Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
They definitely changed his "power level" for Endgame as well as dropped those of Thor. Even with all the stones, an energy blast still wasn't enough to stop Thor throwing Stormbringer through it and into Thanos. If Cap could wield Mjolnir and Stormbringer, the compared buff he got was weakend, if you take what should've been gained by seeing how it increased Thor's abilities in Infinity War.

BUT, they had to make it a manageable fight for an exciting movie. I really believe if Cap had Mjolnir and Thor with Stormbringer(from IW), plus Iron Man against Thanos with no stones...they would've mopped the floor with him, no contest.

I really wish Hulk would've been able to Hulk out and we got a rematch with Thanos as a part of the "everyone gets a piece". Would've made just as much if not more sense than giving it to Wanda(which I absolutely LOVED seeing a full powered and pissed Scarlet Witch tearing him a new one), and not Hulk as an original Avenger.

I loved this movie, but the more I think about it and rewatch it....I'm liking it less for how certain directions things or characters took.

I've been having the same feeling lately. I liked it a lot and still do but the minor criticisms I had before are sticking out more to me. Smash Hulk not getting a payoff after getting beat and cowering in IW. Tony and Steve never really properly burying the hatchet after Civil War. Fleshing out Ronin Hawkeye a little more. 2014 stoneless Thanos being just as formidable as 2018 Infinity Gauntlet Thanos but like Solos blaster said, you have to make an exciting fight. The futility of Thanos' plan to begin with because the population of the universe would eventually reach that point again. And why did society look so desolate and inactive? If the population were cut in half, that would put us back at what, 1950's numbers? So I would think you would still have a vibrant society. My last two points are admittedly nitpicks lol.

It's a great movie with great performances and great moments. But I can't say I'm loving it the way I did the phase 1 & 2 era movies. Even moving forward, I'm not as excited for Spider-Man as I wish I was. One, that dang trailer showed way too much. Two, I'm just tired of the tie-in "universe" part of the MCU. Now that the Avengers are gone, (the important ones that is) I don't want to see Nick Fury pop up in every movie or hear references to SHIELD anymore. Like I said in my first post, I want more standalones, ESPECIALLY from Spider-Man. And when I say standalone, I don't just mean their own movie but keep it just about that character and his world. Just let him work things out on his own. A cameo from or reference to another Marvel character is okay but leave it at that. Looking back, I think the constant need to tie everything together in a shared universe took some potentially good stories away from us. For example, I wanted to see more of the Asgardians. Definitely wanted more from Captain America. AT LEAST ONE MORE HULK MOVIE!!! A Black Widow spy movie would've been cool (which I think is in the works now?).

Eh, or maybe superhero fatigue has set in for me:confused:

Last edited:
I've been having the same feeling lately. I liked it a lot and still do but the minor criticisms I had before are sticking out more to me. Smash Hulk not getting a payoff after getting beat and cowering in IW. Tony and Steve never really properly burying the hatchet after Civil War. Fleshing out Ronin Hawkeye a little more. 2014 stoneless Thanos being just as formidable as 2018 Infinity Gauntlet Thanos but like Solos blaster said, you have to make an exciting fight. The futility of Thanos' plan to begin with because the population of the universe would eventually reach that point again. And why did society look so desolate and inactive? If the population were cut in half, that would put us back at what, 1950's numbers? So I would think you would still have a vibrant society. My last two points are admittedly nitpicks lol.

It's a great movie with great performances and great moments. But I can't say I'm loving it the way I did the phase 1 & 2 era movies. Even moving forward, I'm not as excited for Spider-Man as I wish I was. One, that dang trailer showed way too much. Two, I'm just tired of the tie-in "universe" part of the MCU. Now that the Avengers are gone, (the important ones that is) I don't want to see Nick Fury pop up in every movie or hear references to SHIELD anymore. Like I said in my first post, I want more standalones, ESPECIALLY from Spider-Man. And when I say standalone, I don't just mean their own movie but keep it just about that character and his world. Just let him work things out on his own. A cameo from or reference to another Marvel character is okay but leave it at that. Looking back, I think the constant need to tie everything together in a shared universe took some potentially good stories away from us. For example, I wanted to see more of the Asgardians. Definitely wanted more from Captain America. AT LEAST ONE MORE HULK MOVIE!!! A Black Widow spy movie would've been cool (which I think is in the works now?).

Eh, or maybe superhero fatigue has set in for me:confused:

I don't agree with your point about losing half of the population. In real life, many countries are struggling with ageing populations, and falling birth rates, which has a negative effect on the economies of those countries.

Apply that to IW/EG, then losing half of the world's population would bring many countries to their knees. Half of your governments, doctors/nurses, military, law enforcement etc, in an instant would be a devastating blow. Comparing historic population numbers to modern ones, in this instance, doesn't take into account just how different the world is from then

I don't agree with your point about losing half of the population. In real life, many countries are struggling with ageing populations, and falling birth rates, which has a negative effect on the economies of those countries.

Apply that to IW/EG, then losing half of the world's population would bring many countries to their knees. Half of your governments, doctors/nurses, military, law enforcement etc, in an instant would be a devastating blow. Comparing historic population numbers to modern ones, in this instance, doesn't take into account just how different the world is from then
I agree! And let’s not forget to mention that a world crippled with sadness could fail to prosper. So many people who lost most of their family, or their entire family (all or most of their kids, their spouse, their parents and a majority of their friends) could lose the will to carry on and “thrive”. And before you know it, the world is dark, depressed and in despair.

They've also had 5 years to deal with losing half of the population... and with a snap they're all back. That's going to create huge problems to overcome. The infrastructure just isn't there to support to support a sudden doubling of the population.

There's an inadequate supply of food and water, housing, the power grid would be inadequate. The Hulk's snap is potentially cataclysmic.

Right here! I'll definitely pay to see it on the big screen one more time. The additional footage doesn't make a difference to me.

It's only £5 at my local cinema and the added bonus scene is great. I just wanted to see it one last time on the big screen and also love the souvenir poster that will be given away, featuring the Nanotech Gauntlet which will look great with my other IMAX exclusive posters. Nice way to round out the current Avengers line up with a re-release of a truly epic film.

I think there should have been a snap amendment though to bring back everyone except terrorists who were snapped out of the picture and also within that snap to remove other extreme terrorists.

I also wonder if there were people who were on their death bed about to die and then got snapped out before they could, but then after being brought back if they then just passed, ha! Weird stuff you don't think about...

What about people that were in an airplane when the snap happened? Do they just reappear in the air and fall to their deaths?

Or the airplane crews that were flying planes when the first snap happened... the poor people on the planes.

What about people that were in an airplane when the snap happened? Do they just reappear in the air and fall to their deaths?

Or the airplane crews that were flying planes when the first snap happened... the poor people on the planes.

Already been answered by the writers or directors (can't remember which, but there's a link in this very thread) Banner is smart therefore would know to bring everyone back safely rather than in the situations they were in like a flying aeroplane, or a submarine etc.

My random thought of the day is what about people brought back from the "snap" and find out that 5 years have passed and their parents, have passed away, other family members etc. Loved this movie but a LOT of ramifications from that "snap"!

My random thought of the day is what about people brought back from the "snap" and find out that 5 years have passed and their parents, have passed away, other family members etc. Loved this movie but a LOT of ramifications from that "snap"!

See the TV show Manifest, which deals with that exact scenario :)

I'd have to say, if they give banner credit for accounting for things like people in flight, then i'd imagine he covered food and infrastructure issues as well.

Looks like endgame only made 2 million Friday... I thought for sure it was going to do way better then this

With far from home coming out Tuesday, they will be giving all the screens to that. End game will be pulled

I can’t believe I’m saying this ... I don’t think end game is gonna beat it

:(

I find it funny that length is always obsessed over, as in 'can't be too long'. Cuts down on showings, people don't wanna sit through anything much more than 2 hours, etc...

Yet, the top 3 grossers are Endgame, Avatar, and, i believe, Titanic, all at 3 hours...

I went and saw it again this weekend, honestly I was under the impression there’s was added scenes

One big change in a opening scene and added footage in the end battle

State through the whole thing saying “haven’t seen anything new yet?!”

The end credit cameos were different and longer.. and the 2 little bonus scenes, which were great.. but I was expecting a lot more

To get the people to come back to the theater they should have released more footage..

As SenorChang said, this has already been answered.

It’s also weird that it was ever a question to begin with, as if anyone goes with the idea that the unsnap brought everyone back to the exact same position that they were snapped from, then every single one of them would have been brought back to the point in space that Earth was at the time...and...well...Earth isn’t there anymore. So they’d all have been snapped back into the cold vacuum of space and immediately died again.

As SenorChang said, this has already been answered.

It’s also weird that it was ever a question to begin with, as if anyone goes with the idea that the unsnap brought everyone back to the exact same position that they were snapped from, then every single one of them would have been brought back to the point in space that Earth was at the time...and...well...Earth isn’t there anymore. So they’d all have been snapped back into the cold vacuum of space and immediately died again.
Chronic problem with any time travel story/movie. If you go back or forward even an hour you are sucking vacuum

They've also had 5 years to deal with losing half of the population... and with a snap they're all back. That's going to create huge problems to overcome. The infrastructure just isn't there to support to support a sudden doubling of the population.

There's an inadequate supply of food and water, housing, the power grid would be inadequate. The Hulk's snap is potentially cataclysmic.

The thing I didn't get is how they all snapped back knowing exactly where to be and what to do to take down Thanos. Wouldn't they all just be disoriented? Yet they looked like they had been planning this attack while they were all in ash-ville.

The thing I didn't get is how they all snapped back knowing exactly where to be and what to do to take down Thanos. Wouldn't they all just be disoriented? Yet they looked like they had been planning this attack while they were all in ash-ville.

Doc strange informed them all after they reappeared what had to be done

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back