Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
For me Steve's actions in Civil War, Infinity War and most of Endgame, tipped the scales for him being worthy to lift Mjölnir
The writers have said steve has always been able to lift it, but steve being such a gentleman didn’t want to embarrass Thor in front of everyone
Another possibility is that it also takes belief in your own worthiness and the desire to lift Mjolnir. In AoU Cap was worthy but his humility worked against him and he had no reason to want to lift Mjolnir until Endgame.

Another thing I don't get is the physicality of the "snap" itself. Once you have the glove with all the stones, couldn't you just "do it?" So much effort was put into just keeping Thanos from snapping his fingers. Why does he need to actually do that physical act?

How so? Even if Ultron had been successful, do we really think it would have been effective against Thanos and his minions?
Tony does. He felt something was better than nothing. I tend to agree. The odds shouldn't dictate whether or not a defense is put up.

(I was a 'Team Iron Man' guy for Civil War. ;))

Tony does. He felt something was better than nothing. I tend to agree. The odds shouldn't dictate whether or not a defense is put up.

(I was a 'Team Iron Man' guy for Civil War. ;))

Which is fine... but I honestly feel that the line in End Game was just another moment of Tony's hubris. Even if Ultron had worked perfectly, there's no reason to think that it would have changed things in any significant way. By the time Thanos got to Earth, he still had multiple Infinity Stones and while Tony's vision for Ultron was powerful, there's no reason to realistically imagine that an army of automatons would be any sort of impediment to Thanos thus empowered.

Other than that AI by that time should be infinitely smarter than tony or thanos could ever hope to have been and if there was a way to stop him, theoretically, ultron could/should have found it.

Not that I believe that, but it's very plausible.

I didn't get why Tony was still going on about the "armor around the world" scenario to Steve. None of that would've stopped the snap.
I don't think that was about the snap at all. I think the intention in that scene was that Tony was sick, angry, and lashing out over something unresolved because he felt pressured to solve the current crisis. Mix in the anger and resentment from civil war, pointed directly at Cap. I've known a handful of brilliant people in my life, and they get that way. Especially when they are not feeling capable.

Even later on when he was healthy and feeling capable and they showed up at the cabin, he was still not interested in solving any problems for them, or "talking shop". Had Cap not been involved, maybe he'd of been interested in talking. It was all part of the arc to split them up, and then bring them back together.

They needed to touch on Civil War in some fashion because it related directly to Steve and Tony working together, shaking hands, Tony asking Steve if he trusts him, all of that.

Last edited:
When Steve and Tony were in the 70s, how come Peggy still looked in her 20s? Shouldn't she have been in her 50s by then?
To me it looks like they aged Peggy to her 40’s. That’s not exactly elderly.. She definitely looked older than she did in TFA but not as old as in Ant-Man. A lot of women still look terrific at that age.

To me it looks like they aged Peggy to her 40’s. That’s not exactly elderly.. She definitely looked older than she did in TFA but not as old as in Ant-Man. A lot of women still look terrific at that age.

She definitely had some age makeup on, and there was grey in her hair.

Not sure is this has been asked in these 20+ pages, but where did old Steve get the shield to pass on to Falcon? Thanos destroyed his shield.

Was it reforged in Wakanda? Was a new one created for him? Did he steal it from an earlier time period (which would have screwed a few things up)?

Not sure is this has been asked in these 20+ pages, but where did old Steve get the shield to pass on to Falcon? Thanos destroyed his shield.

Was it reforged in Wakanda? Was a new one created for him? Did he steal it from an earlier time period (which would have screwed a few things up)?

If he took it from the past, it would only have screwed up the timeline that would have diverged from that moment. Not his timeline though. Of course for that to happen, he would have had to travel back a second into his prime timeline to be able to live it out, while of course condemning that alternate created timeline to whatever altered future that would have caused.

I ******* hate time travel stories.

That said: I don't think he took it. I think he just had one made to pass on. His moral standards are far to high to create another timeline. Though if I missed something, then I apologize for my ignorance at this point.

Its possible the shield presented to Sam is the finish one that Tony used to level the particle accelerator in
Ironman 2. Or its a completely new one

Either way, if I recall, it's not a version of the shield that's ever been seen on film before, so it's very likely a new shield.

But the exact source? Who knows. Pulled strings while Peggy was alive? A back up made before Steve went on ice? A wakanda made shield, coordinated through Bucky (who seems pleased/unsurprised when Steve doesn't come back)? A non vibranium shield, that's just super durable? Maybe future falcon gets a new one made and takes it back to Steve in the 1960's when falcon retires of old age in 2057, so he can give it to young falcon in 2019(ish)?

Take your pick.

Bucky knew Steve wasn't coming back, watch the scene again and their banter as well as Bucky not looking confused and completely siding with Steve in Sam taking the shield only reaffirms this to me.

As for the shield, it is different and IMO probably has some Stark or Wakanda tech in it to 'fit' Sam better. Perhaps they were even able to use some of Steve or Bucky's blood to produce a serum to give Sam so he isn't just "Sam or Falcon" and he will physically be on par with them come their series. I honestly don't see Sam being very physically capable as Captain America if something of the fashion doesn't happen. It will be just Bucky doing the physical fighting for Sam.

...Perhaps they were even able to use some of Steve or Bucky's blood to produce a serum to give Sam so he isn't just "Sam or Falcon" and he will physically be on par with them come their series. I honestly don't see Sam being very physically capable as Captain America if something of the fashion doesn't happen. It will be just Bucky doing the physical fighting for Sam.

I don't know. Even with the wings he's got, we see Sam knocking over and essentially disemboweling at least one giant murder beast in end game. Between his weaponry and wings, Falcon is a scary dude. I know in at least some of the "Sam as cap" comics, Sam keeps the wings.

I don't know if the film got flipped or what, but in many shots you see Steve's earpiece in his left ear. Yet in several scenes he is holding his hand up to his right ear.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back