, its all going to be covered anyhoo with kit parts!.
Stu

You're right Al, that's a replica !!
I dont know why those pics are in this set.

Stu is right, there's probably a pic of the back in the Chronicles, I'm not at home so I cant check my books !

Keep up the good work my friend. :)

The first pic is from the Chronicles book and the second is from my own TB. I think we can be sure the we're doing is the right way.

Rafa

The only difference I can see is that the right edge of the 20 mm Flakvierling kit part seems to be curved, but the original kit part is just straight :confused :confused :confused

More update ...

Center box is now completed. Only have the Stuka part to glue at some point.

I began gluing parts to the other tube too, I need to get some thinner styrene sheet for all the smaller details on the tubes and wings.

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg
medium.jpg

Perpendicular tubes are next.

As a side note, I decided to not crook the center box front styrene plate. I'm really not that anal about this stuff and I don't feel like I'm missing anything ...

Thanks E .. I'm really having fun doing it!

But now, I gotta go back to cut those wing pilars again .. urggg .. what a pain they are!!! I'll probably redo the first two I spent 4 hours doing .. they're crooked and it makes my eyes bleed!!!

As a side note, I decided to not crook the center box front styrene plate. I'm really not that anal about this stuff and I don't feel like I'm missing anything ...

Al,
Looking good, man!

Hey about the crooked panel. I had that panel all wrong. According to the picture below, it looks like ILM made cutouts to accommodate the Flak seat backs. I always thought that panel was short on that side but it looks like the middle touches the bomb bay tube.

I'm not trying to change your mind about it. But since I offered that panel as something extra with my wing extensions...I figured I'd let those who purchased the extensions know about the inaccurate crooked panel just in case they hadn't noticed and want to be anal...like me! :lol

I wonder why ILM just didn't trim the seat backs instead of cutting a sloppy panel. Ok, back to Al's awesome build!

P6130363_JPG.jpg

P6130363_JPG-1.jpg

Joe

Last edited:
Falk .. If you don't mind sharing, where is that picture coming from? Perhaps I just don't recognize it and I'm not home to check my refs but it's pretty clear on that one that it's the shape we're refering to!

I'm wondering why this hasn't been done before! Obviously we're not the only one that noticed...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back