Hellboy Samaritan Case, custom mix of canon & non-canon build.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lykle

Depends on the lathe. But I think it is not realistic in the way I first thought of doing it.
But thinking about it a bit more, I think with a angled broach, where the angle of the cutter forces the broach to rotate, that might work.
As long as the broach can rotate freely, meaning it will need to be supported by bearings on both ends.
All that is needed then is a press to push the broach through.
Make a cylinder with the same diameter as the barrel bore, make a hole in the cylinder at an angle, say 5 deg. Insert a cutter with a screw on the other side to adjust depth of cut. The first cut will be tricky to make sure it rotates properly, but after that, the cutter will follow the groove.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jamie Staff

Sr Member
Just watched the latest video..... Love it.... Don't mind the off canon vibe in the slightest... I think you missed an opportunity for RED felt though :) Give the size/depth of the box, have you considered some to under-storage, seems like a good place to keep the ammo belt you made and such... I ended up selling my box while back to a guy in Boston and he made up a second layer for his extra bits, I sent him the dog tags and photo, the other bits are part of his collection. And Yep, that's him, all geared up.

box layer.JPG

His Costume is pretty Dope :)
2.jpeg
1.jpeg

Farrells Props

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a gorgeous build all around and the videos are way too satisfying to watch! I've gotta see if I can get my mini lathe up and running and have a go at the outside of the cylinder.

-F