Bad Seller Alert!! TOSPHASER

Actually, no. We were not informed ahead of time that Tripper would be doing the builds. Only after we paid were we told someone else would be handed our kits for the builds. Even then, we expected a reasonable time for the builds to be finished. Wombat and I waited over a year. Not sure how long the others on the list waited, but Wombat was next to last and I was the very last.

The progress thread where we were all asking for updates and wondering what was going on was on TPZ. You should have checked back to that thread, but you dropped out of keeping track of the situation a couple of months in and never bothered to check back.

And yes, I did send Tripper a PM. I've asked for updates from him before this thread popped up. I know he's checked in to TPZ, he just hasn't responded. Now I'm out $60-80, a wrist comm, and about 15 months of waiting (and counting).

As the original seller, you should have stayed on top of the situation until you knew for sure everyone got their builds. After all, we paid you the money. You should have made sure your customers had their merchandise in a timely manner.

What could you have done? You could have stayed on top of Tripper and managed the builds even if you weren't doing them. You could have made sure your customers were taken care of and given regular updates. Instead you took our money and passed the buck and the blame for a situation that should have been your responsibility.

I appreciate you offering your help, but all you've done is PM Tripper. I already did that and if he won't respond to me about it, I doubt he'll respond to you. Now what I am supposed to do? I'm out the cash, the prop, and a lot of time (with a great deal of frustration added in for good measure).

as I said in my pm I fully understand! it is not over until it's over !........you waited this long with out saying anything so I am sure you can wait a little longer until I figure out what is going on...fyi I am not a member of the TPZ For reasons never explained to me so as far as loosing touch and contact.. nothing I could do there!....you need to go back and read through the threads there, all were informed Tripper was doing them...other wise how would you know tripper was doing them???
I was on top of him as you can also see there until I was banned!
we will get it straightened out! that is all I can tell you for now!
we can go on and on here but I will suggest once again lets take it to pm instead of going back and forth on Nicks thread! one thing at a time please! or in this case two!:lol

Actually, no. We were not informed ahead of time that Tripper would be doing the builds. Only after we paid were we told someone else would be handed our kits for the builds. Even then, we expected a reasonable time for the builds to be finished. Wombat and I waited over a year. Not sure how long the others on the list waited, but Wombat was next to last and I was the very last.

The progress thread where we were all asking for updates and wondering what was going on was on TPZ. You should have checked back to that thread, but you dropped out of keeping track of the situation a couple of months in and never bothered to check back.

And yes, I did send Tripper a PM. I've asked for updates from him before this thread popped up. I know he's checked in to TPZ, he just hasn't responded. Now I'm out $60-80, a wrist comm, and about 15 months of waiting (and counting).

As the original seller, you should have stayed on top of the situation until you knew for sure everyone got their builds. After all, we paid you the money. You should have made sure your customers had their merchandise in a timely manner.

What could you have done? You could have stayed on top of Tripper and managed the builds even if you weren't doing them. You could have made sure your customers were taken care of and given regular updates. Instead you took our money and passed the buck and the blame for a situation that should have been your responsibility.

I appreciate you offering your help, but all you've done is PM Tripper. I already did that and if he won't respond to me about it, I doubt he'll respond to you. Now what I am supposed to do? I'm out the cash, the prop, and a lot of time (with a great deal of frustration added in for good measure).

You did inform us of Tripper doing the build, but as I stated above, it was well after we paid. I wasn't aware of the fact when i made the purchase and sent Paypal. Even then, Tripper has a good reputation on TPZ so that is not the meat of the argument. The complaint is about the unreasonable wait time and the lack of updates and communication. This is not the situation any of us expected from him or you. Yet it has, most definitely, devolved into a bad transaction. Both of you dropped the ball on a transaction where money was exchanged. This is not the way for either of you to do business, especially in a relatively small community like this where word gets around and gets around fast.

also if this requires me to post further I will! otherwise I will not be doing so!
no need to continue to clutter up this thread and it is being taken care of!

You did inform us of Tripper doing the build, but as I stated above, it was well after we paid. I wasn't aware of the fact when i made the purchase and sent Paypal. Even then, Tripper has a good reputation on TPZ so that is not the meat of the argument. The complaint is about the unreasonable wait time and the lack of updates and communication. This is not the situation any of us expected from him or you. Yet it has, most definitely, devolved into a bad transaction. Both of you dropped the ball on a transaction where money was exchanged. This is not the way for either of you to do business, especially in a relatively small community like this where word gets around and gets around fast.

Ok! I need to make another post from the sounds of it!......Tripper has a good rep?? ok thats weird as he is the one not sending your prop!! I have a good rep as well but have messed up with Nick..........this thread was about The transaction between Nick and I! now after well over a year of lying quiet you have chimed in and want a refund.....you said you received your comm...but was unhappy with the build...to me that now puts it back on tripper, if you did not want tripper doing the build then you should have said something at that time! when I was no longer on the TPZ I lost track, do you understand that!??? One more time lets take it to pm I am beginning to think you may have a proble understanding!!
when I say I am sorry it is with all of my heart...when I say I will help all I can I mean it! If you want a refund then you will sadly have to get in line! if you take any of this as a sign of weakness and continue to attack it will just **** me off! I only say sorry once!! now I have heard your case!
please step back and wait to see what unfolds!!!

Bruce

Yes Tripper has a good rep. You had a good rep on TPZ at the time too, I didn't say you didn't. That is why I said the situation was unexpected from both of you.

I didn't lie quiet for over a year. I posted in the original TPZ thread. I had no knowledge of you being banned from TPZ. Even then, you could have contacted Tripper to make sure the builds were completed and shipped out and stayed on top of the situation since you were the one organizing and doing the run. I didn't want to chime in on another board, but you are obviously not on TPZ anymore, so I had no other recourse.

The build I received had splotchy paint and wrinkles all over the face. Are you telling me I should have just kept it and been happy after waiting for it for over a year? Is there anyone here who would have been happy receiving a build in that condition and not have sent it back to be fixed?

I didn't say I didn't want Tripper to do the builds. However, I did expect the build delivered in a timely fashion and in good condition.

Getting the builds done and done correctly may be Tripper's job, but the ultimate responsibility rests on you. My original transaction was with you. I paid you the money. I didn't pay Tripper anything. I didn't ask Tripper to do the build. You did. You did after I paid you. It was your responsibilty to manage the situation and not lose track until your customers were taken care of.

Look, all you've done is PM Tripper. Like I said, I've already done that with no word. If this situation gets resolved, I will publicly praise you for your help and tell everyone you were true to your word and fulfilled your obligations and apologize profusely for getting so worked up. You want me to wait and see what happens? I'll do that. I'll give it a couple of weeks. But if I get no word and/or no comm, then I'm going to be even more upset than I already am (and I'm plenty upset).

Let me just say that I don't see why Bruce should be brought into this. I have a good rep because i do quality work and I update my flickr, my site, my twitter, and the Facebook page for my services with build updates every time there are updates. Go look on my site (Where I told you guys to look as I don't visit TPZ that often) and you'll see that I was very open and completely transparent about the current status of all the builds I'm doing. I also work several jobs, and go to school. Go on the commissioned build page and you'll see plenty of other projects have been completed and shipped lately so I'm not AWOL. I warned everyone ahead of time of the facts. If you have complaints, why are you going to Bruce? I have not received any PMs on the TPZ about the TMP comms since Knightone sent his back due to heat damage from transit. There was a nice large update on my site saying I'm back to my day job, going to school, and working as a DP on a film at night so I haven't been able to complete the minor fix that needs to be done. Rest assured it will be done. I have never once not delivered.

I PM'ed you a few days ago and also posted in the thread twice. You've checked into TPZ since I've sent the PM and posted, yet no response. If that is the situation you are in, it would have been quick and simple to reply and say that.

I'll PM you shortly. Contrary to what the last login info says on the TPZ, i rarely visit. The TPZ is on my Safari Top Sites page so any time I open the browser to go elsewhere, it loads the TPZ as well as 11 other sites so I have not seen the TPZ thread yet. I'm here now because Bruce PM'd me and I was looking into the matter before responding.

The reason Bruce is being "Brought into it" is that he was the one promoting and selling the product, not you Alex. After he received payment for a bunch of these, then you two struck up a deal with you to do the builds meanwhile not telling ANY of the folks who were expecting these to come from the Man that were paid to do them. No one was informed about the "Behind the Scene" deal until several started inquiring about when and where there paid product was going to be delivered.

Ring a bell?

Roger

Actually, if you look at the TPZ thread about the builds, I started a thread with progress and pictures as soon as I was brought on board.

Not sure if the threads go back to 2008. Like you, I don't frequent the TPZ anymore, all I ask is everyone involved should make sure the people that paid their monies gets their product and is happy with it. Regardless of who is trying to pass the buck.

Funny joke. The thread started in june/july of 09. I'm not sure why you're commenting. You don't have any stake in this, Roger.

Thanks for this Alex! You are a stand up guy....never had an issue with you not getting things done a little slow as you do have a lot on your plate....I mean a lot!! I tried to tell all involved not to fret! and to me it sounds like all is as good as it gets!! I may not be directly involved but still am always willing to help..............and as for others jumping in??? Meh!..........I do not hear the words of the others! :lol as they mean nothing to us or this thread! :wacko

Last edited:
Bruce has always been a stand up guy in any of the deals I have had with him and Tripper does great work. These guys do there best but everyone looks at these builds as if it is a real business and all of the same rules apply. There are people on the boards who do this for a living, there are others who do it as a hobby in there spare time and despite wanting to make all of there prop board brethren happy and have real lives and jobs.

There will not be a single hobbyist (and likely even quite a few of the pros) doing builds who at some point will not get in over there head. Trashing them in the open forum really does not help much, in fact if they are already being dragged through the dirt what exactly is the motivation to fix the problem?

Not making excuses just pointing out the reallites.

Bruce has always been a stand up guy in any of the deals I have had with him and Tripper does great work. These guys do there best but everyone looks at these builds as if it is a real business and all of the same rules apply. There are people on the boards who do this for a living, there are others who do it as a hobby in there spare time and despite wanting to make all of there prop board brethren happy and have real lives and jobs.

There will not be a single hobbyist (and likely even quite a few of the pros) doing builds who at some point will not get in over there head. Trashing them in the open forum really does not help much, in fact if they are already being dragged through the dirt what exactly is the motivation to fix the problem?

Not making excuses just pointing out the reallites.

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back