Jesuit24

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently finished a project to make my Sideshow Grogu and I'm thinking to open it up to others. The run would be for a kit only. I'm in the UK, so I wouldn't be comfortable with people sending me their expensive children. That being said, this is what the project includes:
  • 2x High torque rated servos
  • Pan/Tilt aluminium hardware (servos preinstalled)
  • Servo controller with pre-set script (19 unique movements on repeat*)
  • Soundboard with a 3.5mm jack (7 randomised sounds**)
  • 3D printed servo base mount (servo controller/soundboard preinstalled)
  • 3D printed head mount (push fit snug attachment for your Sideshow head)
  • Slide switch (wired for powering servos and soundboard)
  • 3.5mm jack extensions
  • Screws (for mounting the servo base to your Grogu)
*The script was designed with a convention floor in mind with Grogu taking in busy sights. I can alter/add/remove movements if necessary, depending on what you have in mind. Note that I've intentionally refrained from making too many movements and sounds. Less is more when it comes to this project; have a look at EFX's animatronic Grogu for an example of too much motion/sound.
**Disclaimer: sounds are not fully randomised; they play in the same order every time you power it on, but they still play in an almost random order. I've had it running for 30 minutes and not heard a sequential repeat yet.

NOT INCLUDED:
Price will be $250 including shipping. I'll open it up initially to a small run of 5 given I'll be waiting on parts to come in stock.

Here's a couple of videos of it in action:

This is what you'll get:
20230423_110308.jpg

And with the head attached:
20230423_110217.jpg

You will have to do the surgery on your Grogu yourself. I had already modified mine beforehand to make it poseable so your experience may vary from mine. Essentially you need to be able to trim a large portion of the collar away to allow the full range of motion the servo ask for. You also need to be able to have the base housing of the unit screwed 11cm down from the neck to make the head the correct height. Since the stock Sideshow Grogu is hollow (except for a resin weight you may have to remove/cut into) you will have to fill the inside will something you can screw down into. Any questions about this process, just ask.

Last edited:
Are you still making these kits?
I can still make them but I'll have to drop the free US shipping to make it worthwhile. I've made one for a customer but the shipping costs from the UK cut into my labour costs. It would be $25 shipped to the US

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back