Limited Run Anakin Starkiller Luke ROTJ Hero Lightsaber Sign up List (Signup closed. Production has begun)

Which blue did you use? Looks like a good match for the board.

Here you go, both are Humbrol Enamels. I mixed in a little black until I got as close as I could.

IMG_2809.jpeg

Just got my plate screws, thanks Dan! And Thanks Halliwax for that new video, man It makes me wish I had a lathe. I had such trouble with chipping paint trying to sand those rings, but yours worked perfectly. I'm gonna guess the waiting 3 days helps.

Just got my plate screws, thanks Dan! And Thanks Halliwax for that new video, man It makes me wish I had a lathe. I had such trouble with chipping paint trying to sand those rings, but yours worked perfectly. I'm gonna guess the waiting 3 days helps.

No kidding. I’ve repainted and stripped mine three times, now. I’ve gotta be patient and wait those few days before making another attempt to sand the rings. This Satin Canyon paint chips WAY more easily than the High Performance Flat Black.

No kidding. I’ve repainted and stripped mine three times, now. I’ve gotta be patient and wait those few days before making another attempt to sand the rings. This Satin Canyon paint chips WAY more easily than the High Performance Flat Black.
It really does make all the difference. I sanded the paint off by hand without a lathe with no problem. But, in the past, when I didn't wait, all the paint in the valleys comes right off as well when you start sanding.

Patience is a virtue!

I am glad I stripped it to begin with, though. The High Performance enamel is more durable and easier to work with, but it’s also thicker, runnier, and has a less attractive finish. The Canyon black is lighter and nicer, but harder to sand without chipping. It’s a bit of a trade-off.

Laid down a new coat. Gonna wait at least three days. Maybe more.

So get this, went to the first Ace and had metallic paint except antique gold (brilliant gold, bright gold, copper, and brilliant silver). Second Ace didn’t carry any Ace spray paint but they are looking to add the full line (replace or minimize Krylon and Rustoleum) over the next month or so. Go figure....but in case folks can’t find it, there’s a reason. Call ahead and save a drive.

Oh yeah, neither of the Aces or Hobby Lobby had the #9880 L-stock....FWIW.
Located in Orange County, CA

zjunlimited
If you happen to go up north to Santa Barbara the Ace Hardware by the freeway off Garden has both.
If you can find anything closer to you I'd be happy to mail you either the cans I have once I'm finiahed or pick some up for you. I go to SB every week to jam with friends so it wouldn't be a problem.

zjunlimited
If you happen to go up north to Santa Barbara the Ace Hardware by the freeway off Garden has both.
If you can find anything closer to you I'd be happy to mail you either the cans I have once I'm finiahed or pick some up for you. I go to SB every week to jam with friends so it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks man, very kind of you but that won’t be necessary. I found a couple of stores that carries them....a bit further than I would’ve liked but still in OC. Although I don’t need much of a reason to go to SB.....such a nice place :).

Cool. Thanks! Makes me wonder if there’s an off-the-shelf color out there which doesn’t need to be a custom mix.

...as it turns out, I had some Testors gloss dark blue and flat black handy, and was able to mix them into a color very close to that of the board. Just need to let it cure, then apply a smidge of flat clear to tone down the slight sheen from the gloss blue. Looks good!

My real job has taken over my life right now.. I got my tac switches in and have been thinking about this model since Starkiller came over and talked about the 2 switch set up

I was up late last night playing with the first design and it worked!!

Just need to print the tolerance on one switch alittle tighter and we are good to go and I’ll upload the file

Thanks man, very kind of you but that won’t be necessary. I found a couple of stores that carries them....a bit further than I would’ve liked but still in OC. Although I don’t need much of a reason to go to SB.....such a nice place :).
Had to at least offer. :D
Seriously, I love Santa Barbara. If it wasn't so pricey I'd move there!

hey gang, finally had a night off. started cracking away at the tutorial thread so we can now share our finished heros off there!

please if you are over seas and want to share your color combination in the gallery post, please post your color combo info, with a picture and ill throw it in the gallery!

really appreciate it, I started working on the Yuma, there is a lot more involved in finishing that one then the hero. please hang in there i only need 2-3 more nights to finish it off ;)

- Halliwax, out

Hey all. FYI, I’m about recovered from my kidney surgery and I have a fresh batch of ROTJ Wide Blue cards coming on Friday/Monday. Once they get here I’ll be well enough to open up the store again and cards will be available.
Thanks for your patience.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back