Anakin Starkiller’s Darth Maul Assembly Tutorial Thread

I got my two Darth Maul lightsaber kits from Anakin Starkiller earlier this week and decided to make the shorter unused version of Darth Maul's lightsaber first. I had to use a hacksaw to cut down the main body halves. Below is a pic of my test fit. I will need to weather the emitters and do some touch up painting where I made the cuts but here it is so far. I may also paint the red knobs with a brighter red. Let me know what you think.
IMG_8212.jpg

Below is a pic of the original prop (from Parts of Star Wars) for comparison.
protomaul.gif

- Andrew

I got my two Darth Maul lightsaber kits from Anakin Starkiller earlier this week and decided to make the shorter unused version of Darth Maul's lightsaber first. I had to use a hacksaw to cut down the main body halves. Below is a pic of my test fit. I will need to weather the emitters and do some touch up painting where I made the cuts but here it is so far. I may also paint the red knobs with a brighter red. Let me know what you think.View attachment 1600912

Below is a pic of the original prop (from Parts of Star Wars) for comparison.
View attachment 1600914

- Andrew
OMG!!! This is genius!!! Freakn love this idea!!!

Thanks. It was a fairly simple conversation. Cutting down the main body parts was the most nerve-racking. I had to be very careful to keep the cuts straight. I used masking tape (a lot of it) as a guide while cutting and so I wouldn’t scratch up the paint. I used a rubber washer where the two main parts join. I may go look for a slightly thinner washer though. The one I used is a bit too thick. I also noticed that the two main body parts are weathered differently so I will need to address that. Other than that I am pretty happy with the outcome.

I got the other Maul lightsaber together. Decided I couldn't wait. This one went together very easily. I went with a larger diameter o-ring to hopefully minimize the stress on the rubber. Below are the two versions next to each other.
IMG_8238.jpg
IMG_8239.jpg

I used the larger o-ring. They went on smoothly and stay on pretty tight. Can't remember where I got them. I found them in my tool bin.
IMG_8241.jpg

Last edited:
Hope this threads not too old to consider this a necro post. I picked up one of these kits on sale a few weeks ago, man I’m glad I did. Thanks to this tutorial it took about 15 minutes to put it together. Im planning do the paint mod on the knobs, and to recreate the emitter ends as seen on the hero prop that was auctioned in December on PropStore, including the inscribed cataloging numbers. Problem is the Prop Store photos don’t clearly show the entire thing. Does anyone happen to know or have photos of the complete line of numbers?

View attachment 1596359View attachment 1596360

I posed this same question in the thread here. But some of the others dismissed the numbers as being either a master replicas copy or just regular scratches. To be fair, it wasn’t easy to see the numbers there, but I knew someone else had to see what I was seeing or have a clearer photo. Nice to see a clearer picture to confirm my original thoughts.

C3C65838-60FB-4BB0-B285-6938992A4E74.jpeg

Hey guys, I just jumped on this run (Srz kept you waiting, huh :oops:) Didn't even know this was a thing.
Since I'm from europe I wanted to ask if these parts are the right? I'm quite lost with inches, coming from the metric system.

image_2023-01-17_162016359.png

Last edited:
Hi guys, I’m late to the party on this one!! Just ordered one but I’m having trouble getting hold of the 3/8-16 threaded rod here in the U.K. Please can anyone here in England guide me to where the managed to obtain one?
Many thanks.

Few years late to the game but had to get one for myself! Super easy build thanks to Halliwax’s instructional video.

Any paint recommendations for the emitter?

Did everyone weather their washers too?

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpeg
    IMG_3445.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Painted and weathered the washers. Had to modify the center to get the two halves to line up correctly too. Thanks for your help and tutorial videos my dude!

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpeg
    IMG_3467.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3469.jpeg
    IMG_3469.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back