Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Ha, ha.. god, you're worse than me with that OCD. Sorry to do that to you. :lol:
Job well done, now back away slowly and go watch The Imagineers on Disney+

Approaching Hoth. A photo I made with my PG Falcon. Love this model!

49999507198_75fb2a3041_h.jpg
Approaching Hoth by Steven Bills, on Flickr

SB

I'm sure this has been caught before but there appears to be a missing piece. Sean Sides build has an upside down "Y" fork near the "Drive Safely" and reflective stickers that is missing on the following picture of the 5' (notice the paint shadow and glue print is this there) and it appears to be omitted from the PG kit. Has anyone done a 3D part for this?

Sean Sides:

drivesafely-jpg.jpg

5' Studio
FalconEngineBottom2comp.jpg

Interesting! There's clearly something missing there - the dark primer spots and broken foot piece are testament to that! But it was already missing by the time the ILM photos were taken in 1978 or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 20.20.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 20.20.03.png
    868.4 KB · Views: 239
This is a shot taken during filming in 1976 or 1977. You can just see two lines that might be the two legs of the part.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 20.30.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 20.30.58.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 260
I could dig out my unfinished PG Falcon and put together a part for that. Looks pretty straightforward - just a bit fragile at that size.

I had seen that Sean had put that part in, (he posted some good shots of it before it was painted) and it certainly seems to fit with the “part shadows” that are present now... I’ve never been able to find any slam dunk evidence of it. I’ve paused parts of ANH where they are arriving at Yavin and can’t draw a conclusion one way or another. (Just YouTube rips, I can’t bear to buy a special edition) I’ve left it off, so far. Sean’s build was tremendously helpful btw.

This shot of the Falcon in the model shop with Joe Johnston doesn't seem to show any greeblie there like Sean's, but not clear enough to really make a definitive call. I imagine Sean would have had good reason to include it on his.
zJoe Johnson.jpg
And another couple with Richard Edlund during filming. It's interesting how close the armature is to the area with the missing greeblie. It almost looks like the engine's vector flaps have been removed too, so I guess that's when the part was removed or got knocked off.
zRichard Edlund c44b4b4e5f0a65eb177d1d46352086a8.jpg zDS hangar bay 2b.png

Also, I see that the amazing Joshua Maruska has modelled nearly all the SeaLab parts as well. Nice work!

WOW to all the builders in this Thread!! You all are doing amazing work!! Truly, these build ups look GREAT!!! You guys are taking an already incredibly accurate model kit, and just tweaking it to next level awesomeness!

I appreciate the nice comments from many of you referencing back to my 5'r.

I can tell you with 100% certainty the Sealab "Y" part was on the filming miniature when they filmed it.

Love the teamwork and collaboration in here, look forward to more incredible updates.

Cheers,
Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back