Bad Seller Alert!! TOSPHASER

Oh I know I am just messing too.....this is the first time I have laughed in a few days....you guys are great! thanks for that!!:p:p

yep, everyone gets in spots in their life and then there are always people who don't understand that " everyone has issues every once in awhile"

This is the tool for a trek duel.

lirpa_01.jpg

Good communication? He washed his hands of his TMP wrist comm builds and I still don't have mine.

While that may be true, he is not the only one to blame there. Tripper told us all it would only be a few weeks and he took his money and ran as well. Well ok not ran, but has taken more then a year to finish the last ones. I don't think that anyone thought that Tripper would do that.

FHC is correct, Bruce is not at fault. But to be fair, I'm known for not having much hobby time.

Thanks for having my back Alex, I have yours too buddy!....It sounds like one of the comms was sent back as it was messed up in shipping...this would cause a delay no matter what...I have seen Alex's work and it is as good as it gets.....
If you are waiting fora comm I am very sorry for the delay but I assure you when you get it you will love it! :love

I think we get the point ....we can beat this issue to death but time spent responding to the same thing over and over is time that can be spent building these props! if ya know what I mean!!??

I had a regrettable transaction with Bruce.
I will cover four parts of the transaction as follows.

1. His presentation of the piece.
2. Quality of the part.
3. His customer service.
4.The origin of the piece he sent that I believe is probably approxamately a forth generation recast.

1. The presentation of the piece.
In the RPF junkyard Bruce was selling Star Trek agonizer castings. Here is the very picture Bruce used here on the RPF to promote his castings.
AgonizerSolid.jpg

I would later find out Bruce was using the photo from New Moon props website.
Here is the page from New Moon where they use this photo. It is the second image from the top.
Star Trek-Misc

When I asked Bruce about this he had no reply but immediately noted he wanted his RPF sales thread taken down. He later admitted to taking the New Moons photo.

2. Quality of the part.
The part is very small...the Playmates TOS tricorder somehow came to mind when I saw the part. The piece is quite frankly reject quality. It was made from an open faced mold which is the easiest to use. The mold wasn't filled completely as the resin had begun to gel when it was poured. There are air bubbles. The resin wasn't properly mixed so there are soft spots and oil on the surface. Bruce explained the unmixed resin as something that somehow occured in shipping. I'm not aware how a solid resin could partially liquify so the chemicals separate then semi-solidify again.

***Here is the video on youtube.***
YouTube - A Star Trek agonizer prop recasting I bought.

The unmixed resin areas.
PIC_1195.jpg

PIC_1196.jpg

3. Customer service.
I paid. I waited just over a week before I asked where my order was. Bruce said he had forgotten it but just sent it out the day prior. I would have thought it would have been sent in an expedited manner to make up for the oversight. I told Bruce my impression of the quality. Bruces reaction was consistant with what others here have already said(not to mention consistant with his candor in his own posts on this thread). He was rude, verbally abusive, insulting, and as he is so fond of saying here in this thread to anyone appposes his opinion...he told me I'm :wacko. Bruce did refund with some difficulty and wanted the piece returned. This matter had wasted enough of my time not to mention the aggravation. It could have all been avoided if the piece was just thrown away as it is a reject. I told Bruce he could pay for the return shipping as I was not going to pay shipping for something that should have never gone out. He told me to keep it. Seems he didn't want to pay return shipping either.

4.The origin of the piece Bruce sent.
I bought this piece to go with a costume I was putting together for DragonCon to save time. One of Bruces comments was to ask why I wasn't just making my own. So I did set out to make my own. In looking for reference that is how I came across the New Moon photo that Bruce was using as his own. (Consider this, if the piece Bruce sent was good and workable I wouldn't have done a Google search and discovered he was using New Moons photo.)

I suspected the part as a recast because it's undersized. Recasts are smaller and 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc recasts are even smaller still with each recasting of a recast. Using pictures of a real agonizer I made my master patter seen on the left. The part Bruce sent on the right.

agonizerMP03.jpg

The flaws all over the piece Bruce sent say recast. The distortion, warpage, and shrinkage leads me to feel this perhaps a 4th generation(possibly more) recast. Nothing about this piece tells me it is 1st generation. I told Bruce I believe this is a recast and why. He did not reply. I asked Bruce to send me pictures of his master pattern and no reply there either. I would still like to see the master pattern. If I am misstaken I'll gladly apologise.

I already posted this information at Propsafe which is why I wish people here would check that site with some kind of regularity for updates. I notified Bruce of my posting at propsafe so he could be aware...so it would not be a behind his back sort of a thing and so he could reply if he wanted. As I already noted I asked Bruce for pictures of his agonizer master pattern. This request and my Propsafe postings were somehow spun into a claim of harrassing on the internet. So Bruce has had the opportunity to reply at Propsafe but has not.

In conclusion, all this precipitated from a really bad part, bad service, poor diplomacy...and all that was Bruces responsibility and in his control.

you know what SLK I have had it with you........
you bought the fracking thing seeing the picture that was posted, it was $13.00 and you were refunded and told to keep the part as you said you were not sending it back! I went through hell with this forum and Art and he said all was good and you did not want your name drug throught the mud! well guess what buddy....you should learn when to keep your big mouth shut!....I had ten of those I took as a trade and was offing them...I told you that! what you think and what is real are two different things.....I have better things to do than recast an effen little piece of crap! get real! maybe one of these days we will meet at a con and you can question me about my work and I can flaten you nose! this is BS!.......You want a fight you got it! check the internet daily for updates on my experiance dealing with you!

get ready to get muddy!
also everyone is so quick to get pissy about having me banned over issues you know nothing about! I call bs! 90% of the crap sold here is recast....Really yet not from me! Hmmmmmmm? maybe the Junkyard will all of a sudden become a little smaller and the runs made a little less often! :lol

and you post says I told you I was using someone elses photo but yet you say you googled it and found it??? get your story straight.. and I asked why you didn't make one??? why the hell would you ask that!
this is no place to be any way! to those of you who have delt with me and know what I am about thank you for your support! :thumbsup
for the other 90% no loss! and to TSLK Good luck! :lol
and Nick if you can find this post in all of this ***** can't start my own thread but might chime in here because I have no back bone and my mom is kicking me out of the basement so I am pissed thread? I will continue to get you paid off!
ok now Ban me! but ya better have a damn good reason! I won't just fall like so many others......

I had a regrettable transaction with Bruce.
I will cover four parts of the transaction as follows.

1. His presentation of the piece.
2. Quality of the part.
3. His customer service.
4.The origin of the piece he sent that I believe is probably approxamately a forth generation recast.

1. The presentation of the piece.
In the RPF junkyard Bruce was selling Star Trek agonizer castings. Here is the very picture Bruce used here on the RPF to promote his castings.
AgonizerSolid.jpg

I would later find out Bruce was using the photo from New Moon props website.
Here is the page from New Moon where they use this photo. It is the second image from the top.
Star Trek-Misc

When I asked Bruce about this he had no reply but immediately noted he wanted his RPF sales thread taken down. He later admitted to taking the New Moons photo.

2. Quality of the part.
The part is very small...the Playmates TOS tricorder somehow came to mind when I saw the part. The piece is quite frankly reject quality. It was made from an open faced mold which is the easiest to use. The mold wasn't filled completely as the resin had begun to gel when it was poured. There are air bubbles. The resin wasn't properly mixed so there are soft spots and oil on the surface. Bruce explained the unmixed resin as something that somehow occured in shipping. I'm not aware how a solid resin could partially liquify so the chemicals separate then semi-solidify again.

***Here is the video on youtube.***
YouTube - A Star Trek agonizer prop recasting I bought.

The unmixed resin areas.
PIC_1195.jpg

PIC_1196.jpg

3. Customer service.
I paid. I waited just over a week before I asked where my order was. Bruce said he had forgotten it but just sent it out the day prior. I would have thought it would have been sent in an expedited manner to make up for the oversight. I told Bruce my impression of the quality. Bruces reaction was consistant with what others here have already said(not to mention consistant with his candor in his own posts on this thread). He was rude, verbally abusive, insulting, and as he is so fond of saying here in this thread to anyone appposes his opinion...he told me I'm :wacko. Bruce did refund with some difficulty and wanted the piece returned. This matter had wasted enough of my time not to mention the aggravation. It could have all been avoided if the piece was just thrown away as it is a reject. I told Bruce he could pay for the return shipping as I was not going to pay shipping for something that should have never gone out. He told me to keep it. Seems he didn't want to pay return shipping either.

4.The origin of the piece Bruce sent.
I bought this piece to go with a costume I was putting together for DragonCon to save time. One of Bruces comments was to ask why I wasn't just making my own. So I did set out to make my own. In looking for reference that is how I came across the New Moon photo that Bruce was using as his own. (Consider this, if the piece Bruce sent was good and workable I wouldn't have done a Google search and discovered he was using New Moons photo.)

I suspected the part as a recast because it's undersized. Recasts are smaller and 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc recasts are even smaller still with each recasting of a recast. Using pictures of a real agonizer I made my master patter seen on the left. The part Bruce sent on the right.

agonizerMP03.jpg

The flaws all over the piece Bruce sent say recast. The distortion, warpage, and shrinkage leads me to feel this perhaps a 4th generation(possibly more) recast. Nothing about this piece tells me it is 1st generation. I told Bruce I believe this is a recast and why. He did not reply. I asked Bruce to send me pictures of his master pattern and no reply there either. I would still like to see the master pattern. If I am misstaken I'll gladly apologise.

I already posted this information at Propsafe which is why I wish people here would check that site with some kind of regularity for updates. I notified Bruce of my posting at propsafe so he could be aware...so it would not be a behind his back sort of a thing and so he could reply if he wanted. As I already noted I asked Bruce for pictures of his agonizer master pattern. This request and my Propsafe postings were somehow spun into a claim of harrassing on the internet. So Bruce has had the opportunity to reply at Propsafe but has not.

In conclusion, all this precipitated from a really bad part, bad service, poor diplomacy...and all that was Bruces responsibility and in his control.

I don't think hugs and bunnies will help anymore. I sit here hoping that this thread could stay civil and only find it truly spiraling out of control. I hope things can be rectified and from what I've seen Bruce is making all attempts to fix his issues with the OP besides that maybe this thread should get locked.

I don't think hugs and bunnies will help anymore. I sit here hoping that this thread could stay civil and only find it truly spiraling out of control. I hope things can be rectified and from what I've seen Bruce is making all attempts to fix his issues with the OP besides that maybe this thread should get locked.

I second that!.... TSLK And I had a little war a few months back and that was that......over a $13.00 item and it did not look that bad when I sent it to him! no way! resin can weep over time just ask anyone that has one of the 33" enterprises for the no defunct maker...the name slips my mind!
but I had these for at least a year...any weeping would have occured in that time! he was out for trouble from the start??? not sure why ?? nor do I care but I will not just sit back and let this kind of thing happen!
you must not Value your Name Kid but I do! I will not go down with out a fight! Hang on!! Oh and just an FYI You have 24 hours to remove the you tube video before leagle action is taken! you have a PM!
I am done posting here! and may as well be band as I will not continue to post or sell here!
I think TSLK Should be Banned for starting trouble when it was all settled!! Art?????

A PM from Bruce. As follows. I can't find a listing for Spenc. I am wondering if he meant Spence.

..................................................................................

TOSPHASER said:
I would sugest you remove any current or further
attacks on me or pointing in the direction of me being a recaster....Including but not limited to the You tub video! no further communication on your part will be needed or eccepted
Bruce

Cc Nancy Spenc
Attorney at Law

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back