Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

9 months later, I'm finally done my bird! I already miss working on this model! Thanks to everyone on these boards for your support and advice! More pics on my thread DerfOnarged's Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon WIP

32794875078_6bef1eed69_b.jpg

46669791001_5734d1500d_b.jpg

45944974264_0f58df1e42_b.jpg

Well my one turned up...
GnozVvJ.jpg

In a massively HUGE box, i knew this thing was going to be big... but fluff me!
hDZ4gg1.jpg

So this thing was packed in the Bandai shipping box, within another box filled with stuffing... that other box was then in the MASSIVE box filled with loads of bubble and peanuts and everything :p

Now im glad the seller packed it well for safe shipping from Belgium to the UK but damn if anything its a bit over packed....

At least no I have it before they run out, no idea when Ill start building it though loads of other things to do still... maybe start in the summer...

I agree, those diffusers really do their job. unless of course your Falcon theme is just landed or preparing for take off...or as I like to think of it, landed, short stay, everything still powered up. I didn't use the supplied lighting either, but I did use the light panels with 3mm blue LED's, which for my purposes worked exactly the way I wanted it to on the first try. Depends on the theme you're going for I reckon. There's several posts on this thread of guys using different combinations of lighting and acrylic panels behind the engine grilles with phenomenal results (y) ...just my two shillings :lol:

Attachments

• pglite3.jpg
    pglite3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 190
  • pgenglight3.jpeg
    pgenglight3.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 210
  • pgenglight5.jpeg
    pgenglight5.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 222
Well my one turned up...
View attachment 975628
In a massively HUGE box, i knew this thing was going to be big... but fluff me!
View attachment 975629

So this thing was packed in the Bandai shipping box, within another box filled with stuffing... that other box was then in the MASSIVE box filled with loads of bubble and peanuts and everything :p

Now im glad the seller packed it well for safe shipping from Belgium to the UK but damn if anything its a bit over packed....

At least no I have it before they run out, no idea when Ill start building it though loads of other things to do still... maybe start in the summer...
LOL, right on dude! Mangy Dog got his PG!! Congrats man!(y)

yeah found one seller on ebay selling for 280 quid + 10 shipping... given the average price this goes for i thought it was a steal and had to get it...

yeah found one seller on ebay selling for 280 quid + 10 shipping... given the average price this goes for i thought it was a steal and had to get it...
I'm in the middle of the one I have, but if i saw one for that, i think i'd buy a second one just because:lol: it's a super fun kit, i'm going to be sad when it's over. once you get in there you're gonna see why they're a bit spendy, the quality is top shelf...You're gonna love it(y)

yueah i had a quick look the contents... The plastic detail is shockingly good... Though going to have to do something about those decals... The mip mapping is terrible on some of them. I might buy some water slide paper and print my own...

yueah i had a quick look the contents... The plastic detail is shockingly good... Though going to have to do something about those decals... The mip mapping is terrible on some of them. I might buy some water slide paper and print my own...
I definitely here ya on that one, not looking forward to the days and days of doing the decals:eek:

Your neck and eyes will pain you but I'm sure it's possible. I did mine in in about 1 hour sessions over about 2 weeks.
That's probably the best approach. I love the hobby but sometimes I have to step away for a few or I start doing things sloppy and we can't be having any of that :lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back