AOU Mk 43 build

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alrighty, I've finally gotten around to start my Mk 43 build. I originally tested a shoulder with the 42 look and decided to pursue the 43 first. I'll do the 42 later [emoji6]

Here is a sample of my build.

Stripped and prepped the already painted shoulder
View attachment 457218

Shot the whole thing with filler primer
View attachment 457219
View attachment 457220

Next I gave it a base in Sunburst Gold
View attachment 457221
View attachment 457222

Masked off the gold and shot in Anodized Red
View attachment 457223
View attachment 457224

Next I used Stainless Steel
View attachment 457225
View attachment 457226

Now I Inked in the lines with Burnt Umber.
View attachment 457227
View attachment 457228

I may redo the lines a little darker.

Here's the helmet. I'll redo this too
View attachment 457229
View attachment 457230

Then this.....
View attachment 458105
Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: AOU Mk 43 build from 3D print

ScarJo needs some clothes! :lol

Looking fantastic so far. I do agree though, go darker on the lines

ScarJo needs some clothes! :lol

Looking fantastic so far. I do agree though, go darker on the lines

Yes she does [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Yea, I'm going darker. Just too light.

Reel

Is that from Curtis' run ? If so, do you have news about the rest of the suit or are you stuck with the upper chest and back, shoulders, helmet and neck like me ? Anyway, I like what you've done with it, I've tried and stripped my pieces so many times now, but I'm a bit bummed I don't have the full suit like I was hoping for Age of Ultron.

AOU Mk 43 build from 3D print

Is that from Curtis' run ? If so, do you have news about the rest of the suit or are you stuck with the upper chest and back, shoulders, helmet and neck like me ? Anyway, I like what you've done with it, I've tried and stripped my pieces so many times now, but I'm a bit bummed I don't have the full suit like I was hoping for Age of Ultron.

Don't get discouraged from doing it. What are you using to strip you pieces? I have a very good method I'd share with you. [emoji6]
Thanks for the compliments. I'm not into that shiny look, so I need to dull down the look with a satin clear coat.

Reel

Last edited:

Plain old Acetone is what I use, I just soak a rag in it and wipe away, finishing with a light sanding. Thing is I can't get that glossy coat I want, the colors I have looks fine to me, but it's a bit dull even with the clear coat.

Plain old Acetone is what I use, I just soak a rag in it and wipe away, finishing with a light sanding. Thing is I can't get that glossy coat I want, the colors I have looks fine to me, but it's a bit dull even with the clear coat.

What colors are you using? Can you share a pic?

Reel

Your doing a great job on this! Can't wait to see more :)

Can you advise what paint manufacturer you used? I see you mentioned the name of the colour of paint above but just curious who makes it?:)

Your doing a great job on this! Can't wait to see more :)

Can you advise what paint manufacturer you used? I see you mentioned the name of the colour of paint above but just curious who makes it?:)

Thanks bud.

Anodized Red
Sunburst gold
Stainless Steel

All Duplicolor brand paints. The Satin is just a base Matte Satin clear coat.

The ink is just an acrylic ink available at any art supply store.

More to come [emoji6]

Reel

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)

Also to remove the excess casting on these parts did you use a dremmel? I still have all my pieces as raw cast and need to get stuck into this soon, it's too awesome to leave in a box :D

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)

Also to remove the excess casting on these parts did you use a dremmel? I still have all my pieces as raw cast and need to get stuck into this soon, it's too pretty to leave in a box :D

I did not Dremel out the inside only the edges to clean them up. This is for display so I wasn't concerned about excess. It's fine for me.

I'm currently working on shoulder 2 and then the Torso. Pics to follow [emoji2]

Reel

What colors are you using? Can you share a pic?

Reel

It's not bad, but not exactly what I want. The paint scheme is wrong too, it was painted when we had limited ref pics. I'm using motip car spray paints, the only brand available in car shops around here, I'd rather not import paint from other countries, I did for my cap shield and it costs A LOT. And I like the colors, it's the clear coat that doesn't satisfy me !
IMG_4073.JPGIMG_4072.JPG

edit : for the steel part, I use alclad paint though, not the motip cans. Airframe Aluminum I think.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back