Anakin Starkiller’s Darth Maul Assembly Tutorial Thread

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
THIS THREAD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
5-1-19

hey gang. I wanted to start this thread alittle early. I have yet to finish my written tutorial but the video is up

Until then here is some great reference of the original prop
077DF754-CE50-4C79-83A8-91B5617CEF7C.jpeg


I hope everyone will share their finished Maul sabers here, and share how and what you did for weathering

I got a covertec clip coming in the mail. Once I get it I can finish the written tutorial but until then we got a video of this tall boring guy blabber around while his 44lb beagle barks upstairs...

THIS THREAD IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
 
Last edited:

mugatu

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Danny, you are the man! Great video.
I am going to take my 1 back apart and use the 3/8 nylon washer for the middle like you suggested. I used the poor man’s washer (rolled up paper towel) so far and it just isn’t going to cut it.
Thanks for the video.
 

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No problem guys! Thanks for the support, honestly Andy I like my nylon washer. But I think the rubber washer would work even better

Wish my Lowe’s had a rubber one my size so I could try it

I was hoping to have some of my friends working at Lowe’s that night but not a single one..
 

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Man those are gorgeous

aw were the center holes like a millimeter off, causing the center shift?

Also, halliwax, thats a thick nylon washer, is there a recess that it sits in? the two halves are flush with one another and I don't see where that washer ended up lol
 

mrwax

Active Member
Heads up, it looks like your guys' inner o-rings (the ones between the middle and the ends) aren't lined up correctly. If this reference image is correct, they should be pushed farther from the center to right before the black rings:

 

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heads up, it looks like your guys' inner o-rings (the ones between the middle and the ends) aren't lined up correctly. If this reference image is correct, they should be pushed farther from the center to right before the black rings:

Mrwax good catch! This is a easy fix thankfully!
 

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did go with 2 rubber washers in the center and it went together very easily and lined up great.
When I disassembly mine to take the photos for the tutorial I’m going to try the rubber washer. There is a Lowe’s in my brothers town, he’s suppose to grab me 1 for this weekend. I’m gonna have him grab a few extra now knowing this

Thank you!
 
Top