What colors are you using for your panels?

Red: MM Insignia Red with a little MM Rust and MM Gunmetal

Dark Gray: MM Neutral Gray

Darker Beige: MM Camouflage Gray

Light Gray : Tamiya XF2 flat white with a few drops of Tamiya XF69 NATO Black

Light Beige: Body base color (Tamiya XF2 mixed 10:1 with XF55 deck tan) with a little more deck tan added and something to warm it up slightly (I think it was a few drops of XF15 Flat Flesh... it’s what I had on hand at the time)

That Cream-looking color that‘s used in a few places: XF2 with some MM Sand

There’s a darker warm-gray-brown color used on the lower hull in a couple places I haven’t created yet.

Hope this vague-ness helps

Last edited:
Now that the decals are done, I'm adding those damned little rectangles. Cut a piece out of one of my wife’s rubber stamps and cut it into two little lines. Glued to dowels and added paperclip guides to know what direction it’s going. Not trying to exactly duplicate the rectangle locations on the five footer, but used those reference photos as a guide.

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpg
    IMG_6629.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_6628.jpg
    IMG_6628.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_6627.jpg
    IMG_6627.jpg
    901.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Looking awesome so far! It makes me want to pull mine off the shelf and get to work on it.

And thanks for linking to the file for that mount! I want to mount mine on the wall but I have not really been able to find a good way, that will make it so much easier.

I am almost out of excuses now...

Don't know if this will help,..I created this for a decal set in 2015. Cool idea though for coming up with the stamp technique. Beats decals any day.

Ooh, that's pretty cool. Hope it helps someone out!

I'm really happy with the stamp technique, since I wasn't going for exact size/placement for the rectangles. Just wanted to remain true to the sprit and the idea of adding that little detail without resorting to spending hours getting every one positioned perfectly.

Depends on whether you're going for an ANH Falcon or ESB/later Falcon. :)

And mine is definitely a blend of the two :) Didn't want to go to the trouble of adding the front two landing gear boxes, but I wasn't spending this much on a model to build it without adding those landing and running lights...

You could set your Falcon in the interregnum between the two films. Maybe set it on some planet where Han and Chewie had various adventures before going to Hoth. :)

You could set your Falcon in the interregnum between the two films. Maybe set it on some planet where Han and Chewie had various adventures before going to Hoth. :)

True!

What I'd really love is a 1:72 Peter Griffin as Han Solo and a couch..... lol
Screenshot 2020-04-22 14.29.42.png

Think I'm gonna call it done. I mean, I'll likely find little things to fix (still might attempt to add magnets to the back access panel) but I'm very happy with how this thing came out. Now, I need to borrow a smoke machine to try some more photos. And build a base for it. And...

BFMF-20200516-6290-.jpg
BFMF-20200516-6286-.jpg
BFMF-20200516-6285-.jpg
BFMF-20200515-6245-.jpg
BFMF-20200515-6230-.jpg

Does anyone have Arduino code for the engines? I am looking to replace the stock lights with LEDs and arduino to pulse.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back