Bandai release schedule

We have no idea of what distances were involved- things seem sparse in our neighborhood but it is after all another galaxy far far away. We do know that hyperdrive can bring you incredibly long distances very quickly- at the end of TESB the rebels had regrouped a good distance outside the galaxy to the point you could see the entire disk though a window.
I consider time to be subject to convenience of the story telling. I remember someone had figured out the original Star Wars (ANH) took place over a three or four day period (two night scenes shown planetside, maybe one on board the Falcon on it's way to Yavin)

I remember someone had figured out the original Star Wars (ANH) took place over a three or four day period (two night scenes shown planetside, maybe one on board the Falcon on it's way to Yavin)
The problem is, they could travel from one planet at noon, and arrive on another planet at noon, depending on where they have to land. They were going to arrive on Alderaan at 0200 hours. I'd assume that means 2AM local time, because time on the ship would be meaningless once they landed.

There two nights on Tatoonine, one where the droids were captured by the Jawas and the second when R2 escapes and they have to find him, meet Obiwan and get on board the Falcon. Little time passes on the Falcon on it's trip- Solo is just leaving the cockpit talking about he out ran those imperial slugs, the training remote scene which ends with the Falcon being pulled into the Death Star hangar. The adventures on the Death Star and escape are still that same day, the only possibility of another evening would be on the flight to Yavin since once they get there they are in a rush to prepare for the upcoming attack.
The only other amount of time which could be considered an evening was after the attack, there had to be enough time to repair R2 and buff and shine Threepio.

Threads occasionally veer from topic, especially when there is a lot to talk about. I'm as much to blame as anyone. Let's not forget SW has been with us since 1977, soon to be 9 episodes and several other features and books. For those who would like to discuss more stuff off topic to Star Wars Bandai, please go to the Entertainment and Movie Forum and the Let's Talk All Things Star Wars thread...just to mention one. There are more.

TazMan2000

I mean if you want we can talk about the recent Buzz and Woody models.

That’d be more interesting than wah wah wah I don’t like the new Star Wars movies! I mean, how many times do we need that yelled into the echo chamber?

I have to admit I’m sort of tempted to get the Buzz model simply because it looks so beautifully engineered. Though I wouldn’t really want it once I’d built it, so....

The Star Wars Clear Vehicle Set just arrived at my local Yamada Denki here in Kobe. The price is exactly the same as all four kits bought separately, but one bonus is that it comes with water-slide decals, that the separate kits don’t have. Price is $20 give or take.

4FDC8283-2398-472E-A119-F61883862778.jpeg
9D988A26-603A-42B3-83AE-427F39EE7363.jpeg

I dunno. The complaining about the prequels and special editions crops up occasionally, but I don’t hear that much nowadays. The kids who grew up on the prequels are shifting that demographic. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back