AT-AT Driver Costume Construction

I was looking through the Chronicles and noticed the hose hookups on 4-lom. Could these be a distant cousin to the at-at driver tusks?

4lomz.jpg

Last edited:
Small update. Got the chest armor pretty much the way I want it. The front and back connect at the shoulders via 2 nylon straps. They are velcroed on the chestplate and snap on the backplate. The ribbed plastic pieces are held down with flat nylon cord like a stormtrooper's.

Two black elastic straps hold the sides together and I put two snaps in the front of the jumpsuit that snap into the chestplate to keep it from riding up.

The ejection straps are velcroed to the back and front armor. I was too afraid to make them snap attachments at this point because velcro has a bit of play to it.

Up next: attaching the shoulder bells and chestbox.

I took this picture standing in front of a mirror. I then flip-flopped the image and digitally removed the camera. :)

wip1z.jpg

Last edited:
lol, i wondered why you were doing the vader grip... :rolleyes

the sith AT AT driver.

lookin great man, damn i envy you.

Opinions anyone? Here we have two different sizes of commpad on two different style gloves. One commpad is scaled down 80%. Which one looks better? Or do both look off?

a1_largez.jpg
a1_small.jpg

b2_largez.jpg
b1_small.jpg

compad1.jpg

Last edited:
<div class='quotetop'>(clutch @ Aug 17 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1302750[/snapback]</div>
Opinions anyone? Here we have two different sizes of commpad on two different style gloves. One commpad is scaled down 80%. Which one looks better? Or do both look off?

a1_large.jpg
a1_small.jpg

b2_large.jpg
b1_small.jpg

compad1.jpg

[/b]

I think the bigger one is better :thumbsup ... also if you do a run of these I would be interested in a couple of them as well.

-Willy M.-

From a Rebel pilot a suggestion. Leave the straps velcro'd. The first time they get caught on something and rip free instead of tripping you up, you'll be glad you did.

Look at what just came in the mail.
hangerz.jpg

If there's enough interest, I'll get some cast.

Last edited:
<div class='quotetop'>(clutch @ Aug 21 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]1304706[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

i've been itching for some of these since i started on the at-at helmet a while ago. i'd love a pair.

I put together an AT-AT in 2003 put alot of work into it. The hoses were hard to find I went to all the used vacume clear shops till I found the right hoses. In 2005 I sold my suit :cry WHY :cry What was I thinking.
Seeing your suit brings a tear to my eye.
:angry Now I know. Mush build new AT-AT suit.
[attachmentid=9785]

That suit looks great.
Of all the costumes/helmets in SW, the AT-AT pilot is my favorite.
Group project anyone?

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Aug 26 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1307509[/snapback]</div>
That suit looks great.
Of all the costumes/helmets in SW, the AT-AT pilot is my favorite.
Group project anyone?
[/b]

Group project would be a great idea. What do you have in mind?

I constantly look for the helmet greeblies (with only a wee bit of success :( )

Not trying to take anything away from Clutch's excellent costuming thread maybe if a group of us are interested in finding the suit / helmet greeblies then we should start a new thread and bounce a few ideas off each other and see if we can find any more of them? I have an idea of what a few are but just can't find them.

Anyone interested http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=115890

Let see if we can't finally find these.

Cheers Chris.

<div class='quotetop'>(clutch @ Aug 21 2006, 06:09 PM) [snapback]1304706[/snapback]</div>
Look at what just came in the mail.
[/b]

I would be interested in a set if you cast these Clutch. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back