How to make your own Thermal Detonator liquor bottle from The Bad Batch

Boredlois

Hello everyone! I know there is an animated prop thread, but it was asked that I put this into a separate thread once the project was completed. Here are some step by step instructions on how to create one of these "Thermal Detonator" liquor bottles from Cid's Parlor on The Bad Batch (not exactly screen accurate for obvious reasons). You will need to be over 21 years old and have a space to use spray paint.

IMG_8583.jpg
IMG_8584.jpg

First you will need a "Buzzballz Biggie" like this one. Most liquor stores or BevMo's in the US have them. Preferably a clear plastic one, but any color will work. Whatever you do with the liquid is up to you :lol:

IMG_8796.jpg

Try to dry out the inside as much as possible before painting. I used one of these pipe cleaner tools and a paper towel.
IMG_8802.jpg

You'll want to sand the empty bottle all over with some fine grit sandpaper. Lay down something to catch the dust and wear eyewear/mask if necessary.
IMG_8797.jpg

Do this all over until the labelling is gone. Except for the nozzle, since that part won't be painted.
IMG_8798.jpg

Wipe off the excess dust and completely cover the nozzle with painters tape to avoid any paint from going inside the bottle.

IMG_8799.jpg

I used this Rustoleum hammered bronze spray paint for the bottle, which gives it a metallic appearance. For the cap and ring, I used a silver version for a similar effect.
IMG_8800.jpg
IMG_8803.jpg

In a well ventilated area over a disposable drop cloth (like a trash bag), paint the bottle with the bronze. Make sure you get spots underneath around the bottom as well (notice I missed them in this pic). Repeat the process for the cap & ring with the silver paint.
IMG_8801.jpg

Let it dry for up to an hour or longer. Once dry, you can dry brush some black acrylic paint on the cap and bottle give it some weathering.
IMG_8804.jpg

For you cricut people, you can create a decal with the logo below. I had mine done in teal to kinda match the original in a 6" x 4" size. Be warned that the decal is a little awkward to get on because of the round surface. For those without cricut machines, you can also use the image to create a stencil instead. I haven't tried this, but it might work better.
Picture1.jpg

Once the logo is on, you can dry brush a little more black acrylic paint over it, and you're done! Here's what mine looks like:
IMG_8805.jpg

Thanks for letting me share! Hope its a fun project if you decide to take it on.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back