Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
The snap took place (bringing them back) and then Thanos appear and blew the #$&@#% out of their HQ. They then had to dig out of the rubble and get together outside it and then fight thanos for a bit BEFORE Strange ported them to the fight. So theoretically there was a whopping hour or so between the event for them to get them together and explain everything. Still seems like a tall task in the that timeframe, but they may not have known they'd be gone much at all, so you save that bit and tell them the fight is on.

The thing I didn't get is how they all snapped back knowing exactly where to be and what to do to take down Thanos. Wouldn't they all just be disoriented? Yet they looked like they had been planning this attack while they were all in ash-ville.

I'm cool with this. Most of them we're already in mid-fight with Thanos when they were 'blipped' - so I imagine they're still ready to go at it. Most probably have no idea what happened. Plus, there probably was a quick briefing by the wizards... "Thanos is still at it, we need to get him. I'm gonna take you to him and the other Avengers - get ready to kick ass."

So what if Endgame fell just shy of the two combined theatrical releases of Avatar? Avatar’s first release was beaten by Endgame a long time ago. In fact, if we consider this simply part 2 of Infinity War, one can argue that the Endgame and IW box office numbers should be combined which puts Avatar even farther in the dust.

I don’t like James Cameron.

It's not that I don't like Cameron as much as I think Avatar's a mediocre film. Terminator 2 and Aliens are darn good movies... heck, even add the Abyss to that.
Avatar was certainly a big disappointment after a winning track record but Cameron lost me when he started publicly putting down the superhero genre and the MCU as infantile and unoriginal - all this coming from a guy who once wanted to do a Spider-Man movie. I don’t mind him having an opinion but it was as if he was irked so much he was trying to convince the general public to boycott superhero movies. He was so arrogantly and passionately against superhero films it would have been poetic to have seen his baby taken down by the MCU.

I don't like James Cameron.

Last edited:
In today's world of 24/7 news and a million different websites looking to make a headline, I can't really fault Cameron. 20 years ago, he might've said the same thing and it just slipped by... today? It's a different world with a different media.

I'm not saying Cameron is correct with what he said - I'm just saying that it's most likely blown out of proportion. But, he also does come off as somewhat arrogant... so who knows?

Last edited:
The thing I didn't get is how they all snapped back knowing exactly where to be and what to do to take down Thanos. Wouldn't they all just be disoriented? Yet they looked like they had been planning this attack while they were all in ash-ville.

Dr. Strange saw the outcome of that end battle, so he knew where to go. He had enough time to get the wizards together, notify everyone and plan the attack.

Passing it this weekend it says

Cameron is always dissing super hero movies too. Like the space smurfs is so superior???

So the news makes me feel all...........

edRAymT.gif

Didn't get to see it in a theater, but I streamed it yesterday. Is the streaming version the one with the extra footage or the first version? What is the extra footage in the second release?

I have a question for you all now the film has been out for ages;

Has Steve always been worthy of lifting Mjolnir, or just for the events of Endgame?

Steve's character has always been moral and true - he's not changed in that respect through the whole series. Age of Ultron showed the hammer move when Steve tried, but he quickly stopped. Did he know he could lift it and didn't want to upstage Thor, or was he just almost worthy?

Thor himself said "I knew it!" When Steve lifted the hammer, meaning Thor knew Steve could be. Or does it mean he knew Steve could have lifted it anytime since Ultron?

I don't mind either way, but I'd be interested in your thoughts!

In the ultron (i think) they all tried to lift it and no one could budge it. Steve was able to budge it, but not lift it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back