ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Have we been able to ID/rule out this lower with the bracket on the right?
There are some really good milling marks on the gun with the proven upper! Curious if those have been matched or discounted in something like this
5955adac-0d26-46b8-afc3-c23c9b073bf9-jpeg.jpg

Thanks I appreciate that. I have them but just not in that high res is all. It’s this stunt blaster ya? The ones I have are great but that serial number on urs is prime!
52241373-185C-4239-A6CC-19012A195439.jpeg

Do these two pictures exist in full? You can really make out 2 813 brilliantly on the 2nd..

The first one (Merr Sonn) exists, but I don't have it and haven't been able to find it! I pulled the screenshot from Fieldmarshall's Facebook feed, but when I asked Chris where he found it: TheRPF! :lol: Betcha some folks around here have those higher-res Merr Sonn photos, and perhaps some kind soul would be willing to post them? *hint hint nudge nudge*

I do have some better pics of the stunt blaster, I'll try to dig them up if you need.

Well gosh Carson, I thought I had collected all of the auction pics, but these are new to me (I think!). Thank you!

Also, basing on the Revell Piston Greeblies being obviously cast into the ESB stunt, I think there's reason to believe that the ESB stunt was molded 'After' ANH filming. The flash hider is in the same-ish position as the Hero, whereas the Merr Sonn's flash hider is further down the barrel, certainly not the same casting. But the same upper and FH for sure!

Not much evidence of the Mystery Disk or the removed Veron Greeblies as well..

-Carson

Here are a few more...the last one of it on display was probably found here, if it's yours and you want me to pull it LMK. I think there are several blasters in this basic configuration "out there", but that's a topic for another thread!

image.jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

Thanks for sharing lads! I do have most if not all those but as Carson mentioned some are in much higher res.. the side view with the serial number is outstanding. Pedro that first one you posted is another nice upgrade in quality! :love:

The first one (Merr Sonn) exists, but I don't have it and haven't been able to find it! I pulled the screenshot from Fieldmarshall's Facebook feed, but when I asked Chris where he found it: TheRPF! :lol: Betcha some folks around here have those higher-res Merr Sonn photos, and perhaps some kind soul would be willing to post them? *hint hint nudge nudge*

I do have some better pics of the stunt blaster, I'll try to dig them up if you need.
This one is great as well. Honestly it’s really nice of Chris to share them. Out of curiosity those bottom two front greeblies.. have they been identified?
36795D52-FE03-4A45-B30D-D994FC993394.png

Also, basing on the Revell Piston Greeblies being obviously cast into the ESB stunt, I think there's reason to believe that the ESB stunt was molded 'After' ANH filming. The flash hider is in the same-ish position as the Hero, whereas the Merr Sonn's flash hider is further down the barrel, certainly not the same casting. But the same upper and FH for sure!

Not much evidence of the Mystery Disk or the removed Veron Greeblies as well..

-Carson
yay, thank you! From your observations, is the gun smaller? Could be evidence of recasting an existing cast, since the welded mounts and ESB greeblies are part of the mold.
(except for the bumper)

This one is great as well. Honestly it’s really nice of Chris to share them. Out of curiosity those bottom two front greeblies.. have they been identified?
Not sure about those two greeblies, I haven't done the full deep dive on this blaster yet, but I don't think so. Also worth pointing out that that pic is a photo of a printout laying on a table next to some replica stuff, so the perspective is a bit skewed in the one I posted.

I don't think those are gouges. I belive it's raised glue residue from where they glued a wire for the Merr Sonn and then removed it.
Carson's gouges? I'm getting lost in the trees here... :)

This is a piecemeal pic of the Merr-Sonn but it helps me personally to see it all together. I do this for a lot of these blasters when studying them and figure it could be helpful to others on the same journey..

EDIT: updated with one more better picture added. The very front is pretty much the only part that’s not “great” visually.
6D3F93A8-7090-4189-BF6C-ABA1493966F9.png

Last edited:
I am convinced there is evidence of the mystery disk on the stunt blaster as shown in the image below. You can see the upper ( and maybe lower) curve of the disk exactly where it should be cutting into the top ledge relief cut on the frame. The lower detail could be glue from the piston but it is exactly where we see a glint on many of the color pics of Han. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any other remnants or depression visible seems to indicate that the "disk" if either a shine left over from removing the abandoned left side brazed on scope mount or glue residue from a greeble that fell off at some point taking most of the bluing with it leaving a mottled surface.

Enlarge the images and look close.
For me, the edges are too perfectly lined up to be coincidence.

The "gouges" or scratches on top of the rail also line up perfectly to the post hero. I also think there could have been something glued there as well due to the discoloration of the area.

IF... when the scope was mounted on the left it was put on loosely so it could wobble... and it was bumped or dropped the mount "could" have crashed into the rail leaving all those marks. Possible? The stunt does show a rough area above the rail where the discoloration is on the hero.
Fun to ponder.

blaster mystery disk proof casting copy.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back