Bandai release schedule

Our friend at schizophonic9 has finished his Bandai Star Destroyer. Very little light leakage but some smiling:

bandai_stardestroyer_f112.jpg

Hat tip chiangkaishecky

There is no way to mitigate it that I have discovered. Not even by shearing off the bow peg and just gluing the top hull to the bottom. The curve is still present. As a result of that and an inability to sufficiently handle light leaks without some major engineering issues I do not want to spend time on, I have abandoned further work on this build. Big disappointment for me, especially given the money I spent on the Limited Edition Kit. Very disappointed.

Anyone know if we have any closeup images of the TROS Falcon yet? Other than the Fathead poster.

I've put this panel together - the Fathead picture plus some general guesswork and conjecture for areas that aren't visible. And I've made that available if anyone wants it. But I don't have anything on the new open panel that's on the back of the ship.

tros-open-panel.jpg

Thats exactly what I am hopeing for since the very first glimpse we got :) :) :)

On second thought, I reconned it would be the size roughly close to Slave 1, so I am all for a 144 scale kit

Fine by me. I've been waiting for a 1/72 Slave One as well to go with my Falcon.

That metallic look and the huge engines would look pretty sweet.

It makes no sense to me that a "new" Y-Wing would have the same stripped down "hood off" look of the rebel Y-wing. I'm all for a new Y-wing, but make it, I dunno, new. This is just more flippin' fan service, IMHO.

I get what you’re saying but I was under the impression the resistance ships are cobbled together from old tech as best as they can. So if that’s the case I don’t think this Y-Wing is supposed to look new.

but I think they're about done with the license. Ah well.

You’ve been posting this for quite some time.

My local hobby shop was getting low on Bandai Star Wars kits. They recently got a significant restock. I'm sure some of it is because of the upcoming holiday season, but the kits must be selling if the shop ordered that many. Most of them are the figure kits.

Without having access to Bandai sale numbers, expenses, and projections it is really hard to have any idea how happy they are with the license. They have recently put plenty of research into OT kits such as the Star Destroyer and 1/72 Falcon, so they must still think there is demand.

Eh, I think you guys are reaching a bit. The original Y-wing told a story visually about how the rebellion was a spit and wire operation cobbling together tech from aging and limited resources. Form followed function. I can buy the ST's new X-wings as the next generation of fighter made in a post-Imperial era, but the new Y-wing is just harder to justify. It's function following form. The idea that it was intentionally made stripped down and looking like junk doesn't work for me, especially since we have canon sources for what the design (albeit an earlier version) is supposed to look like fully covered. The designers easily could've created this new version with some additional coverings, but the fact that JJ didn't is pretty much par for the course about how he has approached everything when it comes to the franchise: rinse and recycle the OT whether it makes sense or not.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back