Anakin Starkiller’s Darth Maul Assembly Tutorial Thread

Temporary display for the AS Ep1 hilts. Just missing one more!
IMG_3499.jpeg

Nice display, can you link to where you got it
thepcmodshop on Etsy. They make good stuff but the seller does it all himself. So manufacturing times are not always accurate. The more custom you go the longer it will be.

Here is for the 2 tier but once the shop re-opens I’m going for a 3 tier. Here is the 3.

IMG_3139.jpeg
IMG_3136.jpeg
Has anyone tried or thought of turning one of these into a Plo Koon saber? It looks like you’d need to cut one half after the rings and add 3 more and then a small section before the washers, but that’s about it. I bet a little resin 3d printed section could fill out that portion needed.

Yay, it arrived today. Hoping to get to Bunnings tomorrow and get some threaded rod.

This seems to be what I can get in imperial measurements https://www.bunnings.com.au/macsim-24-x-3-8-zinc-plated-whitworth-threaded-rod_p2410279

I am not having much like finding anything like Acid A14 though. Are there other suggestions for weathering the washers a little? I don't want to go crazy, but match the hilt.
I got the A14 Here in Aus from

I stuggled finding the ROD here in Australia too and ended up importing it, Any idea of what Washer you can source here in Australia to go between the two pieces of hilt?

I got the A14 Here in Aus from

I stuggled finding the ROD here in Australia too and ended up importing it, Any idea of what Washer you can source here in Australia to go between the two pieces of hilt?
Thank you. I am going to buy that Barnes one. I've had a few people recommend it.

I found the rod at Bunnings. $4.xx for a 3/8 sized 24 inch long piece I linked above
I bought a pack of 3/8 rubber washers and nuts also (couldn't buy just 1). You don't need the nuts, I'll take mine back.

I'll mail you two washers for the cost of the postage if you want

Went together very fast. Worst bit was the blunt hacksaw cutting the rod.

Last edited:
Did you source the metal parts from some where or did you hand fabricate the parts yourself?
The only metal parts are three flat head Phillips screws and a brad-hole T-nut. The other part is 3D printed.

See this post for the T-nut:

This post has info on the printed part and a link to files:

That's amazing, I thought the part had to be 3D printed based off of the other post with the link to the files but I can't make out any print lines AND it looks metallic. Great job printing those :O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back